Black People Politics : Obama's early years

Discussion in 'Black People Politics' started by dunwiddat, Nov 8, 2012.

1. dunwiddat

dunwiddat Well-Known Member MEMBER

Barbados
    Ratings:
    +1,503
    The life of President Obama is an interesting one. His mother was a white woman from Kansas, and his father was Kenyan. His grandparents on his mother's side DECIDED to keep him INSTEAD of giving him up for adoption. Remember this was in 1961 when black folks in America were still sitting at the back of the bus. (This same year, free secondary education was given to all children here in Barbados) I am sure many white folks would have looked down on his grandparents for keeping this half-white child. His grandparents showed love to him...and that is important. This is the kind of love that black mothers and fathers and grandparents need to have for their children/grandchildren.

His grandparents were determined that he would have the best education. I am sure they were by no means poor. What is important that Obama felt love and was in a secure home environment. There was no father figure in his life.
    • What if he had found himself in a drug hole and blamed others arguing that his father left him with his mother...he could have done that.
    • What if he had made the statement that there is racism, so I won't go to Harvard.
    • What if he had been disobedient to his grandparents and skipped school
    As a young man, Obama could have followed the crowd, and do his own thing...He made a choice to be somebody. What this shows to me as I look at his early life, is that everything in our life does not have to be perfect. Some children grow up with both parents and this is the ideal thing BUT things happen that we do not have any control over. The president is a husband now and a father and he is making sure that what he lacked as a young boy he will give to his children. THIS IS SOMETHING THAT AS BLACK FOLKS WE CAN TRY TO EMULATE

Too many blacks are looking for excuses for not achieving. They are griping and complaining about what the President is or is not doing. What are we doing in our own neck of the woods to help those who do not have a stable family life. We do not have to wait for the government to enact legislation to do this or that. In our own small way we can help the less fortunate.
    The President's life, one of determination and discipline is something that all black folks can emulate. The problems of the USA started long before Obama and will continue long after he has gone.

I too would hope that he begins to see the needs of black people, but just sitting on the sidelines and complaining will not help. Blacks in the USA are bright and intelligent. We all do not have to become employees, we can own our own businesses and employ other black people. The time for looking back, harping and complaining is over.

2. info-moetry

info-moetry STAFF STAFF

United States
    A+ technician
    Ratings:
    +6,486
    gee, look what i found. Another thread complaining about black people complaining about obama...:10500:

3. dunwiddat

dunwiddat Well-Known Member MEMBER

Barbados
    Ratings:
    +1,503
    Info-moetry what kind of work are you involved in. What have you done in your lifetime to help black folks.. Talk is cheap..BUT it takes money to buy whiskey:lol::lol:

4. info-moetry

info-moetry STAFF STAFF

United States
    A+ technician
    Ratings:
    +6,486
    And just what TALK are you referring too? You know every once in a while you sound american, especially when a post of yours is questioned.

What has Obama done for black people, i would think should be answered by his supporters first before you try to question anyone else. Don't ya think?

Just tryin' to keep you on the topic OF YOUR THREAD so you don't get accused of making your post's personal

You Obama-ites keep having trouble with that... :wink:

5. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,079
    Quick question dunwiddat, are you saying that black folk don't emulate the values of the President?