Black People Politics : Obama Losing Black Appeal

if you can get and keep black appeal for even a few moments in a life ... you dun did good ... :nails:

black folk aint easy ... :weights:

:heart:

Destee

Not only are we constantly having to play catchup:

Some are less than forgiving etc. when others don't match their pace(s)...

Instead: Each individual has their choice and right to proceed at they confortable with etc...

:SuN020:

Hey, Bro. Clyde. I remember back when I made the decision to register and vote in 2008. It was because of the dems' race, and it had alot to do with me being a woman, me being a Black woman, me being a Black woman living in Arizona, me having watched the career of John McCain, sen. of az--and being DISGUSTED *with all of the praising-kinds of LIES being told on McCain's behalf (GALLED me!)*--and probably the single most important thing that *tipped me* over the line toward voting was a comment that candidate Obama made in regards to the formulation of federal POLICY. He said something to the effect that *the real work* he intended to be judged by would involve the *changes* that he would direct, re: formulated an implemented federal policy.

THAT caught my attention well beyond any of the hype being generated by all of them politicians!

There I was, unable to totally ignore 'politics' for the first time in almost 30 years! I got suckered in--plain and simple. THE PROBLEM (as far as I'm concerned): I AGREED with him! It has always been the direction (development and implementation) of policies hostile to Black people that has hurt our people the most! Never mind the sloganisms, and never mind legislation (which is always riddled with loopholes)--what affects our people far beyond the profit-taking arranged by lobbyists has been the policies developed by think tankers that is 'adopted by the federal gov't' that either focuses down on (in a debilitating way), OR ignores entirely the ongoing, chronic needs of the poor and/or Black people *in particular*. Focuses down on, or blatantly ignores--until *debilitated*. No in between brought into effect.

That candidate Obama *dared* to announce an awareness of the accumulated POWER that resides in 'policy', plus his background as an advocate, well, I bought in.

In general, I thought it *time to vote* again. First truly *viable* woman candidate, first viable Black man candidate--both at the TOP of their ticket, both at the top of *their game*, and both battling to run against that idiot McCain (Az's DO ABSOLUTELY NOTHING FOR AZ 'ever' senator). If all that wasn't enough, there was Az-specific politics that concerned me for the first time. In Az, there had built up the first true power momentum to get ARPAIO 'out' of the sheriff's seat...it was a kind of *perfect storm* opportunity for me from the state AND national levels, so...

At this time, I don't hold Obama's legislative record against him. That would not be reasonable OR fair. Everybody and they grannies KNOWS that his opportunities to work with today's congress doesn't exist. We all know why--his congressional enemies declared what/how they'd do him. Their end-game fell apart (and I'm glad it did). Historically, I'm glad Obama won his second term; however, it's when I think about his POLICIES....

I ask myself how his enemies in congress manage to *stay his hand* in the executive, such that he somehow has inadequate *show and prove* in arenas that, with 'change' available to him, he has not shown jack yet, so...

Policies that were *beneficial* during Obama's first term (so far as I'm aware of): His extended unemployment payments policy was good. NEEDED, *big time*. Still needed, as a matter of fact, but still...I think this regarding that policy, and from a Black perspective. Stepping in to save the auto industry--that was good policy. NEEDED, and urgently. I think this from a Black perspective. The Affordable Care Act (ObamaCare) was legislation, but NEEDED BADLY and from long time ago! My view from a Black perspective, once again. NOTE: Through Holder, Obama's pushing *today* on something regarding *sentencing minimums* that is ABOUT TIME!

GOOD for minority New Yorkers! GOOD for Atty Gen Holder!

Bro. Clyde, that's it (up there). That's all I got (know of, offhand) in regards to policy *change* that I can associate with Pres. Obama's determination to do 'something' that he KNOWS would benefit (alleviate day-to-day strain) that otherwise targets the poor and/or Blacks in this country.

