Black People Politics : Obama Tells Africa; Stop Blaming Colonialism For their Problems

Discussion in 'Black People Politics' started by Alarm Clock, Jun 18, 2013.

1. Alarm Clock

Alarm Clock Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1,030
    Barack Obama tells Africa to stop blaming colonialism for problems

President Barack Obama has told African leaders it is time to stop blaming colonialism and "Western oppression" for the continent's manifold problems.

[​IMG]

"I think part of what's hampered advancement in Africa is that for many years we've made excuses about corruption or poor governance, that this was somehow the consequence of neo-colonialism, or the West has been oppressive, or racism – I'm not a big – I'm not a believer in excuses.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...to-stop-blaming-colonialism-for-problems.html

2. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,748
    the white man is the problem, the black man must be the solution…..

3. Keita Kenyatta

Keita Kenyatta going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3,383
    This is disgusting to read. Every time I try to give the brother a break he comes out his mouth with some dumb ish! To say what he said is to say that after 500 years of them just having their way that they somehow are supposed to remedy it in 20 or 30 years! This is ludicrous to say the least. Further more, to deny the involvement of the West in their condition is to try and keep us blind to what is really going on. On the other hand, in the work of Chancellor Williams; The Destruction of Black Civilization, he mentions that it was always the mulatto or mixed child that the Asians and Europeans have used against us historically....as well as the fact that it was they who were the first invaders of the continent. So in essence, we once again are repeating history by accepting someone to be what they actually are not...a Black Man!!!

4. MimiBelle

MimiBelle Well-Known Member MEMBER

RN-BSN
    Ratings:
    +426
    he hasnt acted out like this since his first term. frankly...I'm surprised to see obama pandering to whites in a nonelection year. *smirk*

I don't mind the whole 'take responsibility for parts of africa' jazz. I just have a problem with him minimizing everything. it went on and certain world powers still have their hands in the honey pot.

I don't know why he's always waggling his fingers at our group. ... but let some damned illegal hop the border or one of their kids go on about how they cant attend college and he'll march his a..s from the capitol to east LA giving citizenship/benefits/discounted tuition hand over fist.

5. Kadijah

Kadijah Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2,952
    I'm going to leave your last remarks about Obama alone (for now), but I am sooo happy I didn't have to point out that 20-30 year nonsense! Not to mention him acting as if African nations are proceeding WITHOUT outside European influence. That made me sick. Anyone who knows anything about what really went down in Rwanda is prolly getting sick with me right now. **sigh**

Excellent analysis.... especially "every time I try to give the brother a break...." SMH

6. Zim

Zim Well-Known Member MEMBER

United Kingdom
    Ratings:
    +666
    To be fair, he didn't actually deny the involvement of the west. He just stated that in some instances they need to accept blame and take responsibility.

7. Chinelo

Chinelo Third Eye Is Always Open MEMBER

Removing LIES And Spreading The Truth
    Ratings:
    +1,633
    Biggest puppet on earth......This is why the mixed breed has always been dangerous.....But is this really suprising with this half negro? smh

8. Alarm Clock

Alarm Clock Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1,030
    So...now Bob Marley and Malcolm X grandmother are no good either? Where you goin with that mulatto myth? I would trust Bob Marley over Jonas Savimbi, or Mobutu!
    Why does a Black man have to be a puppet to do something wicked? We are not all angels. I see him as someone doing what he feels is hip and gangsta! Look ..if you ever watch the Emperor Jones you will see my point. Papa Doc Duvalier was no ones puppet! Fact, the CIA wanted to get rid of him, cause he kept drug profits for himself!

Obama is just like a few Negro businessmen I know in NY, who have their own companies; seeking profit and power by any means necessary; Obama is looking forward to a lifetime allowance of probably 2 million US per month, as maybe chair of the World Bank, a permanet seat at the Bilderberg, an advisoryship to Chatham House, a councilorship at the Trilateral Commision, and a board membership to The Hudson Intitute; a happy life of Global Imperialist interest; he chose, not was coerceded into!

9. chuck

chuck Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,531
    What's been the sales pitches:

'Vote for me and I'll end those wars Bush Junior blundered the nation thru...'

Now the private sector (once called mercaneries) get contracts to prop up the puppet governments the U. S. assisted in setting up...

'I'll bail out ailing employers etc for the sake of the nation's economy...'

I. e., he did that allegedly to protect 'middle class/working families' right to live the 'American Dream'...

First and foremost, he's a would be reformer of the U. S. capitalist system, whereas even at that he's all style and little substance...

Never mind he's actually bailed out folks who created this area's issues/problems/etc. in the first place?!?

It's as though the crook got away, but blew the loot, and now the government pretends like never happened!

But, this isn't a TV show, and it' all too real...

:10500:

10. chuck

chuck Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,531
    Please no calls on the dozens side, and everywhere (including your neck of the woods) there are progressive people of all skin shades, also reactionary ones...

Tacky, bruh!

:10500: