Poetry Critiques : Obituary for the "N-Word"

Discussion in 'Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On!' started by mizjoice, Jul 20, 2007.

1. mizjoice

mizjoice Well-Known Member MEMBER

to encourage and support
    Ratings:
    +36
    Nword was buried July 9, 2007, with much fanfare and to great applause.
    Nword was shrouded in controversy most of his life. His actual birthdate and birthplace are unknown. Racism is widely recognized to be his mother. Hatred (of self and otherwise) is his father, although he refuses to acknowledge Nword as his child. Nword had no known spiritual affiliations of any kind. During much of his youth just the mention of his name preceded fighting and/or rioting. Matter-of-fact, to misapply Nword to any person of African descent was cause for a beatdown, either verbal or physical. At some point through music and media propagation, Nwords image changed. During the 70's and the 80's, Nword became famous, wellknown, worldwide, and commonplace. He was widely embraced and became a household name. He was married briefly to "B#$!h". This union produced many children, 3 of which are wellknown: P#&p, H**, and F**l. (Let us pray for their rapid and eventual demise!) As for Nword, may he rest in peace, and never dwell in your mouth or your spirit again! Amen!

2. Goddess Auset333

Goddess Auset333 Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +23
    Beloved Qg Mizjoice writes: Nword had no known spiritual affiliations of any kind.

Please read the below link
    The Orgin of a Sacred Word
    http://destee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49331

Lets Keep the The Orgin of a Sacred Word Alive

3. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    A long due death that our people needed to pay last respects too
    and move on in betterment of life before us all an Obituary to remember
    DEATH OF DA N-Word killed by NAACP July 9th forth peace it shall rest

4. Goddess Auset333

Ratings:
    +23
    Beloved Mighty warrior $$RICH$$:

Precious, you know what is in Divine order?

1. It is knowing that the NAACP does not speak for ALL Black people.

2. It is when one understand/overstand others position on issues and their own.

Beloved $$RICH$$, shouldn't there have been a triple burial? The "D" Word DAWG/DOG, the 'B' Word _ itch, the "H' word ***?

Pretty soon all the alphabets is going to be buried, and then Harmony, Order, and Balance will rule and reign, because there will be no words to fight over, everyone will be quiet.

Preciosu $$RICH$$, what is your thought on that?

:SuN030: :SuN030: :SuN030:

5. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    yes i think another fight to kill such words that has drug us whip us
    and labled us ....likes of the B word and the H word they should die
    from our living and grace the D word is how one look into it and often have
    no power or dreadful as other words against us through time itself
    again i'm one happy that NAACP step there game up on this one .........

6. abstract219

abstract219 ...standing on the shoulders of giants MEMBER

United States
    Behavioral Health
    Ratings:
    +548
    Miz Joyce
    Excellent obituary. It's time we bury the word, and look for better ways to describe ourselves.
    I like your similes in this piece. Racism and Hatred are the parents of this word. That is a great way of putting it.
    great write.

I eliminated the 'N" word 3 years ago, after having undergone a deep mental and physical cleansing.

To Goddess:
    I think the "N" word, in it's present connotation, of crime-ridden, violent and shiftless beings, is what the NAACP is talking about. Not the historic, and valued names you refer to in your posts.

Like you said, the NAACP will not go and do the etymology of the "N" word, as you have extensively done. They wont see the Divinity in the orgin of the word. I agree with them, in the fact that we need to stop using it to describe each other, to address each other. Until we can get clear understanding of the word...i suggest we drop it.

The meaning used in ancient African civilizations and others, is not the same as the "N" word we use today. The "N" word today is laced with years of oppression, self-hate and negativity. I feel they are 2 different words, with 2 entirely different meanings. We do need to stop using it.

Sad to say, also, the average work-a-day African American wont bother to do the research either. They will continue to see it as it has been expressed here in America. Meaning a psuedo-kinship and term of endearment to each other.

I chide the NAACP in so many areas. I feel they have been so lax. It seemed like a media ploy to up their membership, which im not against.

I too, wish "*****"...."dog" and other negative perjoritives would vanish. Unfortunately, we still have a long way to go.

Great post. I enjoyed it.

7. Goddess Auset333

Ratings:
    +23
    Beloved Mighty warrior abstract219.

