Black People Politics : OBAMA WINS Pt II

Not really. Look at the primaries. Obama lost to Clinton by only about 100,000 votes and won the Caucus. Counties such as Collin and Denton which are typically conservative were won by Obama. Biden is a Catholic. This should help Obama's ticket with those Latino/Hispanic voters. It would be pointless for them NOT to vote. Texas is one state which could make a huge difference in this.

I see what you're saying, but Texas is a red state, lol. He won those primaries, but now the stage is different, because he's going up against a conservative.....

Nice post Kemestry. My mother felt the same way as she sat and watched Obama speak last night. Earlier in the day she even made me feel a little guilty about not caring to watch the speech (although I did end up watching it). I don't know maybe it's the generational thing, but I'd by lying to you and myself if I said, that I got goose bumps watching Obama speak last night. He is indeed a brother, but I still can't get over the fact that he doesn't really speak for the black community (which I don't hold against him, because of the position/system he's in). Sitting watching the speech last night just made me realize that no matter what position we make it in within a system controlled by white people, we still have to bend over to appease them somewhat. I'm still undecided on if I do vote of who I will actually vote for. McCain is definitely out of the question for numerous reasons (blood thirsty, racist, seems to be talking about nothing on his campaign trail, he's republican, etc.). So that leaves me with Obama or McKinney. Now if I vote McKinney, I would be casting my vote for someone who I do agree with on a lot of issues. Many of us forget that we have 2 black folks on the ticket, with one being a black female who speaks specifically for us! What she stands for is the "real" African American dream fulfilled, because she's running for a political office and speaking her mind! With that being said, I realize that McKinney has no realistic chance of winning, and by me voting for her would mean a would be Obama vote would be down the toilet.............which helps out McCain. So then there's Obama.....While his talk is good, I still question on whether or not he'll be different from any other democratic president in the past. He has a lot of experience with grass roots organizing, but this is the Presidential office we're talking about, which is influence a lot by big businesses, foreign interests, etc. His speech sounded good last night, but the entire time I kept saying to myself...."this no different from the normal democratic rhetoric that I heard from Clinton." Obama would be "change", because of the current horrendous administration in office, but how much "change" can one man exactly bring to the table???? Oh well I still have a lil while to decide.................

It shouldnt be generational. You have already said you realize what changes he had to go thru to get and stay there. So deep down, you know where we are in this country. Realize that he and we are now in rarified air. Realize that NO brother has gone where he is before. Realize the pressure he is under and that he has handled it with grace and character. That should give you all the goosebumps you can handle

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back