Black People Politics : obama vs hecklers in st pete

Discussion in 'Black People Politics' started by jamesfrmphilly, Aug 4, 2008.

1. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,730
  2. emanuel goodman

emanuel goodman Well-Known Member MEMBER

social worker
    Ratings:
    +759
    wow

Where is the compasion for those young black males james. Are they not correct in thier assessment. Where was the love and understanding for the pain in the brothers voice. Was it not real. U calling the hecklers just like the white folks that snatched the sign away. I was counting on you to see that for what it was. But u calling them hecklers just like the racist whom commented on the message board! I know i know he better than the average white guy running I know! He showed the white people he has no problem telling young black men to sit down and shut up! my heart is sad but hey we used to taking what we could get so what should be different now. he aint gonna do nothing for us but at least he looks like us. The state of our people scares the hell out of me for my children:em2400:

3. Knowledge Seed

Knowledge Seed Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +551
    They were rude, but he handled the situation quite well. They were right in their questioning, but they went about it the wrong way. They made themselves look stupid and now white people are going to say thats how all black people act. Not that they don't already say these things, but its just another excuse to do so.

4. emanuel goodman

social worker
    Ratings:
    +759
    What about a ralley against the war knowledge seed! they are never polite! Who cares about what they think about us. Those people are hurting and mister man has been leaving us out all over the country in his speeches. He was just not ready for our people to comfront him in the same manner! If it was a white man talking would it have still be rude? or us finally standing up to some bull crap? The sign said" WHAT ABOUT THE BLACK COMMUNITY?" i AM MISSING SOMETHING. tHAT WAS HIS CHANCE TO SHOW SOME NONE SCRIPTED COMPASION OH WAIT HE AINT GOT ANY DO HE.

5. Knowledge Seed

Knowledge Seed Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +551
    Why are we depending on Obama for anything? He nor any other presidential candidate(whether they be democrat or republican) is going to do anything for us. Therefore the only reason to vote for him is because he is Black. How is he going to endorse the Black community in a room full of racist whites? He'd lose of of his votes over night! Stop waiting on Obama(or anybody else) to do something for us. Learn to do for SELF!

6. jamesfrmphilly

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,730
    that is a hard concept for a lot of people.....

negativity, pessimism, depression can be like a drug. some people prefer it.
    the devil you know vs the devil you don't know, you know?

to take a positive attitude in the face of an apparent sea of adversity is a hard thing for some.
    i come from a generation that faced far more serious threats than the current state of affairs.
    faced with real serious oppression and segregation from the white power system my generation maned up.
    we fought. we battled. we won some victories. we lost some warriors. we changed the system.

we did not sit around and moan all day.

now we have the most privileged generation of negroes in the history of the republic. and all they do is cry.
    whine, moan, cry, complain. it's getting to the point that i can no longer relate.
    for god's sake will somebody man up!

do for self. please.

peace.

7. emanuel goodman

social worker
    Ratings:
    +759

8. emanuel goodman

social worker
    Ratings:
    +759

Some body used to listen to u complain about your state of living. I can dig up countless his storical rallies and speeches about the state of blk flk in this country. I guess since he black in appearance he has done enough already. Save all the hard questions for white people. :great: That is an intelligent mind set if i ever saw one. now somebody got to man up. This selective justice by blk folk is incredible. lable me what u want and others and continue to play this game and settle for the postion u want and deserve every time last. U guys think just like the white people in the ralley. Our postion deserves no air time. Lets get back to change. Cuz the white people dumb and cant tell that he is trickin them. Let him say what he got to say to get in. once he gets in we gone be straight. Let me get this straight we are appaluding a black man whom has denied to address the state of blk people. Like he said vote for somebody else. I will just take him up on that. Hotep

9. Khasm13

Khasm13 STAFF STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +4,472
    brothers in the st. pete/tampa area have it bad...
    i was down there for a year and could not get a job because of my locs...
    nevermind my credentials...so i feel their pain to a tee...it's racist country down there
    but they were rude...

brother emanuel made a valid point...why should we care about what they think of us...in a lot of regards i never did and still don't...my opinion of self remains supreme...
    but in the regard of getting obama in office like jackie robinson got into baseball...we do have to be mindful of others opinions...

i know there are some people on this board that do not see the value of a black president that is in league with some of the "old" power structures...i do...

one love
    khasm

10. jamesfrmphilly

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,730
    you do that, please.