Black Authors : Octavia E. Butler

MsInterpret

REGISTERED MEMBER
Apr 21, 2007
Washington
I feel her and Toni Morrison share a unique style of writing..like a 'out this world kinda thing'' what do you think?

I know she leaned more on science fiction side; but still, I see similarities between her and Toni Morrison.

I haven't read any of Toni Morrison...I will definitely check her out to my next stop to the bookstore this week...THANKS :)

**matter of fact I'm going to Google her now and check her out on Amazon**

EDIT: Take that back she wrote Beloved...

Clyde C Coger Jr

PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
www.amazon.com
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
In the Spirit of Sankofa and Real Truth!

I haven't read any of Toni Morrison...I will definitely check her out to my next stop to the bookstore this week...THANKS :)

While you are at it partner, google mine too, by name or title, which is, Does Color Matter?:)...thanks in advance, MsInterpret

Amnat77

REGISTERED MEMBER
Dec 11, 2006
UK..not for long
Occupation
professional.

Ok, read Tar baby and Song of Solomon then tell me what you think.

reading both thier works to me is like poetry..it flows..I love it! yes she wrote beloved, i had to read that book twice to understand what was going on.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
skuderjaymes Black People : Octavia Butler - Speech Sound (Dystopian Story) Black People Open Forum 0
I Octavia Butler Honoring Black Ancestors 2
$$RICH$$ Black Entertainment : Octavia Spencer Black Entertainment 27
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Positive People : Michelle Obama leads tributes to former White House butler who died from coronavirus Black People Doing Positive Things 1
Fine1952 Black Entertainment : Lee Daniels, The Butler (2013) Black Entertainment 0
shaka64 Audio Video Web Conferencing : Jerry Butler - Ain't Understanding Mellow (1971) Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
Destee Audio Video Web Conferencing : Jerry Butler - Only The Strong Survive Audio Video Web Conferencing 1
My Inner Most Thoughts The Front Porch : The Butler Did It The Front Porch 28
CosmicMessenger Audio Video Web Conferencing : Jerry Butler & the Impressions - For Your Precious Love 1958 Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Entertainment : 'The Butler' stays on top with $17 million Black Entertainment 75
Alarm Clock Black Entertainment : FOLKS OUTRAGED AFTER MOVIE THEATER HIRES ARMED GUARDS FOR “THE BUTLER” - Black Entertainment 3
Enki Black Entertainment : Lee Daniels, The Butler Black Entertainment 386
RAPTOR Black People : Walton Henry Butler: "Only Shot A N----r" Black People Open Forum 5
$$RICH$$ Black Sports : BUTLER trade in the NFL for ICU Black Sports 0
M African American History Culture : Jerry Butler Profile of a Mississippi Artist African American History Culture 5

Latest profile posts

$1 Billion Black dollars in 30 days
Destee wrote on Marcchris's profile.
Hi @Marcchris ... Welcome Welcome Welcome!!! :wave: ... Thanks for joining us AND becoming a Premium Member! :cheerleader: ... I am honored. Please make yourself right at home! Much Love and Peace.
Destee wrote on rhymebad's profile.
I Love You! :love:
Destee wrote on dunwiddat's profile.
Good to see you Sister! :cheerleader:
Kemetstry wrote on dunwiddat's profile.
Where have you been hiding ?