Black People Politics : obama and the cult of personality

Discussion in 'Black People Politics' started by jamesfrmphilly, Jul 30, 2011.

1. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,745
    i see there is a group of black people who support obama even as he sells us all out.
    i think this is the cult of personality. once a black person achieves cult status they can do anything.
    bishop eddie long continues in place no matter how many young boys speak up.
    in the eyes of the religious and the emotional facts don't matter.

is obama being viewed through rational eyes?

yes, black people do have tendency to complain about leaders a lot. but knee jerk support is just as bad as knee jerk opposition.
    we simply cannot put leaders in place and then follow blindly. there must be a reasonable way to monitor their actions.

obama currently enjoys solid support among the black masses even as he sells those same black people out. social security, medicare, medicaide.
    these are programs that so many black people depend on. obama offers the black safety net up for cuts to the republicans and black people just do nothing. if you point out what he is doing you become the villain. it's maddening.

i am beginning to understand why this generation of black people are doing so badly.

2. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684
    So you are putting the weight of this racist government on the back of one Black Man, just 'cause he just got the job?! A government mind you, that has been mistreating your people from the moment they began enslaving our Ancestors, long before an Obama could be dreamed of (and you've done nothing yourself, to stop them).

You're wanting us to put this current nationwide and collective circumstance on his back, when you and all of us knew, what we were dealing with (this government) and have made no more safe guards or provisions for our own selves or our people than we have ... but it is all this one Brother's fault ... he has sold us out ... because we have chosen to collectively find ourselves hoping, begging, and pleading (yet again) that this government gets it together and saves us?!

Okay. I'm done. Have your way.

:heart:

Destee

3. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684
    Brother James ... why didn't you apply for the job, and go 'head on and get it done right?

You're older than Obama, obviously smarter, so what has kept you here on the sidelines with us?

I can't believe you're referencing him with Eddie Long, who allegedly had sex outside his marriage (to say the least). When there has never been any such accusations of that, regarding Obama. Wow. You really hate this Brother. That's unfortunate, for so many reasons.

Every single Brother deserves so much more than you're giving this one ... President or Janitor.

Okay ... i'm done now ... for real this time ... :wink:

Destee

4. Blaklioness

Blaklioness Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1,812
    Obama's not a sellout. We need to remember who created (birthed) and reared him. He is not and was never in a position to sell out Black people. Nothing in his background says that he should ever have been.

5. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684
    lol Sister ... uh oh ... i'm move'n out of the way ... i aint in this ... :)

Destee

6. butterfly#1

butterfly#1 going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,204
    IM SECONDING THIS EMOTION LOUD AND CLEAR!!!

7. Blaklioness

Blaklioness Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1,812
    :) Jes sayin'. I think people who oppose his presidency keep forgetting who he is. Even if race was not an issue, he still would only be going as far as they let him go, because that is the nature of that position. Being selected to a political position carries no real weight unless you are in a position to make decisions without relying on the approval of others to do so, and such roles are technically described as some form of dictatorship. People still believe that they voted him into that position even though the law expressly (EXPRESSLY) indicates the president is chosen by the electoral college (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indirectly_elected). The only TRUE power that people can work to attain is via self in context of direct relationship with the Creator. People just need to quit fooling themselves. That is all.

8. Ruth4You

Ruth4You Active Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +36
    You are so right, Destee! I hear more Black ppl complaining about PrezObama. During his campaign, he NEVER promised or offered ANYTHING to Black Americans as a voting group. Did you hear him mention: affirmative action, reparations, hate crime legislation, etc? No! He said he is EVERYBODY'S President.

JamesFrmPhilly, what have YOU done for Blk ppl as a group? You appear to have quite a bit of age on you to be on this type of forum. Also, you mention Obama's "cult of personality." This is a right-wing propaganda phrase degradingObama's election/occupation in the White House. Sometimes when we point a finger of blame at one person, we forget we're pointing a few back ourselves. In other words, you may be exposing your own weaknesses, failures and ignorance.

It appears to me that some Blacks are personally jealous of Obama's masculinity, youth, mixed race, intelligence, good looks, decent Black family, fair skin, etc. Just because he's not (yet?) caught in a scandal (like Eddie Long, Michael Jackson, Clarence Thomas, Kobe Bryant, Tiger Woods, R. Kelly, etc) make him just as disturbing for some jealous Blacks as well as racist Whites. Obama doesn't need more plantation-minded older Negroes to complicate his administration or leadership. It looks REALLY bad when older Blacks (who should know better) openly criticize our Black Prez for little or no reason.

Ruth4You.

9. nixprophet

nixprophet Psalms 82:6 MEMBER

Young Black Entrepreneur
    Ratings:
    +357
    When A Man wont HONESTLY speak his Mind, when he has all the power, capacity and authority to do so... He is selling out.... ( not a black or white thing but OVER ALL )

He didn't need to actually do anything.. We already know this is a dramatic soap opera of a government... But atleast use some vasilline on the public and make it sound like you have some Balls while your opposition opposes you openly and with obvious raicst undertones...

REPRESENT **** it....

JMHO...

Peace.. Peace..

10. butterfly#1

butterfly#1 going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,204
    There it is, there it is! One would think that the facts you stated are well known. I am puzzled at how so many are not willing to give this brother a chance. Obama is the first, and probably the last Black to hold the office of President of these United States...for a long time to come!!