Black People Politics : OBAMA: THE SUM OF ALL FEARS.

Discussion in 'Black People Politics' started by Metaverse, Nov 5, 2008.

1. Metaverse

Metaverse Well-Known Member MEMBER

Media Designer
    Ratings:
    +424
    [​IMG]
    CRIES OF CELEBRATION. TEARS OF REVOLUTION.

To see the tears of joy streaming down from the faces of some of yesterday's hardest and most dedicated Black revolutionaries is an amazement within itself. "It's like an O.J. verdict times 100" someone said. Black folks screaming in the streets, rejoicing in every pub, club and corner alley. Homeless people came out to vote in unprecedented numbers. They also hope for a positive shift in direction for America. In the backdrop, some Whites are seeing a bigger picture, both positive and negative.

White Evangelicals have labeled Obama "the Anti-Christ" and will continue to treat him as such. The Klan is also hoping a Black President would help "White America" see the light. It's possible the White America they are fighting for no longer exists, but the philosophies of a racist empire lays dormant within newer mediums of control. Some Whites will say, now they have no reason to beg us for anything else.

They have no longer a reason to blame America for racism and it's historic and current systems of injustice against non-Whites.

But for the sake of being Human, Black- African and proud, we have to celebrate these moments- beit for different reasons. I celebrate for the youth and the genius within all Black minds. That perhaps such events would lead us to the creation of our own sovereign Government that decides, judges and understands the complexities of Black life.

I celebrate for the healing factor these moments of inspiration will bring. I celebrate for Black Men that can translate these moments into situations of power for ourselves. I celebrate for the entire Black family, perhaps it's time for us to invest more of power of "concentrate" into collective agendas that bring us together instead of ideals that divide us.

With all that being said. Obama is not the Savior or Messiah of the Black world. But we are a "Messianic collective" we are all part of the bringing about of some type of destiny and prophecy. The prophecy of our Ancestors, that says a time of African Governance will return to this planet. But let us never confuse "symbolism" with actual work. What has happened here is only symbolism, what we want to happen next will take actual work.

Individual Presidents have never ran, controlled or decided the fate of America, just as the Kings and Queens of Africa were used as cosmetic figures to inspire and motivate the people. The real work of changing America has always been the burden of those that compose America. Pay attention to those who whisper into the ears of the so-called powerful. Those are your real leaders.

Now I'm certain the White house will start getting all types of calls about personal and social problems going on in Black America. We've been disenfranchised for so long that is natural. Surely President Obama expects that. For those of you that love him as a Brother and as a Father and see his presidency as a positive step in the right direction for the world, America and Black America- you would be wise to use your voice and energy to cry out for his protection. Because the Assassination of such a figure would surely spark a civil war on American soil. And make no mistake about it, they are prepared for it.

[​IMG]

For those of you that see the negatives within this event. What is the sum of all fears? Is Obama the doomsday president of 2012? Does this event confirm that "they" are certain the world is at it's end?

2. Da Street So'ja

Da Street So'ja Banned MEMBER

thrivin' spiritually/physically/emotionally/financ
    Ratings:
    +42
    the raft has gone over the falls
    it's a new game now
    this is inclusive it's global

i like how the word "assassination" has a capital "A".

civil war?

how about WW3

3. Metaverse

Media Designer
    Ratings:
    +424
    Bro. Da Street So'ja- for me personally...your avatar sums it up. Now really that's the "t-shirt" allot of us should be wearing. Those degrees of self care should be part of every black curriculum for 2009 and beyond...because we'll need it. And definitely WW3 would be the result in the case of an "Assassination" - which can now be capitalized because some of us felt he was not an important enough figure to even suggest such. Now as the 44th President of the we can use that term, even though it is not something to be wished upon any Black Man- regardless of how we disagree about his position in "American History."

4. Da Street So'ja

Ratings:
    +42
    44th President

4+4=8
    8=infiinity

this will be very interesting

thanking
    god for a front row seat to this

yes of course

yes i'm glad i chose this avatar, you know Destee avatars are mystical
    try it put what you want up there (it should be in reason of course)
    and watch what happens

trust me
    i put the terminator up there and felt hell
    put a jail icon and got locked up
    put a money icon and well...............no i'm not rich but......................
    and now this

and you of all people understand energy
    and intelligent energy so to speak

no retreat for me

5. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    I bow to the grace of obama empowerment and change that's yet ahead
    thankz for sharing this as i soak it all up ..