Thank you for sharing.
    :angel1: :angel1: :angel1:

8. Goddess Auset333

Ratings:
    +23
    Bobby Hemmit-N Word-Bobby Hemmitt - Global Warming

Bobby Hemmit-_N Word
    Bobby Hemmitt - Global Warming

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7DFH6mvaAE

King god Bobby Hemmit, I thank you, I thank you, I thank you, and I bow to the Truth and reality in you.
    :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :qqb023:

KG Bobby speaks about the Kundalini, Serpent Grail. The Black Womb Gender (female) is the Holy/Divine Grail, and although both black Genders need to know this information, it is the Black Womb-gender who needs to know this most of all because she is the first teacher, and it is through her that the enemies will destroyed the Black Kingdom and of course other ways, what is left of it.

Next time we up and bury something, lets go beyond the research of the research, and see how deep Bugs bunny Rabbit Hole is.

The sad thing is that we have buried the T & R word, Truth and reality in us.

Where are the Qg's Harriet Tubman, Sojourner Truth, Assata Shakur and all the Divine warrior Queen goddesses? Buried in each Black womb-gender, that is where they are.

Cosmic Ancestors I petition you and make this request. Teach every Black Womb gender (female) how to dig, dig, dig, for that Truth and Reality Diamond in her, the foundation ROCK. Teach her to apply pressure and mold that Truth and Reality Diamond in her, for it is not the digging, it is the pressure that will make her the Truth and reality Diamond She Is. Touch every Black Womb gender NOW, in the Malls, getting her fake nails done, getting a new weave, or any other artificialities she have on her. Clean her house (Soul-Mind). Impregnate her conscious/subconscious with Divine truth and Reality so she will be rise back to her Holy Grail divine status. She the Black Womb gender, is now being challenged to decide what you need to be--a Diamond or a Marshmallow. Once the pressure is on, the healing starts. May the Shining Star Sparkles in your Mind-Soul-Eyes
    causes such a glare that all lies and deception will disappear and the enemies bow dow, flee, shut up or all three at the sight of the Black Diamond, the Black Womb will be when she discovers that the Divine Secret to our beginning and end is in her/us.

Go for it Black Diamond Womb gender. What have you got to lose? Your european mind-set, and all artificialities is what you will lose, because now you have arrived back to your Divine Black Natural self, the Divine Black Kingdom way

A NATION WILL RISE NO HIGHER THAN ITS WOMB GENDERS.
    THE DESTINY OF THE WOMB GENDERS (HOLY GRAIL): IS THE DESTINY OF THE WORLD.

How many Black Womb Genders reading this will teach the children about the interpretation of the negative term and the Divine Holy Grail tem of the 'N" Word.

Afrika (us) is Still paradise in spite of her/our conditions.

I would like to encourage Kg Old Soul to play this in a class one night.

The Truth is Final (Mumia)

Afrikan Proverb: One who do like to read is equal to the one who cannot read.

AUSET: One who do not care to see, is equal to the one who can not see, Divinely/Spiritually. One who do not care to hear, is equal to the one who can not hear, Divinely/Spiritually. One who do not care to know is equal to the one who does not know, Divinely/Spiritually. One who do not care to live is equal to the one who is dead, Divinely/Spiritually.

:SuN040: :SuN030: :qqb023:

9. watzinaname

watzinaname Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +122
    Mizjoice, as you can tell from the responses, your piece elicits much conversation, and I was interested in reading the thoughts of different posters on this subject.
    Critiquing the piece itself, I liked the whole concept of the obituary, and the creative detail. The N word, as most have come to know it, and other insulting words as well, need to be replaced with words that uplift and unify us. Thank you for sharing your work with us.

10. mizjoice

mizjoice Well-Known Member MEMBER

to encourage and support
    Ratings:
    +36
    Obituary for the NWord

2 Bro. Rich: thank you for taking the time to read and for your encouragement.
    2 Sis. Queen: thank you for the link to the origins of the word.
    2 Sis. Waz: Happy belated birthday! My computer was in "crash" mode, so unfortunately, I missed you celebration! Thank you, Sister, for tanking the time to read and critique. You input was much appreciated and well considered.
    2 Bro. Abstract219: you felt me, Bro! Thank you for your commentary! In our greetings to one another and our references to one another, I would hope that we are trying to evoke the quality of a name (which ever the name we pefer to use). That is why Brothers are Kings, that is why Sisters are Queens. I would venture to say (as you so aptly pointed out) that that is not the intention when calling someone the Nword. To me, it really ain't about the NAACP. To me it's about why would I call another black person any name that has been used derogatorally toward us. I would no more shorten Hotep to "H*"! (But that's just me, talking!) Thank you again for taking the time to read, comment, and especially understanding!