Black People Politics : Obama Says It’s Time To Move Beyond ‘One Black’ Syndrome...

Aqil said:
Do you have a shepherd, Destee...as it relates to this discussion?

:heart:

No Brother Aqil, i don't think i do. As i ponder which man or woman's call would i respond to, hmmmm ... as it relates to this discussion ... follow them just because they are "my shepherd" ... no, i can't say that i have anyone at this point in my life, that i have that much confidence in.

"Shepherd and sheep" almost implies following blindly, without question, doesn't it?

Prior to my Mother's death, i would certainly have named her ... and if God saw fit to let me hear her voice right now, i would surely hearken unto it ... but i don't think that qualifies, does it?

There are many that i admire. Many that i'd listen intently to, and no doubt consider their words worthy of acting on ... but to give them some sort of "shepherd status" ... no, i can't say i know any living man or woman with that kind of influence in my life.

Does this mean i'm lost?

Destee

First of all, you must understand that sheep are totally defenseless animals...and are a favorite food of wolves. The shepherd feeds and protects his flock, for they cannot defend themselves, and drives the wolf from the sheep's throat. They thank their leader for saving their lives, while the wolf denounces him for denying it a meal. As you can see, the sheep and the wolf do not agree upon a definition of liberty...:)

There is another aphorism from the East that says:

"Without a shepherd, sheep are not flock..."

Secondly, when I asked you if you had a "shepherd," I was referring to a political leader. Are you voting in the general election? If so, who are you voting for?

(This would be a great subject/discussion for voice chat.)

Aqil said:
I have several, Destee. In addition to your state senator, I like Maryland Cong. Elijah Cummings, chairman of the CBC, Cong. Harold Ford of Tennessee, and Cong. Chaka Fatah of Pennsylvania...

Aqil said:
First of all, you must understand that sheep are totally defenseless animals...and are a favorite food of wolves. The shepherd feeds and protects his flock, for they cannot defend themselves, and drives the wolf from the sheep's throat. They thank their leader for saving their lives, while the wolf denounces him for denying it a meal. As you can see, the sheep and the wolf do not agree upon a definition of liberty...

There is another aphorism from the East that says:

"Without a shepherd, sheep are not flock..."

Secondly, when I asked you if you had a "shepherd," I was referring to a political leader. Are you voting in the general election? If so, who are you voting for?

(This would be a great subject/discussion for voice chat.)

Hello My Dear Darling Brother Aqil ... :love:

I quoted your previous comment above, because you didn't list either of the presidential candidates as your shepherd, yet you ask me which am i going to vote for ... as though my presidential vote is indicative of my choice of a "shepherd." I don't understand how who i vote for has anything to do with who my shepherd is?!

I understand the "shepherd / sheep" analogy as it pertains to our spiritual lives, but i don't see how you are bringing it into this discussion, which is why i asked who are your shepherds.

I understand that in a spiritual sense, we are taught that the shepherd leads, guides, and protects us ... but in this real world ... there is no one that i feel totally defenseless against. Nor is there anyone that is feeding, leading, or protecting me daily.

Matter of fact, i don't know of any politicians that are feeding, leading, or protecting Black folk.

Are you suggesting that the folk you mentioned above, are doing these things for you? If they are, then i might need to get in their sheep line.

You never answered my question from before ... does this mean i'm lost?

Destee

Destee said:
You never answered my question from before ... does this mean i'm lost?
If you are a sheep with no shepherd you are...:)

Destee said:
I quoted your previous comment above, because you didn't list either of the presidential candidates as your shepherd, yet you ask me which am i going to vote for ... as though my presidential vote is indicative of my choice of a "shepherd." I don't understand how who i vote for has anything to do with who my shepherd is?!
I am a registered Democrat, and my choice for president is Sen. John Kerry...my political "shepherd," so to speak...

Destee said:
Are you suggesting that the folk you mentioned above, are doing these things for you? If they are, then i might need to get in their sheep line.
No, they're not from NY...your state senator, and soon-to-be U.S. Senator Barack Obama, (D-Ilinois) - is the man! He's going to continue being a good shepherd for the people of your state...:)

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back