All else smacks of appeasement of white sensibilities--something he appears to equate with *beneficial for the middle class* w/middle class being a code-term for *white folkses interests*--at least, to me.

One Love, and PEACE

Some will just side with those of the same class and social etc. backgrounds...

I. e., to continue to attribute other blacks folks politics etc. with either being against (sellouts/traitors/etc.) or for us, based on being of the same ethnic/RACIAL/etc. background, reduces us and our efforts down to popularity contests ad naseum, and in the here and now, I won't add insult to injury, co signing what I consider a very dated overview etc.

No disrespect intended nor meant...

But, I feel and think we do have to agree to disagree, this time around, sis...

FYI

Some will just side with those of the same class and social etc. backgrounds...

I. e., to continue to attribute other blacks folks politics etc. with either being against (sellouts/traitors/etc.) or for us, based on being of the same ethnic/RACIAL/etc. background, reduces us and our efforts down to popularity contests ad naseum, and in the here and now, I won't add insult to injury, co signing what I consider a very dated overview etc.

No disrespect intended nor meant...

But, I feel and think we do have to agree to disagree, this time around, sis...

FYI

You cool wit me, Chuck--at all times...:).

As for looking at politics from a *same ethnic/RACIAL/etc. background*, you'd be on the money should you see me as politically naive AND/OR retro; still, from how I see politics--past to present--that's *precisely* how the typical voter towards an elected politician plays the game. It's about electoral numbers (in the end). AND perceptions to beliefs, too. AND some *hope*. AND 'betrayal'. AND a whole lot of other stuff...a mess 'full of more mess', in the end...lol.

Very little change, though.

Much as I HATE politics (a sincere disgust), I voted twice for candidate/Pres. Obama KNOWING that my vote would fall flat in terms of the electoral college (I live in Az.)....and knowing that 'typically' hellul-freeze over before there'll be a democratic victory at the presidential level for any human, white OR black--especially here in Arizona! To me, that's me commiting empty voting in a real sense. A gesture, and no more than that, so..UNLESS I include access to voting at a state/county level, OK? Still....

Political trends, past to present: If anything, HILARY had/may still have the better chance of carrying Az. But not EVER Pres. Obama or *ANY Black man* including Colin Powell. Hilary might still does, though (women outnumber men out this way)...:). Anyhow...

Politics, and all of the anticipated/appreciated, generated ugliness and stupidity and the lying and the grief and the spin and the harsh, hard feelings and grudges--that whole cultivated irrational, emotional stew that is *outright loved and treasured* by political junkies shall carry forward supremely safe from me and my own opinions to actions, Chuck. I won't criticize the people who truly have a handle on this kind of game--and I won't criticize them who have no clue (like me). I declare I have NO RIGHT to do so!

Not nayun no mo! So we're cool, Chuck, as far as I'm concerned.

I ain't voting again.

One Love, and PEACE

Sisters Fieldpea and Chevron Dove,

Let's not forget this important fact. Two(2) issues are involved with the Black Presidency of Mr. Obama, symbolism (historical) and transformation.

For the millions of senior blacks, etc... Barack, and his family, is renewed belief in self, to actually see a black family walk across the White House lawn, built by our ancestors, is perfect historical symbolism that represents achievement on a grand scale, never before thought possible.

On being a President of transformation, single handedly, nearly impossible. More than just voting is necessary, if a class or group of citizens are to be effective in the political area.

Here's what I mean, without having massive black unity within our ranks to force our political will onto electoral politicians, and certainly the President is such a politician; our squeaky political wheel is weak, when compared to other groups or classes of people.

Simply put, all of us, including the President, were caught off guard with this phenomenon. Maybe the next time it happens, we will have learned how to empower our voices and be heard on the political front.

http://destee.com/index.php?threads...ood-for-black-people.76584/page-2#post-808661

In the Spirit of Sankofa, Peace In

I agree with you completely Bro Clyde!

However, I don't honestly believe there will be another time this will happen that this system will allow another 'positive' Black man to be president. But if you run for office, i would definitely be supporting you!

