Black People Politics : Obama orders U.S. troops to help chase down African 'army' leader

Discussion in 'Black People Politics' started by RAPTOR, Oct 15, 2011.

1. RAPTOR

RAPTOR Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +4,096
    Washington (CNN) -- President Barack Obama is sending about 100 U.S. troops to Africa to help hunt down the leaders of the notoriously violent Lord's Resistance Army in and around Uganda.​

"I have authorized a small number of combat-equipped U.S. forces to deploy to central Africa to provide assistance to regional forces that are working toward the removal of Joseph Kony from the battlefield," Obama said in letter sent Friday to House Speaker John Boehner and Daniel Inouye, the president pro tempore of the Senate. Kony is the head of the Lord's Resistance Army.​

U.S. military personnel advising regional forces working to target Kony and other senior leaders will not engage Kony's forces "unless necessary for self-defense," Obama said.​

"I believe that deploying these U.S. armed forces furthers U.S. national security interests and foreign policy and will be a significant contribution toward counter-LRA efforts in central Africa."​

Obama noted that the group "has murdered, raped, and kidnapped tens of thousands of men, women and children in central Africa" and "continues to commit atrocities across the Central African Republic, the Democratic Republic of the Congo and South Sudan that have a disproportionate impact on regional security."​

Read more:​

2. RAPTOR

United States
    Ratings:
    +4,096
    Kony may indeed be a bad dude that needs to be removed due to his alleged role in the atrocities of many
    people in the central african republic, however, does one suspect there's more to it? That something greater is at
    play?

Will those "100 troops" balloon to several 1000 or more, given our
    history. One example comes to mind is the so called 3600, or so
    "ambassadors" that first went to vietnam and how that ballooned
    in, what, 100,000 fully armed ambassadors?

Someone made this point, I thought it a rather interesting perspective:

"Despite all the problems we currently face, for the first time
    in U.S. history, a U.S. President will directly involve this nation
    in the heart of a conflict in Africa. An African American President
    warring in his father's homeland..."

3. SlickBeast

SlickBeast Well-Known Member MEMBER

Australia
    Programmer/Game developer
    Ratings:
    +361
    For once he is giving a rat whisker about Africa. I hope he assassinates every single corrupt African leader as he is at it.

4. Seksen

Seksen Well-Known Member MEMBER

Retired....finally
    Ratings:
    +135
    I find it interesting that with all of the false flag operations that go on continually with our government, that we are still so unsophisticted and lack common sense and wisdom that we will not question any and everything that "our government" tells us. We are too old to 'believe' what ever Washington tells us. I would expect that kind of thinking from small children and not adults. Darn it people, we have been in conflicts, hot spots, undercover assaults, coupes, assasinations, overthrowing legitimate governments, needless wars and anything that you can think of that merits us being retalliated upon as war criminals. Our actions are just as vile and barbaric if not worse than any third world nation that we try and condemn. We even poison our own people while they think in la la land. How many African or Non- white Nations are sending troups around the world to over throw white nations and their governments? No, not one. Yet we are so simple minded and on the mental plantation called Brainwashed, that we think what ever massa does to us no matter if it has been going on for over600 years is "good, proper and necessairy" for people of color. They saw their hold on us slipping so they went into their trick bag and pulled out another trick on us.
    They gave us a 'half black negro to carry out their objective of world domination. And just like they planned it, we jumped on board and refuse to see that he is only a puppet carrying out the will of the white world rulers. In the mean time "we" march in lockstep right behind him. We are so unlearned and unsophisticated that we still think that Democrats and Republicans are enemies and are not working as partners in fleecing the flock (citizens) for the NWO. (These Are Not NWA Wrestlers) We all need to lookup terms like American False Flags, or Lies My Teacher Taught Me, and, Americas Hidden Agenda. I only say these things because I love you and want you to wakeup so that you will thrive to survive and question all information given to you by politicians and the corporate news media. These are propaganda outlets designed to persuade the thinking of the upsophisticated masses, and they are working very well indeed.

5. RAPTOR

United States
    Ratings:
    +4,096
    Do you not suspect an ulterior motive?

When idi amin was wilin' the u.s. did not intervene.

When the junjuweed (sp), along side the sudan govt
    were killing and raping folks of the darfur, the u.s. did
    not intervene.

When the conflict between the hutu were killing the tutsi by the
    thousands (or was it the tutsi killing the hutu), the u.s.
    govt did not intervene.

As an aside, the u.s. invaded grenada (sp), led by general
    collin powell. A black man in charge of leading a force
    against a black country.

Do you not see the irony in all that?

6. Black-king

Black-king Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +720
    It looks the re-invasion of Africa has officially begun, China has been sneaking and establishing themselves there for years now, it seems the US ha finally decided to join in.

7. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,078
    In the Spirit of Sankofa,

.......Before we enter arm chair quarterbacking, as these projected thoughts reflect; lets determine the validity of stopping Kony and his misguided belief that he's sent from God to establish a new kingdom under the ten(10) Commandments in Uganda:

Kony claims he is a prophet sent from God to replace the Ugandan government with a democracy based on the Ten Commandments.

same link: http://www.cnn.com/2011/10/14/world/africa/africa-obama-troops/

Even you say he may be guilty of these heinous acts he's charged with by the ICC no less, and the 34 leaders of Northern Congo, Central Africa Republic and Southern Sudan.

The International Criminal Court has issued arrest warrants against Kony and four other group leaders for crimes against humanity and war crimes. Chief Prosecutor Luis Moreno-Campo said that the "LRA is an involuntary army and the majority of the fighters are formerly abducted children."

Representatives of 34 groups in the LRA-affected areas of northern Congo, Central African Republic, and Southern Sudan wrote Obama in December, applauding his commitment to tackle the problem and urging him to deal with the group, according to Human Rights Watch.

What I would like to see more of would be specifics identifying who these 34 leaders are in more detail, the only thing missing from this report. And if Kony is in fact guilty as charged, then Mr. Obama should be applauded for involving troops under these circumstances.

Here is some of what Kony is charged with:

Obama noted that the group "has murdered, raped, and kidnapped tens of thousands of men, women and children in central Africa" and "continues to commit atrocities across the Central African Republic, the Democratic Republic of the Congo and South Sudan that have a disproportionate impact on regional security."

Peace In,

8. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,078
    In the Spirit of Sankofa,

.......The issues have been framed well Seksen, now, what is the solution to what you describe? How do we educate our masses to this basis of fact?

Peace In,

9. RAPTOR

United States
    Ratings:
    +4,096
    Yes, I did.

I also said does anyone suspect that is more than that?

Barring there are no ulterior motives, as this country's govt track record oft times reflects, then an applause
    would be appropriate.

If one wants to applaud him, regardless, they are free to do so...

10. RAPTOR

United States
    Ratings:
    +4,096
    If the "masses" were reading that question, I'd encourage that they study amerikkka's
    history of regime change and hegemony.

Two books come to mind, though understanding amerikkka's imperial and hegemonic
    background can not be summed up by or limited to these works, I recommend:
    John perkin's "the secret history of american empire" and stephen kinzer's "overthrow:
    america's history of regime change from hawaii to iraq"