Black People Politics : OBAMA meets with chicago Mayor (city Hall)

Discussion in 'Black People Politics' started by $$RICH$$, Aug 18, 2011.

1. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    City to pay $30 million, hire 111 black firefighters by 2012

Those who indicate they are still interested in becoming Chicago firefighters will be entered into a “jobs lottery” to identify 750 candidates who will take a physical abilities test in October and undergo background checks, drug tests and medical exams.
    From that group, the city will select 111 candidates who will enter the fire academy for training by the end of March 2012.
    Would-be firefighters who have moved on to other careers or choose to bypass the jobs lottery for other reasons will receive cash awards of at least $5,000 per person. Chicago taxpayers will also be on the hook for $10 million to $20 million in back pension contributions for those who get jobs. That means the total cost could approach $50 million.
    The Chicago Fire Department’s age limit for new hires is 38, but that will not apply to the 111 black firefighters because the discrimination occurred before the cut-off was established.

Currently 19 percent of Chicago’s 5,000 firefighters and paramedics are African-American. The force is 68 percent white and 11 percent Hispanic.
    “By comparison to the Police Department, African-Americans are dramatically under-represented. There will [now] be 111 additional African-Americans. That’s a very good thing

About time the city see us and know how many blacks was over looked and discriminated against for years starting to payoff
    the mayor act on the notion with full bloom after meeting with Obama and say
    the city will pay an additional $500,000 in back pay for every month the hiring is delayed

full story here below and the lawsuit against the city of chicago
    http://www.suntimes.com/news/cityha...y-30-million-hire-111-black-firefighters.html

2. Enki

Enki The Evolved Amphibian STAFF

United States
    Civil Eng.
    Ratings:
    +5,928
    Thank you for posting this info brutha.

I've seen them train,and it's no joke. You have to be fit. I wonder if any of these bruthas got injured later,and would they still get something. Just a thought.

Peace!

3. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    I'm sure they will be conversated
    with a part of there plan

I like the fact that 6,000 who have been over looked
    and now maybe too old or don't want the job are going
    to gain something here when the city send out them letters
    they will be conversated a small token .........

4. Enki

Enki The Evolved Amphibian STAFF

United States
    Civil Eng.
    Ratings:
    +5,928
    This is my point also, these brithas had to turn away from their dream, and choose something else. Who know what they could have achieved. That's foul

Peace!