Black Spirituality Religion : Occult = Hidden

In the Spirit of Sankofa!

In New Orleans, many of the ironworks that the city is so famous for have veves as the central structure. In plain sight. Most people are just ignorant as to what to look for. In a Vodouisant's house, you may see statues of Catholic saints which are just the storehouses of the lwa they represent. In my house, I have many Indian statues. Most people just think I'm really into Indians - not knowing many of my statues are warrior spirits that protect my home from intruders. One family friend spent a couple weeks at my house and was startled to hear knocks and footsteps at night. He saw on a couple occasions a blur of a small children running around and giggles. I had to break it down to him that that was just my Eshu playing tricks and having fun on his expense. I have a Quran and the book of Psalms open in my house as well. Go figure?

Sometimes as a child of Eleggua (Eshu), just being mischievous, I tell people I'm either Catholic or Muslim. I stay chameleon like that. Just to have some fun and play tricks.

Now for the real deal stuff, just visit my garage.

Blackbird

Blackbird,

It is always a pleasure to converse! I figure that you are not taking any chances. Good to see you have the Book of Psalms, open, in your house!

CHAOS

I THINK WE NEED MORE DEMONS!!!!!!:SuN003:

STOP PLAYING WITH PEOPLE'S PSYCH, YOU MORON!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU KNOW THE MAJORITY OF THE COMMUNITY HAS NO IDEA ABOUT WHAT YOU ARE SAYING!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

LOLOL Ya'll nuttahs!!

Sis/Queen Destee, may I add my lil' two pence worth? Thank U :) I've always been intrigued by the "occult" or magic call it what you will. I've only read books on it but it has always been from an European perspective: magic wands, brews and potions etc. Only this year when I came out of Islam I began researching more into the spiritual traditions of my Afrikan ancestors that had been kept from me and many of our people of the Afrikan Diaspora only to realise that the Europeans were imitating many of our methods and traditions.

With my continued research, increasing knowledge, and practices I am beginning to understand magic, occult as what I term as energy manipulation. Everything in the universe including human/divine beings exist as energy and everything vibrates at different frequencies. The more dense the vibrational frequency the more solid it become such as a tree, table, people, etc etc, and the more higher the vibrational frequency the more lighter or less dense it becomes such as gases, air/oxygen, ether/spirit, etc etc.

So from my limited understanding, we each have the potential ability to manipulate energy by raising our own frequencies to a higher plane of existence and becoming more at one with other elements within and around us. Everything works through energy and forces. The lowest level of energy manipulation I guess is when we pray. We put all our energy into wanting something to happen, many of us not really realising that it is our own thoughts that is manifest things into reality. Or when we use crystals and stones etc to help balance our own energies. Another level is using herbs and objects etc to work with other energies within us or around us, much like creating a formula, to get the desired effect. Higher levels of energy manipulation is telekinesis or other "so-called" psychic phenomena. So there are many levels of energy manipulation. Its just that we live in a system that focuses on nurturing the lowest aspect of who we truly are and so it is up to us to seek knowledge of self and our true potential.

Our ancestors were spiritual scientists. They had a higher understanding of the knowledge of self and used many formulas of energy and natural forces that already exist within & around us such as electromagnetism, gravity, and all the other natural laws to produce results in their lives.

The more I am researching and utilising the knowledge I am realising that everything that comes into our lives, into our world is brought in by ourselves alone thorough the kind of thoughts etc that we are cultivating. But thats another chapter...lol. We are creating our world as we read...mass consciousness etc. Is that magic?

To conclude, I just want to say the more we get into our spirit of who we truly are the answers will come to us. The power that resides within us is waiting for us to tap into it to be successful.

Peace, Love, Light...
:hearts4:

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back