Black People Politics : Obama: Women made civil rights movement happen

Clyde C Coger Jr

PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
www.amazon.com
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
In the Spirit of Giving Credit,

Savor this moment Framily, it'll be awhile before we see another Black family in the White House :facepalm:

Obama: Women made civil rights movement happen

WASHINGTON (AP) — To President Barack Obama, women of the civil rights movement were "the thinkers and the doers" whose toil and sacrifice benefited everyone in the country.

Obama said black women were the "foot soldiers" who did the behind-the-scenes work of strategizing boycotts and organizing marches while others received the credit ...

http://news.yahoo.com/obama-women-made-civil-rights-movement-happen-085745076--politics.html

c1f6def25407832a820f6a706700b8f6.jpg

President Barack Obama and first lady Michelle Obama arrive at the Congressional Black Caucus Foundation’s 45th Annual Legislative Conference Phoenix Awards Dinner at the Walter E. Washington Convention Center in Washington, Saturday, Sept. 19, 2015, where the president spoke about the challenges facing black women, particularly in the areas of education, employment and criminal justice. ( AP Photo/Jose Luis Magana)

In the Spirit of Giving Credit,

Savor this moment Framily, it'll be awhile before we see another Black family in the White House :facepalm:

Obama: Women made civil rights movement happen

WASHINGTON (AP) — To President Barack Obama, women of the civil rights movement were "the thinkers and the doers" whose toil and sacrifice benefited everyone in the country.

Obama said black women were the "foot soldiers" who did the behind-the-scenes work of strategizing boycotts and organizing marches while others received the credit ...

http://news.yahoo.com/obama-women-made-civil-rights-movement-happen-085745076--politics.html

c1f6def25407832a820f6a706700b8f6.jpg

President Barack Obama and first lady Michelle Obama arrive at the Congressional Black Caucus Foundation’s 45th Annual Legislative Conference Phoenix Awards Dinner at the Walter E. Washington Convention Center in Washington, Saturday, Sept. 19, 2015, where the president spoke about the challenges facing black women, particularly in the areas of education, employment and criminal justice. ( AP Photo/Jose Luis Magana)

Hmmm.. There are always two ways to look at a story. IDK about the experience of others, but this is how it was in my home.

My Dad had a very important career. He worked long, hard, hours, but he was committed to the cause. He read every significant book relevant to the movement of the 60's. And, he discussed it over dinner with our family. My Mother was a SAHM. She represented our family by marching on Washington, participating in NAACP events, etc. Dad would have participated if he could have. His heart was there. But, someone had to pay the bills.

Happiness is intrinsic, it's an internal thing. When you build it into yourself, no external circumstances can take it away.-Leo Buscaglia

DUH

They are the backbone of all organizations and churches in the black community

Hmmm.. There are always two ways to look at a story. IDK about the experience of others, but this is how it was in my home.

My Dad had a very important career. He worked long, hard, hours, but he was committed to the cause. He read every significant book relevant to the movement of the 60's. And, he discussed it over dinner with our family. My Mother was a SAHM. She represented our family by marching on Washington, participating in NAACP events, etc. Dad would have participated if he could have. His heart was there. But, someone had to pay the bills.

Happiness is intrinsic, it's an internal thing. When you build it into yourself, no external circumstances can take it away.-Leo Buscaglia

Thanks for sharing your personal account. And I'm sure this was the situation in most cases. We must be careful however, and this goes for the president as well, to not cause division in the ranks by giving women credit over their men, or vice versa, when it comes to the Black movement.

We are already divided enough as a people. For instance, any time we differ largely on the issue of deserved Reparations, its bad.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back