Black People : Observation...

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Nisa, May 18, 2005.

1. Nisa

Nisa Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +31
    Ok you guys...I was on the bus today....and these young black guys in highschool were talking amongst themselves..and one of the guys was saying that his girlfriend was in highschool...10th grade..his friend or whomever..said you got one of those young h**s...you need to get a college h**...get an older h**...leave them young h**s alone...in fact imma throw a party ...and tell all the h**s to come to the hood..im like da h-e-l-l...
    Then a female was on the bus..yapping..every other word was n***a and mf..
    Another guy was talking to another guy about how he has 2 daughters..and he was talking about how it must be something in the food..because all these young girls are pregnant..then he said if my girls ever got pregnant (he said they are 15 and 17)..he would move hell and water to get them an abortion..so they can go to college...
    Um what the hell is going on with our people.... :insane:

2. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    If you think that was bad, you should ride a NYC subway train during rush hour!

3. Nisa

Nisa Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +31

I'll pass...

4. Froggy1

Froggy1 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2
    All I gotta say is South Central. But something like that happened to me except the dude in my class was talkin bout I will kill any ni*(a in a ball game and talking all teh mad **** but once he got out there I SPANKED him!

5. Jasel

Jasel Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0

unfortunately this kind of crap goes on all over the place. I accredit alot of it to the hip hop industry where talking and acting like that is put in a positive light. another reason why i don't listen to it anymore. Even at my college most of the blacks act and talk like that. Or at least scream n***a all over campus every 10 seconds to talk to someone.

6. Froggy1

Froggy1 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2
    stuff is getting MAD ILL MAN!

7. KWABENA

KWABENA STAFF STAFF

United States
    Leader-Student-Teacher
    Ratings:
    +367
    WE NEED TO TEACH THEM TO BE RESPECTFUL!

This is the ultimate genocide that is tearing us apart. Most of us either were teens or are teens; we should know how to deal with them. I know that earlier this evening, I was on the court playing basketball with a couple of my college-mates, and two young boys came on the court. One of them had their pants down (underwear hanging out), and all my college-mates were talking with themselves about it. I told him to pull them up, and he did without any fuss or comment.

Just be a respectful, caring person and send a respectful, caring message to our future.

When young ladies come on the bus with their thongs showing or their breats nearly hanging out (very common in Florida), older females ALWAYS tell them to fix themselves. Why are we so afraid of our younger brothas? And let me also add that the girls do it without fuss or argument.

CD

8. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    This is true Jasel, but this goes beyond Hip Hop. The behavior is endorsed in movies as well. Music & Film is often a reflection of what a particular generation cares about. With this realization, the current generation isn't concerned about that much. This culture fosters ignorant behavior as cool. Cursing (once used only for shock value or to emphasis extreme emotion) has become common in normal conversation. It will take considerable effort to change this behavior. Especially considering that the problem did not start with the current generation of youths, it occured at least 1 generation before them.

9. Nita

Nita Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    youth volunteer
    Ratings:
    +17
    smh

I guess it's just bad everywhere. It's sad to say but many people have forgotten about the morals and values we once held so dear to our hearts. I work with some youth that can curse people out like it aint no thang and here I am 28 years old and have never cursed anyone out and don't believe I ever can because that's just how I was taught. I just find other ways to deal with situation. Our youth are just pickin up the wrong things and we have to find a way to reverse this. We must bring morals back in the lives of our youth before it's too late.

10. Radical Faith

Radical Faith Well-Known Member MEMBER

Operations Manager
    Ratings:
    +137
    The solution

I experienced the same thing when was out one morning getting breakfast when the club let out after 2:00am on a Thursday night/Friday morning. I was in the restaurant where these three lovely young sisters were saying some of the ugliest things that a person could say. I shook my head. The only way to stop this is to start a movement among our women to teach our children a different way of life. We can't single any woman raising children out. All women raising children must be involved in the process. Women are the first teachers. God designed woman to nurture and teach. We must change what our children are being taught or not taught. When this happens our generational curse of immorality will end and our values will change. Then maybe we will be able to successfully deal with bigger issues. Right now we are not ready...