Hey, Bro. Clyde. I remember back when I made the decision to register and vote in 2008. It was because of the dems' race, and it had alot to do with me being a woman, me being a Black woman, me being a Black woman living in Arizona, me having watched the career of John McCain, sen. of az--and being DISGUSTED *with all of the praising-kinds of LIES being told on McCain's behalf (GALLED me!)*--and probably the single most important thing that *tipped me* over the line toward voting was a comment that candidate Obama made in regards to the formulation of federal POLICY. He said something to the effect that *the real work* he intended to be judged by would involve the *changes* that he would direct, re: formulated an implemented federal policy.

THAT caught my attention well beyond any of the hype being generated by all of them politicians!

There I was, unable to totally ignore 'politics' for the first time in almost 30 years! I got suckered in--plain and simple. THE PROBLEM (as far as I'm concerned): I AGREED with him! It has always been the direction (development and implementation) of policies hostile to Black people that has hurt our people the most! Never mind the sloganisms, and never mind legislation (which is always riddled with loopholes)--what affects our people far beyond the profit-taking arranged by lobbyists has been the policies developed by think tankers that is 'adopted by the federal gov't' that either focuses down on (in a debilitating way), OR ignores entirely the ongoing, chronic needs of the poor and/or Black people *in particular*. Focuses down on, or blatantly ignores--until *debilitated*. No in between brought into effect.

That candidate Obama *dared* to announce an awareness of the accumulated POWER that resides in 'policy', plus his background as an advocate, well, I bought in.

In general, I thought it *time to vote* again. First truly *viable* woman candidate, first viable Black man candidate--both at the TOP of their ticket, both at the top of *their game*, and both battling to run against that idiot McCain (Az's DO ABSOLUTELY NOTHING FOR AZ 'ever' senator). If all that wasn't enough, there was Az-specific politics that concerned me for the first time. In Az, there had built up the first true power momentum to get ARPAIO 'out' of the sheriff's seat...it was a kind of *perfect storm* opportunity for me from the state AND national levels, so...

At this time, I don't hold Obama's legislative record against him. That would not be reasonable OR fair. Everybody and they grannies KNOWS that his opportunities to work with today's congress doesn't exist. We all know why--his congressional enemies declared what/how they'd do him. Their end-game fell apart (and I'm glad it did). Historically, I'm glad Obama won his second term; however, it's when I think about his POLICIES....

I ask myself how his enemies in congress manage to *stay his hand* in the executive, such that he somehow has inadequate *show and prove* in arenas that, with 'change' available to him, he has not shown jack yet, so...

Policies that were *beneficial* during Obama's first term (so far as I'm aware of): His extended unemployment payments policy was good. NEEDED, *big time*. Still needed, as a matter of fact, but still...I think this regarding that policy, and from a Black perspective. Stepping in to save the auto industry--that was good policy. NEEDED, and urgently. I think this from a Black perspective. The Affordable Care Act (ObamaCare) was legislation, but NEEDED BADLY and from long time ago! My view from a Black perspective, once again. NOTE: Through Holder, Obama's pushing *today* on something regarding *sentencing minimums* that is ABOUT TIME!

GOOD for minority New Yorkers! GOOD for Atty Gen Holder!

Bro. Clyde, that's it (up there). That's all I got (know of, offhand) in regards to policy *change* that I can associate with Pres. Obama's determination to do 'something' that he KNOWS would benefit (alleviate day-to-day strain) that otherwise targets the poor and/or Blacks in this country.

All else smacks of appeasement of white sensibilities--something he appears to equate with *beneficial for the middle class* w/middle class being a code-term for *white folkses interests*--at least, to me.

One Love, and PEACE

Say it again!

and...

*change* that I can associate with Pres. Obama's determination to do 'something' that he KNOWS would benefit (alleviate day-to-day strain) that otherwise targets the poor and/or Blacks in this country.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back