6. Metaverse

Media Designer
    Ratings:
    +424
    Now speaking of avatars..symbols..logos. Don't get me wrong, being a media creator myself I understand the power of symbols and symbolism. McCain used the pentagram as his logo and so did Kerry.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Obama's logo is also similar to the logo for "Live Earth" which represents S.O.S.

[Obama the Only Presidential Candidate to Promote Live Earth Concert]

On the campaign website, Sen. Obama wrote, " The organizers of Live Earth should be proud of their achievement. 7.7.07 is likely to be one of the most significant days of action in the campaign against global climate change. It could not come at a more important time. Our dependence on fuels such as oil and coal is jeopardizing our planet, setting off a chain of dangerous weather patterns that could condemn future generations to global catastrophe," he went further, " We can do better. As president, I will move to limit the causes of global warming by requiring that all transportation fuels sold in the U.S. contain 10 percent less carbon by 2020."

http://liveearth.org/

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

He also made sure to incorporate the flag into the design, GW did this also. So Folks are now asking who are these "mysterious people" that funded the Obama's campaign. I myself believe in the "Green Party" that Obama and Biden supports. And I'm sure with "new energy for America" campaign that liveearth along with Al Gore and others are supporting under the banner of "global warming" there will be a major shift in power/control within the energy sector.

Enjoy the low gas prices while you can.

7. Da Street So'ja

Ratings:
    +42
    well i'll stick

with mine
    i'll be fine

:11900:

8. Metaverse

Media Designer
    Ratings:
    +424
    What to expect now that we have a Black President.

[​IMG]

1. Expect that more Whites will attempt to engage you in conversation publicly. Using terms "how is your baby momma/daddy doing?" Because now we're just one big happy American family.

2. Expect the boom of more interracial relationships. Get used to seeing Ebony with Ivory as they attempt to bring forth a new breed of "Presidential" candidates.

3. Expect at least 4 years of Black history Month and Mahogany themed movies on Television.

4. Expect that conservative White Americans, KKK/Skin Heads, White Evangelicals and outright White Racists to host their own "Jena 6" style events all over America and within the financial sectors.

5. Expect that even those who would never create an altar for their Ancestors will create one for Obama. Shrines of t-shirts, buttons, newspaper clippings, mugs, pens, flags, money clips. Exposing a truth of kemetic tradition when we built statues of worship for our Pharaohs.

6. Expect the slow but eventual death of the term "Black America" within the media. Hello. You're just an American now. Jesse Jackson by himself introduced the term "African American" and he wasn't even President.

7. Expect that unlike other Black Leaders and so-called Black Leaders, when President Obama speaks for Black people- he is literally speaking FOR Black people. Everything he decides for Black America beit for the benefit of Whites will be written in stone....and oh, they can't wait for him to start talking.

8. Expect an unofficial "Black President's Day."

9. Expect White people to throw up the fact that we have a Black President for every time someone tries to play the "race card." IE- "So what if there's a noose hanging from the back of my truck, we have a Black President."

10. Expect "Business as usual" within America's borders.

[​IMG]
    Expect "Marlboros" to become the number one brand of cigarettes in the world?

9. Da Street So'ja

Ratings:
    +42
    yes

the illusion that the melting pot has melted

it wouldn't be any other way

the last tier of assimilation has toppled

10. lite16

lite16 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Self-employed
    Ratings:
    +3
    more than meets the eye

Metasaience said:
    Exactly. I am one of those people who can't stop crying about this event. It's my moment in history that I have witnessed. The other only life-changing event I witnessed is 9/11 so I am happy that I can celebrate with millions of others about something happy. I agree with you Metasaience about this

Now I know there is much symbolism associated with Obama's election and presidency however,
    the visual image of a black man succeeding to the highest office in our nation (i use "our" though i know some people may not consider the US their nation)
    can inspire thoughts and ideas in the minds of our gifted youth. Sometimes if we can just see ourselves doing extraordinary things, we will actually make that come into physical manifestation. I think that is the most significant and immediate change that has happened after this election to black youth, our future.
    then perhaps this could