Black People Politics : Obama pledges recognition of Armenian genocide

Discussion in 'Black People Politics' started by Mad Skillz, Nov 20, 2008.

1. Mad Skillz

Mad Skillz Well-Known Member MEMBER

Real Estate
    Ratings:
    +251
    See what I'm talking about. I guess the Armenian issue was so imperative, Obama had to address it right away. I can only wonder when Obama will pledge recognition of the African American genocide....NEVER! Wake up people.

--------------------------------------

US Presidential candidate Barack Obama has pledged to officially recognize the controversial World War I-era killings of Anatolian Armenians as genocide if he becomes president, while also urging US lawmakers to adopt a pending resolution for recognition of the allegations on the controversial issue.
    A written statement penned by Obama and sent to an influential Armenian diaspora organization was made public by the group on Monday. While announcing Obama's statement, the Washington based-Armenian National Committee of America (ANCA) expressed pleasure over the statement, titled "The Importance of US-Armenia Relations" and dated Jan. 19.

Obama wrote that he had a "firmly held conviction that the Armenian Genocide is not an allegation, a personal opinion, or a point of view, but rather a widely documented fact supported by an overwhelming body of historical evidence."

Link: http://www.todayszaman.com/tz-web/detaylar.do?load=detay&link=132191

continued...

2. Zulile

Zulile Well-Known Member MEMBER

HR/Finance
    Ratings:
    +103
    The only folks sleeping are those who continue to think Obama is a leader of Black people. He isnt. He is a Black man heading up a wide variety of people. If there was anyone else in the president's box, this wouldnt be an issue. In fact, we'd probably not even concern ourselves with it.

3. oldiesman

oldiesman Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +120
    maybe when he takes the oath of office he should wear a dishiki and wave the red-black-green...black folks what are we looking for?geez!

4. Mad Skillz

Mad Skillz Well-Known Member MEMBER

Real Estate
    Ratings:
    +251
    Ha ha that was cute. If you haven't' figure out what black folks should look for then maybe you shouldn't ask. But I'll tell you anyway, equal representation. If Obama can take time out to address the Armenian community which compromises less that one percent of the total U.S. population then he darn well can address more PERTINENT issues in the African American community. I could go down the laundry list of promises Obama has made to other races but what's the point. You get the idea, or at least you should.

Like I said many threads ago, black people don't have anything because we don't demand anything. We never hold politicians accountable for anything and have nobody to blame but ourselves.

Get A grip.

5. oldiesman

oldiesman Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +120
    get a grip,i like that,now listen up if this were bush it would be just more of the same ol same ol,but wait a minute we got a brother in the chair and all our problems are gonna be taken care of first...YOU GET A GRIP.

6. info-moetry

info-moetry STAFF STAFF

United States
    A+ technician
    Ratings:
    +6,486
    Peace

7. Jahari Kavi

Jahari Kavi Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Self Development
    Ratings:
    +523
    I see what you're saying and agree with it, and I think most people on this website are intelligent enough to know the real deal about Obama..........with that being said the general public and especially black folks are expecting some type of real "change" out of this administration. Real talk I have NEVER seen a public love fest for a presidential nominee and president elect then I'm currently seeing for Obama. With Bush it had come to be expected of a screw up to happen, but now people have fell into the trap of thinking "hey we have a black man in office now.....things have got to be different" (which is racist in itself). Whenever I even bring criticisms of Obama up in conversations with black folks, it's like sacred territory that shouldn't be crossed, lol. That's why I think it's important now more than ever to be critical of this cat. At least with Bush we knew what the deal was.............