Black People Politics : Obama Hussein Clinton?

Discussion in 'Black People Politics' started by info-moetry, Jan 5, 2009.

1. info-moetry

info-moetry STAFF STAFF

United States
    A+ technician
    Ratings:
    +6,486
    I mean this might as well be what he changes his name too, unless.....:thinking:

NBC News has confirmed that President-elect Barack Obama has chosen former Clinton White House chief of staff Leon Panetta to run the CIA.

Panetta was a surprise pick for the post, with no experience in the intelligence world. An Obama transition official and another Democrat disclosed his nomination on a condition of anonymity since it was not yet public.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28508426

- i wonder what has happened to all of the Obamanians who were so excited? They seem to have gone silent while watching this magic show!

stay tuned, for the final act in his show is a :jawdrop:! if your jaw hasn't already dropped by now that is........

2. mazimtaim

mazimtaim Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +50
    You may not have like the brotha from the beginning. But I don't think liking Obama and appreciating the man is being a blind Obamanian. Or whatever that is.

I think most grown "Black" folks know about the American Political system. Of course this is a political pick. Some picks he has made from his own staff. Others come at the expense of forging alliances. And still others are payment for services rendered.

The American political system is no joke. But if he is going to get anything done, he will have to play ball. Being from Chicago, Obama knows exactly how to do that. Wrong or right.

3. river

river Watch Her Flow MEMBER

United States
    Author
    Ratings:
    +1,290
    Hey brotha info,

I read the article but I don't see anything damning about the appointment other than NBC's subtle suggestion that we are supposed to see something bad. Do you trust NBC and their subtle suggestions or do you know something about Leon Pametta that would make this appointment damning?

4. mazimtaim

Ratings:
    +50
    There are certain folks who are simply trying to remind us that Obama is a politician.

It is just hype. As though "Black" folks really believe he can walk on water. We are simply happy that a "Black" man got elected. That is as far as our. . ."blind-faith" goes.

5. river

United States
    Author
    Ratings:
    +1,290
    I know that for many people Obama's message of hope comes at the expense of revolution. But I know also that if whites decided they would not sell us food none of those who itch for revolution could feed us much less a whole army. So we are in the system. We don't like it but any hope of turning this system around is our only hope and we should not expend our energies tearing down our own.

6. river

United States
    Author
    Ratings:
    +1,290
    Actually, it's white folds who have him walking on water. And in this town there were actually folks running around after the election talking about the antichrist.

See, whenever whites get into the kind of trouble they are in now they always turn to the magic negro, the noble savage to get them out. They know they need him. But they don't want to admit that a mere Black man can be intelligent so they make him out to be something so unique it can not be said of any other Black man.

So yes, whether we like Obama or not, if we sit back waiting for him to make a change all by himself then gentrification, police brutality and every other kind of racial oppression will contunue. Or we can take advantage of the momentum and move forward.

7. mazimtaim

Ratings:
    +50
    Oh, I know its the "White" folk. But you can't tell certain people that. They have to pretend that all "Black" folks are gullible. I mean, we were just happy to see the brotha in the White House. "Black" folks don't have any illusions generally, about what he can or will do. It was no different than when the Williams sisters won in tennis. We were just happy to see them do well. To ask for famous "Black" folk to always carry "our" agenda is not common sense. Oprah didn't get where she was because she was focused on African values. Her path to becoming a billionaire had to be a broadbased one. We can't fault her for that. We simply have to work hard building our communities. The well-to-do will help out, if they are conscious and if they are able.

8. info-moetry

info-moetry STAFF STAFF

United States
    A+ technician
    Ratings:
    +6,486
    peace

I never said anyone was blind, i am simply amazed at the hypnosis taking place even amongst some of our most intelligent and concious.

but hey, sometimes the end of a movie does have a twist to it so i will sit back and watch it with you and i will bring the popcorn!

9. info-moetry

info-moetry STAFF STAFF

United States
    A+ technician
    Ratings:
    +6,486
    peace sister river,

no, it's not about nbc i could have posted this same article from many places. I am just asking/saying that don't we at least see that something is wrong here?

some may say that obama must play the game to be effective. so on one hand he is serious and straight forward, but on the other hand he has to lie and put some of Clintons people (including his wife whom he beat and now she is 3rd in line if anything happens to the pres, or vice!!! remember alexander haige) in positions of great power in order to fulfill what he promised during his campaign.....

just the fact that Pametta was/is in the clinton camp alone should be damning enough...

10. info-moetry

info-moetry STAFF STAFF

United States
    A+ technician
    Ratings:
    +6,486
    He's not in yet........

"set your watch and watch"