Black Authors : Octavia E. Butler

MsInterpret

Apr 21, 2007
Washington
Octavia E. Butler was an American science fiction writer, one of the best-known among the few African-American women in the field. She won both Hugo and Nebula awards. In 1995, she became the first science fiction writer to receive the MacArthur Foundation "Genius" Grant.

Parable of a Sower, Kindred and Wild Seed I think are must read books of hers!

Anyone else read any of her books?

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
In the Spirit of Sankofa and Real Truth!

Octavia E. Butler

Octavia E. Butler was an American science fiction writer, one of the best-known among the few African-American women in the field. She won both Hugo and Nebula awards. In 1995, she became the first science fiction writer to receive the MacArthur Foundation "Genius" Grant.

Parable of a Sower, Kindred and Wild Seed I think are must read books of hers!

Anyone else read any of her books?

I haven't MsInterpret, but there are many bookworms around that probably have...we will see:)

Amnat77

Dec 11, 2006
UK..not for long
Occupation
professional.
Read a short story of hers a while ago, but I'm going to add her Kindred to my book list, thanks!

RIP Octavia E. Butler

MsInterpret

Apr 21, 2007
Washington
Read a short story of hers a while ago, but I'm going to add her Kindred to my book list, thanks!

RIP Octavia E. Butler
Kindred is a wonderful book...If I've read everything else in the house I always go back and re-read Kindred over...Very entertaining

I am in the middle of reading Lilth's Brood. WOW! Book is mind boogling...It's one of her more far-out-there books. I had to give that one a rest for awhile...You really need an imagination to visualize what she is describing about.

Amnat77

Dec 11, 2006
UK..not for long
Occupation
professional.
Kindred is a wonderful book...If I've read everything else in the house I always go back and re-read Kindred over...Very entertaining

I am in the middle of reading Lilth's Brood. WOW! Book is mind boogling...It's one of her more far-out-there books. I had to give that one a rest for awhile...You really need an imagination to visualize what she is describing about.
I feel her and Toni Morrison share a unique style of writing..like a 'out this world kinda thing'' what do you think?

I know she leaned more on science fiction side; but still, I see similarities between her and Toni Morrison.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Black People : Octavia Butler - Speech Sound (Dystopian Story) Black People Open Forum 0
I Octavia Butler Honoring Black Ancestors 2
$$RICH$$ Black Entertainment : Octavia Spencer Black Entertainment 27
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Positive People : Michelle Obama leads tributes to former White House butler who died from coronavirus Black People Doing Positive Things 1
Fine1952 Black Entertainment : Lee Daniels, The Butler (2013) Black Entertainment 0
shaka64 Audio Video Web Conferencing : Jerry Butler - Ain't Understanding Mellow (1971) Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
Destee Audio Video Web Conferencing : Jerry Butler - Only The Strong Survive Audio Video Web Conferencing 1
My Inner Most Thoughts The Front Porch : The Butler Did It The Front Porch 28
CosmicMessenger Audio Video Web Conferencing : Jerry Butler & the Impressions - For Your Precious Love 1958 Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Entertainment : 'The Butler' stays on top with $17 million Black Entertainment 75
Alarm Clock Black Entertainment : FOLKS OUTRAGED AFTER MOVIE THEATER HIRES ARMED GUARDS FOR “THE BUTLER” - Black Entertainment 3
Enki Black Entertainment : Lee Daniels, The Butler Black Entertainment 386
RAPTOR Black People : Walton Henry Butler: "Only Shot A N----r" Black People Open Forum 5
$$RICH$$ Black Sports : BUTLER trade in the NFL for ICU Black Sports 0
M African American History Culture : Jerry Butler Profile of a Mississippi Artist African American History Culture 5
Destee Chat

Latest profile posts

Life is just a breath, but your works last forever.
@Destee
During this time, I wanna to wish everyone on this site the most blesseth and positive energy throughout
the rest of 2020 as we continue to persevere and raise awareness during this plandemic.
Continue to stay safe
and healthy. We're in the perfect time to self-care and boost our immune systems through at home remedies.
@Destee
I know this is my first status update since 2020 begin, but all of us agree that 2020 delivered a low-blow
to each of us with the miscellaneous events we have recently seen which brought all of us great displeasure.
Destee wrote on Joyce's profile.
Thanks for the Blessing! Love You! :kiss:
Making sure I do more than I did yesterday. Progress is the Concept.