Black Relationships : Obedient Men

Discussion in 'Black Relationships' started by Destee, May 25, 2005.

1. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,677
    Hello Family,

I was sitting here thinking about Brother Aqil and how disobedient he is ...

he does not give me nearly the amount of attention i require of him ...

so i was wondering ... is there a such thing as an "Obedient Man."

:heart:

Destee

2. Nisa

Nisa Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +31
    :lol: *grabs popcorn and raisenettes* *waits* :lol:

3. BioRhythm

BioRhythm Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2
    sister.....

What do you mean by obedient?

4. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,677
    to do what i say when i say it ... or as soon as possible thereafter

Destee

5. Sun Ship

Sun Ship Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +39
    ...is this personal, business, sexual, platonic or web related or what???

....I'm baffled.....???????????? :confused:

What you want the brother to do...????

6. BioRhythm

BioRhythm Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2
    But that would mean you being in total control.... so i would like to ask do you refer to women being the head of the household?

7. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,677
    :lol: Brother Sun Ship ... why am i laff'n ??!!! ... :)

i want him to come into chat and talk to me

i want to know how he's doing

i want to see more of him regularly ... like days gone by

i want to hear his voice again

i want to hear him sing again

i want a lotta stuff ...

i want him to tell me that he loves me more often ...

is this personal, business, sexual, platonic or web related or what???

i'd have to say, all of the above ...

because my friendship with Brother Aqil is so long, and so solid, that we've had the pleasure of enjoying each other's company and conversation on all of those levels ... intended or not ... hmmmm ... i was thinking about adding him to my "crush list" ... but he's so difficult ... he probably wouldn't see it ... he'd probably say something like ... "Destee ... i aint got no uhauls" ... :lol: ... or something like that ... so, as i was thinking of him ... i thought of this thread ... because he's not obedient ... he does not do what i say, when i say it ... and i got ta think'n in general ... are any men obedient ... and i thought ... this would be a great way to say hi to Brother Aqil ... and well ... what was the question again?! :)

Brother Sun Ship ... are you an obedient man?

Destee

8. Sun Ship

Ratings:
    +39
    First of all, Brother Aqil doesn’t venture out of the spiritual section or health section a lot, and I respect that because the brother is doing a lot powerful teaching around those subjects and probably don’t want to deal with the madness and debauchery going on in the rest of this forum…:lol: and since that is true, he probably hasn't noticed your pleads

But, as far as the Sun Ship being obedient…H_mmmm??…It’s only depending on what a woman wants me to do…if you pull my chain, it better be worth it…:D

9. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,677
    You're right Brother Sun Ship ... he does have his favorite areas, but he browses the other forums too ... and i'm sure the title of this thread will make him click ... and maybe, finally, i can get his attention ... although, to be honest ... i know how to get his attention, and he does respond to my requests ... but gosh ... i guess i just want more of it, without me being the one to come hunt him down and make him give it to me ... ya know? ... though there is no shame in my game ... i can do that too ... but i'm jes' say'n ... *sigh* ... :wink:

I love you Brother Aqil !!!! :love:

This topic is a sincere one though ... and it isn't just Brother Aqil ... but it seems to be a man thang.

Men are not going to be obedient ... maybe, perhaps ... if you are their Mother.

But other than that ... you might betta check on which way the wind is blow'n !

Even my son, who is gosh ... 27 now ... resists obedience ... but when he was a child, he was very obedient. Don't get me wrong, he's still obedient to me now, but it's almost only 'cause i'm his Momma! :)

It's almost like a magnificent difference i'm just seeing regarding the differences between Sisters and Brothers.

There is like some innate force present in Black men, that steels them.

Some words that are synonymous with obedient are ... acquiescent, biddable, compliant, conformable.

I'm not suggesting that this is a bad thing. Actually i love it. I'm just making mention of my newfound respect for it, or the revealing of it to me.

Is there something in yall ... that makes you resist compliance ... and where does it come from, and can i get 3 boxes please?! :)

Destee

10. Sun Ship

Ratings:
    +39
    This is interesting….one is the fact, the more disobedient and avoidant a man is, the more a woman wants to chase him and want to make him comply to her wishes…Now, I’m not trying to imply anything, but…this is a pathology that make many Black women pass up good and righteous brothers that are a little more compliant than others…and I’m not necessarily using brother Aqil's “so-called” disobedience to your particular request to prove my point, because usually it’s not a brother of Brother Aqil’s caliber that makes sisters go out of their way or try to make comply or reform…get my drift???