Pan Africanism : Obelisk points to ancient Ethiopian glory

Discussion in 'Black History - Culture - Panafricanism' started by panafrica, Apr 11, 2005.

1. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/4376627.stm

2. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680
    Thank you for this Brother Pan :toast:

Brother OldSoul has taught on the obelisks our Ancestors created. It was during one of his classes, right here in our own Black Voice Chat, that i first heard the word "obelisk." God is Good. i'm so encouraged by the fact that if i can learn in this community, directly from my own Sisters and Brothers, then surely others can too! I'm often amazed at the many times i get to put into effect, the information he shares in his class! You all really are missing a great treat every Sunday @ 3 pm ET!

As a matter of fact, my learning about obelisks (plural, is that right?) coincided with the addition of our front page to the community. That is why we have an obelisk on that page! Take a look, that's an obelisk! It is on the left, the menu of our contents! It came as a direct result of Brother OldSoul teaching us (me) about them! He has a few pages on his web site teaching on this subject too. Hopefully he'll read this thread and share a link to that information.

Brother OldSoul recently asked in class, as the Pope's funeral event was taking place, did we notice the obelisk there in Rome? i didn't notice it, but i didn't watch very much of that.

So much has been stolen from us, it's nice to see even a little bit of it being returned to its proper owner.

God is Good.

:heart:

Destee

3. Ralfa'il

Ralfa'il Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +16
    I wonder was there any connection to this obelisk and Cleopatra's needle?

And if there is any writting on it, in which language and format was it structured in?