Black People Politics : Obama bashers

Discussion in 'Black People Politics' started by Zulile, Jan 24, 2009.

1. Zulile

Zulile Well-Known Member MEMBER

HR/Finance
    Ratings:
    +103
    I find it rather... remarkable.. reading posts from Black people Bashing Obama. Usually they are the same folk who question his 'blackness', yet keep questioning what he will do, or not do, for Black people. :huh: I mean, it is one thing to criticize the President, but to put a Black spin on it seems... insane... as we all seem to agree he is not a Black Leader in the activist sense, but an American Leader.

His image alone has an effect on Black people, regardless of his political stance/actions - so is the Bash Obama purpose to remind us that he's not all he's cracked up to be? To remove blinkers? To ensure no Black person falls under the illusion that he's any different from the rest of Washington?

2. Ionlyspeaktruth

Ionlyspeaktruth Banned

Ratings:
    +6
    OK let me say this

"His image alone has an effect on Black people, regardless of his political stance/actions "

Sorry sis, It has an affect on some. Not me.I was raise to not hero worship or idolize anyone outside of my home.:great: I supported and voted for him as a brother. but hear this..... ANYONE, (including my Dad) does not do things to help AFRIKAN people in this country... I will blast that A@@. that makes them No better than the YT's that have been screwing us for 400 years in this wilderness. Again, my dear Z, I (unlike 99% of the johnny come latelys) supported him (and cynthia) from the jump. I was/am willing to give him a chance. but I owe him ZERO if he does comes in and looks out stictly for OUR enemy. However, I DO wish him safety and good health for he and his family of AFRIKANS. BTW, Like I said before, if you needed Obama getting elected to help your self esteem... maybe you need to revisit said self esteem.

3. Jahari Kavi

Jahari Kavi Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Self Development
    Ratings:
    +523
    this is my primary reason for doing it. At least with Bush we knew what was coming towards us.....On top of that I really do have big concerns with his foreign policy...we're already seeing the shifting focus to pakistan, israel is a given, and I still wonder about russia (brenzinski) and iran.....A foreign attack on american soil is something that stays on my mind.........And when speaking of his image we have to remember that Obama represents all black americans internationally. A few missteps on global foreign policy and we can see a backlash towards african americans throughout the international community...

4. Metaverse

Metaverse Well-Known Member MEMBER

Media Designer
    Ratings:
    +424
    You don't have to bash Obama.

....leave that too the professionals.

5. Ionlyspeaktruth

Ionlyspeaktruth Banned

Ratings:
    +6
    Who is this talking brother?

And is there a link to this? I dont wanna have to sift through tons of BS TY

6. KWABENA

KWABENA STAFF STAFF

United States
    Leader-Student-Teacher
    Ratings:
    +367
    Since I have not seen any Obama bashing, I am curious to know where it is within the forums. Can someone please point it out?

KWABENA

7. mazimtaim

mazimtaim Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +50
    Then you must be mad at an awful lot of "Black" folks. Because many of us here have done less in their lives than Obama when he lived out here on the south side.

8. LindaChavis

LindaChavis Well-Known Member MEMBER

Car Sales Consultant
    Ratings:
    +147
    I SO agree..

Not only that. He has my full respect for marrying Michelle alone.

9. LindaChavis

LindaChavis Well-Known Member MEMBER

Car Sales Consultant
    Ratings:
    +147
    Did the "bashers" not see

.....The Sisters in the White House thread..?? Seven on staff, his wife and two daughters..good grief. What else ya want..?? His blackberry number

10. info-moetry

info-moetry STAFF STAFF

United States
    A+ technician
    Ratings:
    +6,486
    peace God.....