Black Women : Obesity increases among black girls

MsInterpret

REGISTERED MEMBER
Apr 21, 2007
Obesity Rates Fall for White Girls, Not for Blacks, Indians in U.S. Study
By Arielle Fridson - Aug 15, 2010 9:01 PM PT

Obesity increased among black and American Indian girls in California even while declining for non-Hispanic whites, signaling flaws in U.S. programs aimed at combating fatness, researchers said.

The rate of obesity rose to 22 percent in 2008 for black girls, from 20 percent seven years earlier, while climbing for American Indian girls to 23 percent from 15 percent, according to a study published today in the journal Pediatrics. Those numbers moved up even after 2005, when the rate for non- Hispanic white girls fell by 0.6 percentage point, to 10 percent, the scientists said.

The finding suggests there will be greater disparities among racial and ethnic groups over time, and that anti-obesity programs must be tailored to high-risk populations, said researchers led by Kristine A. Madsen, an assistant professor of pediatrics at the University of California, San Francisco.

?Our study is a call to action,? Madsen said in a telephone interview Aug. 12. ?We?re the first ones to show that the policies that we?re putting in place to decrease obesity are not decreasing disparities. That?s scary.? Programs should target low-income communities specifically, since that is where obesity is increasing, she said.

READ MORE: http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2010-...irls-not-for-blacks-indians-in-u-s-study.html

Obesity Rates Fall for White Girls, Not for Blacks, Indians in U.S. Study
By Arielle Fridson - Aug 15, 2010 9:01 PM PT

Obesity increased among black and American Indian girls in California even while declining for non-Hispanic whites, signaling flaws in U.S. programs aimed at combating fatness, researchers said.

The rate of obesity rose to 22 percent in 2008 for black girls, from 20 percent seven years earlier, while climbing for American Indian girls to 23 percent from 15 percent, according to a study published today in the journal Pediatrics. Those numbers moved up even after 2005, when the rate for non- Hispanic white girls fell by 0.6 percentage point, to 10 percent, the scientists said.

The finding suggests there will be greater disparities among racial and ethnic groups over time, and that anti-obesity programs must be tailored to high-risk populations, said researchers led by Kristine A. Madsen, an assistant professor of pediatrics at the University of California, San Francisco.

“Our study is a call to action,” Madsen said in a telephone interview Aug. 12. “We’re the first ones to show that the policies that we’re putting in place to decrease obesity are not decreasing disparities. That’s scary.” Programs should target low-income communities specifically, since that is where obesity is increasing, she said.

READ MORE: http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2010-...irls-not-for-blacks-indians-in-u-s-study.html

what about the rates for bulimia and anorexia.. "thick" is desired in black
communities.. "skinny" is desired in white communites.. I willing to bet that
white communities have higher rates of bulimia and anorexia.. what all of that
says to me is that many women place their looks above their health.​

obesity and anorexia are concepts of the same illness of mind

usage of your brain is a ratio of brain weight to body weight

when my brain processes information quickly i appear "skinney" because i am using different regions of my brain

when my brain processes information slowly i gain weight because i am not using my brain to weight capacities totally

neither is more "desirable" in the "black community" because I find that I am usually the physical opposite of what some "claim" to love and like, and they usually say it's just something about you-

when the concepts are made manifest first and look upon as lust, imbalance an sickness arises

stroking a man's ego has nothing to do with how you look physically, it's more about how you can make him "feel" about himself, and that is based on how you feel about yourself

the intent is to make you feel a certain way, and keep you desperate in you being

therefore, you live in a tomb or a temple

the body does not truly exist only the consciousness within it

why not make young girls fat and make them feel inferior

why not make skinney girls skinney and make them feel superior

although one obsession is food and the other is lack of- what kind of balance is this-

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back