Black People Politics : Obama gives millions to Iraq, but Detroit residents have no water to bathe with??

everybody complaining voted, right?
I voted ,but just simply commenting , because i think that something like this is a shame. When you vote for anyone, you never know what hold in the future of that Administration on down the line. I would like to see and hear more about jobs for the jobless, and more help in our neighborhoods. Even though i know he has a steering wheel in his back and a brake pedal , and a gas pedal ( stop, and go)

OK water privatization, yeah OK, Michigan is kind of a corporate state, yeah all right, but the president of the United States does have the power during hard economic times to give mandatory assistance to any US area or territory, of citizenry enduring inhuman conditions!
If he can send advisors, to Syria and Iraq, why cant he simply demand via Executive priveledge that emergency water resources and Water Bill amnesty be provided for those in Detroit without water!
http://ktla.com/2014/06/29/detroit-cuts-off-water-to-thousands-who-have-past-due-bills/
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/obama-orders-200-more-u-s-personnel-to-iraq/

I so do NOT agree with this ... and i'm poor ... could use a handout or two ... but i think you're mixing apples and oranges.

My water has been cut off and nobody rallied for me. I just had to figure out a way to get the money, pay the past due amounts along with reconnection fees, and keep it moving. I just don't see how folk are wanting this to be an issue for the President or human rights or any of that.

Certainly Detroit has some issues, but water is probably the least of them. If someone pays their water bill this time, what about next month? What about their rent? What about their food? Detroiters need jobs. They need economic opportunity. They need honest politicians. They need a bunch of things, but paying their water bill ... this is what we're gonna fuss and fight for on their behalf?

What happened to teaching a man to fish ... is that no longer applicable these days?

I'm a single Mother, poor, black ... alla that ... and i had to figure out a way to pay my bills no matter what.

Especially those that my children and i absolutely needed for survival ... like water.

Even if it's so bad in Detroit ... so bad that folk can't survive .. they can leave.

Go to some other part of the country that might be more economically appealing.

There are quite a few options ... have they all been exhausted ... those things they can do their own selves?

At what point is a person responsible for their own survival?

Never?

:heart:

Destee

I so do NOT agree with this ... and i'm poor ... could use a handout or two ... but i think you're mixing apples and oranges.

My water has been cut off and nobody rallied for me. I just had to figure out a way to get the money, pay the past due amounts along with reconnection fees, and keep it moving. I just don't see how folk are wanting this to be an issue for the President or human rights or any of that.

Certainly Detroit has some issues, but water is probably the least of them. If someone pays their water bill this time, what about next month? What about their rent? What about their food? Detroiters need jobs. They need economic opportunity. They need honest politicians. They need a bunch of things, but paying their water bill ... this is what we're gonna fuss and fight for on their behalf?

Talk about teaching a man to fish ... seems that sentiment has gone completely out the window.
Well for myself , i am not fussing are fighting about the Detroit issue, i heard about it yesterday on Destee, i am also. unemployed and struggling and floating on a raft if you know what i mean. so , what i am saying that it is a shame , that they do not have water are whatever they are experiencing. so i am not following this problem in Detroit. i only heard of it from this site, also, I want say that i am poor but i will say that i am unemployed and doing my own thing to keep a roof over my head that's legal, and i am helping people, some that have jobs and those without with food are what i can. i did not say not once to pay these people bills for them. Somewhere down the line this will come up again but with a different twist, and i want to read the comments. You will know when the that time comes i will let you know. futhermore this is not like the first things like this has happened, the united states have done this before, and doing it without you knowing it still to this day. it depends upon whom those people are. and not necessarilly a situation like this Detroit thing. And as i was say about the steering wheel. The President Obama, can only do so much, there are higher powers that runs that white house, now, the Black House.apple,orange they are both a fruit

I'm a single Mother, poor, black ... alla that ... and i had to figure out a way to pay my bills no matter what.

Especially those that my children and i absolutely needed for survival ... like water.

Even if it's so bad in Detroit ... so bad that folk can't survive .. they can leave.

There are quite a few options ... have they all been exhausted ... those things they can do their own selves?

Never?

Destee

What happened to teaching a man to fish ... seems that's out the window?

Never?

Destee

What happened to teaching a man to fish ... is that no longer applicable these days?

Never?

Destee
So if these people are lazy and don't want to do for themselves are if they really need help it is still a shame and a bad situation
There are a lot of people poor people in America, and its growing. you will see more of this the united states is not going to get better for you/ us, look around you, watch tv , watch news, go outside. lot of those people in those other countries are coming here you can lead a mule to water, but you can not make him drink.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back