Black People Politics : Obama launches ‘My Brother’s Keeper’ to help young minority men

Disrespect-we can start with his fathers day speech in Detroit,we can then move to his silly remarks at Morehouse, we can then talk of his offensive speech in Ghana need I continue?

I can agree that his message of personal responsibility wasn't one that applied to the grads of Morehouse. The fact that they're even at Morehouse says that they are intelligent, upwardly mobile, black men.

But, that being said, I also didn't get the impression that his intention was to purposely disrespect them.

He doesn't speak to Asian, or Latino audiences in that way because he's never been Asian or Latino. He can only speak from his experience of being a young black man. He has said numerous times that when he was young he didn't take school seriously, he slacked off, he smoked pot, and that he doesn't want our young men to follow in those same footsteps. Now, you can disagree with his choice of audience, but you can't disagree with the fact that there IS a segment of our community that needs to hear that message.

Obama will only push "jobs" on thee kids and lower income Americans.

So you have an issue with Obama pushing for jobs? Seriously?

What do I suggest he do for Black people? First of all it depends on which Black people you mean. What do you suggest? Or was Obama the end of all things bad iyo?

Haha, nice try. Don't deflect this back on me. You're the one saying Obama isn't doing enough for black people. Let's hear your suggestions for what he should do.

I expect , want,or need nothing from Obama personally. I do for self ,Obama is a politician so he will do nothing for lower income/poverty enveloped Black people, as is tradition in American politics. However the denigration of Black American fathers and men,the assistance in recolonizing Africa ,the passing of patriot act type laws that take away basic liberties should come to an end. Maybe bringing up the rash of police murders , instead of having beers with racist cops would be a nice start. Again Obama aggressively advocates for Latinos,Gays,Women,and only berates and scolds Blacks and that is a fact. But like most Obamites you seem to be simply mesmerized by a half black guy in the white house, so I will just save finger strength.

And you really expected Obama to single handedly erase the corruption and institutional racism that has been woven into the fabric of this country since it's inception... in 8 years? By himself? To say that that is unrealistic is an understatement. I have no problem with holding him accountable or wanting him to do what's in his power to help us, but I also understand the differences between a president, a civil rights leader, a superhero, and a savior.

Obama and the Dems speak in terms like people of color because they cannot,will not,and are afraid to say Black, they cannot say Black cause they want to keep their white voting block however they will use the term Latinos and Gay. You should understand that point, lumping Black people in with other groups is part of a bigger strategy of devaluation. This way they can win elections with out addressing black issues.
I haven't noticed white Democrats referring to black Americans as "people of color." However, it the ONLY designation the POTUS.... and SOME black posters on this site!!!....:rolleyes: give to African people in America. You are absolutely correct and ON POINTE to zoom in on the fact that the president has no problem saying "Latino", that when speaking of issues that affect that minority, he says "Latino", i.e., calls a spade a spade and NEVER (as when referring to blacks as 'people of color') a spade a 'joker'.

The reason is as you point out - lumping blacks in with every other minority, thus NOT addressing issues that concern blacks ONLY.

... Obama and the Dems speak in terms like people of color because they cannot,will not,and are afraid to say Black, they cannot say Black cause they want to keep their white voting block however they will use the term Latinos and Gay. You should understand that point, lumping Black people in with other groups is part of a bigger strategy of devaluation. This way they can win elections with out addressing black issues ...
... However, it's the ONLY designation the POTUS ... give to African people in America. You are absolutely correct and ON POINTE to zoom in on the fact that the president has no problem saying "Latino", that when speaking of issues that affect that minority, he says "Latino", i.e., calls a spade a spade and NEVER (as when referring to blacks as 'people of color') a spade a 'joker'.

The reason is as you point out - lumping blacks in with every other minority, thus NOT addressing issues that concern blacks ONLY.

Why choose to forget about this :facepalm:

Why choose to forget about this :facepalm:

Trayvon Martin was ONE person. I was speaking of black PEOPLE. Show me a "video" of the POTUS talking about black ISSUES that politicians can fix (murderous white people have always been with us), come up with a political initiative for black boys as he did with the Dream Act for the criminal class of Illegals, and I will have no problem coming forth with the "my bads."

Last edited:

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back