Black People Politics : Obama Administration Cuts Long-Term Home Care Program for Elderly and Disabled

Discussion in 'Black People Politics' started by Ankhur, Oct 18, 2011.

1. Ankhur

Ankhur Well-Known Member MEMBER

owner of various real estate concerns
    Ratings:
    +3,014
    The war inLibya has cost how much?
    the wars in Afghanstan and Iraq, inthe lst 2 years, how much?
    Welfare to the oil, nuclear, gas, and coal companies, how much?
    and now that municipal senior housing facilities are being closed by state and city.........
    Obama Administration Cuts Long-Term Home Care Program for Elderly, Disabled
    The Obama administration has announced it is pulling the plug on a long-term home care program included in the 2010 healthcare reform law. The Community Living Assistance Services and Supports, or CLASS program, was designed to give the disabled and elderly cash to receive care at home instead of usually more expensive institutional care. The program was co-authored by the late Sen. Edward Kennedy and Democratic Rep. Frank Pallone of New Jersey. Pallone criticized the Obama administration’s decision, saying, "While we are fighting so hard against Republican attempts to cut Medicaid ... abandoning the CLASS Act is the wrong decision. Soon enough, those in need will have nowhere to go for long-term care."

http://www.democracynow.org/2011/10/17/headlines#2

2. Chevron Dove

Chevron Dove Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,730
    This is just awful!!!!!!

I wonder what will happen, what will be the full impact. I guess this may mean that there will be many senior people put into government facilities and receive inadequate medical care, or they will have to depend upon their own family members of whom may not realize that they might need to go get some medical training in order to properly care for the own people.

This is stressful because I'm thinking about my own relatives right now...

Thanks for this post.

3. Ankhur

Ankhur Well-Known Member MEMBER

owner of various real estate concerns
    Ratings:
    +3,014
    Yes Dear Heart, we should have had these security measures to care for our elderly, after Nixon started talking this stuff, and then invented the extortion organizations called HMOs