Black People Politics : Obama Tells Africa; Stop Blaming Colonialism For their Problems

Barack Obama tells Africa to stop blaming colonialism for problems

President Barack Obama has told African leaders it is time to stop blaming colonialism and "Western oppression" for the continent's manifold problems.

Barack-Obama_1439570c.jpg

"I think part of what's hampered advancement in Africa is that for many years we've made excuses about corruption or poor governance, that this was somehow the consequence of neo-colonialism, or the West has been oppressive, or racism – I'm not a big – I'm not a believer in excuses.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...to-stop-blaming-colonialism-for-problems.html

So much for just giving lip service to King Junior's take, i. e., 'judge a (person) not on basis of their skin color (or shade), but on the basis of the content of their character...'

Instead, folks on these forums, blame everything on his birth mother being white, etc.

And, what might that reveal, i.e., about your deed seated feelings/thoughts/etc. of racial inferiority, too?

Instead: No telling what led him to make such an outrageous claim, but one easily dismissed by us, if he was white!

As the ole saying goes:

"Pride goeth before a fall!"

Instead:

We here are also our relations role models...

Etc.

FYI...

Some continental Africans' perspective on Amin:

An excerpt from

Uganda: Idi Amin, Islam and Muslims in Uganda
By Omar Kalinge-Nnyago, 17 April 2013

April 11, marked 34 years ever since Amin was overthrown in 1979. Therefore, as we mark the 34th anniversary of the overthrow of Idi Amin this month, we remember the blood of innocent Muslims that was spilled for no other reason, but that they had supported Idi Amin. We pray and hope that such incidents never occur again in our life as a nation. When a section of people is killed or displaced for belonging to the religion or tribe of a deposed leader.
But they thank Allah, their God, for one man - Idi Amin Dada. It was during the eight years of Amin's rule 1971-79 that the Muslims as a community made their lasting achievements. For the first time Muslims had come nearer to the corridors of power, finance and education. Although Muslims did not, in any way, participate in bringing Idi Amin into power (as he had done so through a classic military coup), Muslims not only in Uganda but elsewhere provided critical support to Amin. For doing so, they were later to pay a price when Idi Amin was overthrown on April 11, 1979. In reprisal killings, hundreds of Muslims were massacred especially in Kampala, Bombo, West Nile and Westen Uganda. The lucky ones escaped into exile, mainly in Congo (then called Zaire), the Sudan and Kenya. The Kakwa (Amin's tribe) and Nubians, a purely Muslim cultural group, were without doubt, the most affected.

http://allafrica.com/stories/201304180193.html

Both posts can be explained in this first paragraph right here:

April 11, marked 34 years ever since Amin was overthrown in 1979. Therefore, as we mark the 34th anniversary of the overthrow of Idi Amin this month, we remember the blood of innocent Muslims that was spilled for no other reason, but that they had supported Idi Amin. We pray and hope that such incidents never occur again in our life as a nation. When a section of people is killed or displaced for belonging to the religion or tribe of a deposed leader.

This article is about religion and speaks nothing about his brutal behavior, so you have bias throughout the article.

Now it's time to put your head to bed.

State of Blood: The Inside Story of Idi Amin

State of Blood: The Inside Story of Idi Amin by Henry Kyemba

Kyemba recounts Amin’s direct role in the executions of any and all perceived political enemies, including two American journalists investigating a prison massacre; the Ugandan Archbishop and two highly-ranked Ministers; and countless other prominent members of the professional and bureaucratic class. Particularly chilling is how flagrant – even smirking – Amin was in covering up the crimes. His propaganda radio and television machine would broadcast multiple conflicting explanations for the disappearances or “accidental” deaths of particular officials, embellished with self-aggrandizing praise for Amin and thunderous admonishments towards the dead.

Kyemba portrays a sadist with literal bloodlust who orders the brutal beating of his wife and the murder of a wounded elderly woman (the Israeli hostage, Dora Bloch), and mutilates, tampers, and even consumes the corpses of his victims. The grotesque details would be too sensationalistic were Kyemba’s tone not so measured, and his exploration of complex historical, political details not so thorough.

http://horrormoviesetc.blogspot.com/2011/11/state-of-blood-inside-story-of-idi-amin.html

No white slander, or Jew agenda here, but it's his right hand man that is saying this.

So you can save you implications of me believing in what whity says to paint Idi in a bad light.

Peace!

How do you know what I've read to form my opinion?

My bad. You thanked someone for his link so I kinda figured, well, ya know... that you read it. :10500:

Are you saying that he was just the opposite of what is said about him? If so, please so me proof that everything is a lie.
No, you made the accusation. YOU provide the proof that it's true.

Here is another source for you:

Tell me, "is this black enough for ya"?

What in the WORLD are you talking about? :11200:

Wikipedia:SuN024:

Tell me you are not getting your information on a black political figures, or events involving countries in Africa from a white ran media entity? D@am...talk about hypocrisy:11600:
Hey! You were thanking another poster for an article WRITTEN AND PUBLISHED by a "white ran media entity." As such, I simply gave you ANOTHER "white ran media entity" to chew on. So if there's any "hypocrisy" it's on your selective white media-approving self.

I really don't know what point you are trying to make, are you saying that bad and evil whites in the world? Or that Idi was not that bad?
What are you TALKING about??? How do you get I was talking about "bad and evil whites in the world" when I only tagged onto ONE sentence in your post? :huh: Just because you have a problem with the races, don't PROJECT your confusion onto me! You wanna accept everything white people say about black leaders as gospel, that's on you. I was just trying to show you there's a second, AFRICAN opinion out there, as well.... with links! Scheesh!

Of course you could reference more white people who hated Amin because he cared about his people, and did not start hating him until he kicked the Indians out of the country, demonstrating he would not be their puppet any longer, if he ever was. :)

I just killed all of this noise with insight from his right hand man. So how do you explain the truth from a man that knows better than you or I?

My advice is to not even try, just let the truth stand by admitting that some of us a bad and evil.

What needs are those - to hate on any African leader who loves his people? To follow the status quo which tells us what black people blacks are to hate and which ones to love? :10500:

It's not about hate or love, but rather about stating a fact. Idi killed other blacks, end of story. One does not have to hate to acknowledge a fact. Maybe you need to read up on the Liberation war, and how Idi came to power. He didn't do it by asking and saying please.

Why would you think that? What have I EVER written that would make you level such a charge? Other than I view the world through my own BROWN eyes rather than blue ones?

Because of this post below:

Why reference Idi Amin, the ONLY African leader to tell middleclass and wealthy non-blacks that if they wanted to continue to live, work, and live large in Uganda, they would have to take out Ugandan citizenship?

Obviously you objected to my comment. And please, stop with the "sell-out" innuendos, I don't care if your eyes a poka-dot. That Sh@it is old and played out in my book. The moment a black says something against another black that is based on facts, he has to be this, and has be that. So bruh you can just kill dat noise....it don't work on me.

President Barack Obama’s upcoming weeklong trip to Africa will mark his most significant personal investment in the developing region since taking office.

The White House is hoping the return on that investment will be an increased foothold for U.S. businesses on a continent where China and other emerging economies are already major players.

Casting a shadow over Obama’s trip will be the health of former South African President Nelson Mandela, who has been in the hospital for two weeks, though his condition appears to be improving. The White House says it will defer to Mandela’s family for decisions on whether the anti-apartheid leader will be able to meet with Obama.

In addition to South Africa, Obama will also visit Senegal and Tanzania. He is due to depart Washington on Wednesday

Copyright 2013 The Associated Press.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back