Black People Politics : Obama Hug

Discussion in 'Black People Politics' started by abstract219, Sep 13, 2012.

1. abstract219

abstract219 ...standing on the shoulders of giants MEMBER

United States
    Behavioral Health
    Ratings:
    +548
    Did anyone see the video of the Pizza shop owner picking Obama off the ground?

Piggybacking on Bro. Khasm's "Body Double" thread. They allow this, then most def needs a body double.

Absolutely shocking. Never has a President been touched like this. That fool should have been taken down....quickly.

The President seems to be saying with his hands..."ahh...where is the security?"

2. Asomfwaa

Asomfwaa Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2,564
    Taken down for? It's one thing if he killed the President, it's another thing if he hugged him.

Fact is that if a man hugs you, chances are you allowed him to. Obama has agency--a lot for an African in America--I do not see the story here.

Is this thread about how security is lax for the President? Because I just don't see it. A man hugged the President.

More--it is my understanding that the President just doesn't walk into a bar--the place is thoroughly checked. In other words, this was (likely*) a man who passed clearance.

*I never met with the President so I do not know the protocol firsthand.

3. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,078

In the Spirit of Sankofa,

... Strangely, I can see both positions, especially this never happening before abstract219, but tend to lean toward ABSibling's assessment. Here's the news article:

http://destee.com/index.php?threads...-college-‘just-explain-it’.73090/#post-758223

Peace In,

4. abstract219

abstract219 ...standing on the shoulders of giants MEMBER

United States
    Behavioral Health
    Ratings:
    +548
    Good points AB and Bro. Clyde.

It just seems awkward. Obama's body movements seem to be saying something else. A visceral reaction...his arms seem to be saying "what the----"...... too close body contact.

5. info-moetry

info-moetry STAFF STAFF

United States
    A+ technician
    Ratings:
    +6,486
    peace

There a C side to this (the smoke screen). They could be setting up the scenario to blame Obama for letting people get to close to him, if something were to happen to him. Of course he 'passed clearance', but to pick the president up off of his feet without any security intervening?? They must have been told to 'stand down'.

6. Asomfwaa

Asomfwaa Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2,564
    I watched the video. On the one hand, the Pizza Store Owner had heard 40 minutes in advance that Obama was coming. From the looks of the conversation, Obama complimented his muscularity, and the man was showing off his body strength. I do not see why someone would attack someone for that. Technically the man should have known better, but I think the Secret Service knew better than to attack a man--at this point in the campaign trail--over the natural conclusion of his conversation with the President.

For instance, when you're with a woman and you mention your physical strength but she is doubtful, you do a gesture of strength that may include an impromptu lift. It's inappropriate, sure, but if she spits in your eye, kicks you and bites you, there's something really, really wrong with that woman. You know what I mean.

I'd watch the video rather than rely on the picture, because Obama wasn't holding his hands out for a long time, and in fact his hand signs were really communicating "Isn't this guy strong?" as opposed to "Wtf?"

The video tells you that Obama greets the man with how big he is for a Pizza store owner and whether Obama would get as big from eating his Pizza. It was very familiar, buddy language and it may well have mislead the guy--i.e. that Obama is very down-to-earth. The scene reminds me of a student who notices a cool, down-to-earth, lax teacher and invites him to smoke with him. Very inappropriate, sure, but it makes sense.

7. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,078

In the Spirit of Sankofa,

... Make no mistake, lol, I'm with you; its quite unusual:drink:

Peace In,