Black People Politics : OBAMA WINS Pt II

Discussion in 'Black People Politics' started by Kemetstry, Aug 28, 2008.

1. Kemetstry

Kemetstry going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Chemist
    Ratings:
    +6,135
    I was born and bred during the heart of the Civil Rights Movement. I marched with King as a child. ( My mom, gradmother and great grandmother apparently couldnt find a sitter. Or they felt I should be there for history's sake ) I know 'Jim Crow', up close and real personal. I remember a time when registering to vote, speaking out, standing up for your rights was either a death or a jail sentence. I know aparthied was modeled after 'Jim Crow'. I heard the stories that my ancestors told. How cruel whites were/are. I went to panther meetings in my hometown. I remember when the entire community did something for the cause. Cause if we did, no one would get a shot. I remember my teacher, in the 4th grade, almost laughing in my face when asked what we wanted to be when we grew up? And I was the only one that said, " After I go to college, I was going to be a Biochemist." I remember the janitor that witnessed it all, telling me never give up on my dreams, after class. I remember the neighborhood celebrating as I was the 1st one from the community to go to college. I remember being told I wasnt going to get any special favors because I was an "affirmative action hire" I remember finding out later, that the person that told me that, didnt have a degree and I did.

None of that matters now. Because tonight, I will sit in my chair and watch a black man, give his acceptance speech. And accept his party's nomination to represent them and us, in a run for the leader of the United States!

Last edited: Mar 27, 2014
  2. Omowale Jabali

Omowale Jabali The Cosmic Journeyman PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585

Peace!

3. yohance

yohance Banned

Ratings:
    +2
    I'm excited for Barack Obama and the African American legacy coming full center. Although there is much work to still be done, tonight and this week was a defining moment in the history of this nation and the world.

4. anAfrican

anAfrican Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    The Meek !Shall! Inherit the Earth.
    Ratings:
    +745
  5. yohance

yohance Banned

Ratings:
    +2
    Yes indeed. McCain throws a monkey wrench that many of us were not expecting. He chooses a white woman as his VP.

I just wonder how loyal not only white women, but white people are going to be for Obama, considering that now they have a white man and woman on the republican ticket.

:qqb013:

6. DARKSIDE MAGICK

DARKSIDE MAGICK Well-Known Member MEMBER

SORCERER
    Ratings:
    +674
    CHAOS

IT COMING DOWN TO FLORIDA AGAIN. IF U LOOK AT THE ELECTORAL COLLEGE AND THE 3 MAJOR SWING STATES(OHIO,PENN AND FLORIDA) OHIO WILL GO MCCAIN BECAUSE OF THE MAJOR REPUBLICAN INFLUENCE IN THE STATES EVEN THOUGH IT HAS 3 MAJOR URBAN AREAS. PENN WILL GO TO OBAMA DUE TO BIDEN PENN ROOTS(ONE OF THE MAJOR REASON HE GOT PICKED) IT ALL COMES DOWN TO FLORIDA 27 ELECTORAL VOTES AGAIN.

7. yohance

yohance Banned

Ratings:
    +2
    I guess that means like in 2000, and in 2004, they may try to keep Blacks from voting again. That's really gonna suck.

8. mazimtaim

mazimtaim Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +50
    Actually Darkside, that would be incorrect. The Obama campaign, though running even in Florida, really believes they will eventually lose. The battlegrounds for Obama? Pennsylvania, Minnesota, Michigan, Wisconsin, Nevada, New Hampshire, and Colorado

If McCain loses Florida, it is over. Period.

Obama 278 McCain 247. . .even with Florida. So yes everyone, Obama is still leading. McCain has to close.

[​IMG]

9. DARKSIDE MAGICK

DARKSIDE MAGICK Well-Known Member MEMBER

SORCERER
    Ratings:
    +674
    CHAOS

ON THE MAP U HAVE , THOSE STATES ARE KEY BUT THEY TOO CLOSE TO CALL SO IT LOOK LIKE ON THE MAP IT WAS AUTOMATICALLY WAS GIVEN TO OBAMA,

http://www.270towin.com/

10. mazimtaim

mazimtaim Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +50