Black People Politics : Obama to Bypass Congress and Give Workers Better Pay

Discussion in 'Black People Politics' started by Clyde C Coger Jr, Mar 12, 2014.

1. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,079
    In the Spirit of Politics,

Obama to Bypass Congress and Give Workers Better Pay

[​IMG]

Back in January, President Barack Obama spoke to Congress in the State of the Union Address with rhetoric akin to an ultimatum; do these things, or I will do them on my end the best I can, and ask others to skip over you. “I intend to lead by example,” said Obama. “In the coming weeks, I will issue an Executive Order requiring federal contractors to pay their federally-funded employees a fair wage of at least $10.10 an hour.” He encouraged state government and legislators to do the same, not to wait for Congress, and added that, “Congress needs to get on board.” In February, Obama followed through on his original promise when it came to a minimum wage increase for federal contract workers, issuing an executive order to establish a “minimum wage for Federal contractors and subcontractors … [at] $10.10 per hour beginning January 1, 2015.” There was also a clause for tipped workers wages, which would be given at least $4.90 an hour on the same schedule.

http://wallstcheatsheet.com/politic...ress-and-give-workers-better-pay.html/?ref=YF