Black People Politics : Obama a new weapon-their new angle

Discussion in 'Black People Politics' started by Therious, Nov 5, 2008.

1. Therious

Therious Banned MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,398
    Obama has won. Now the media's new angle is; "racial grievances" are a thing of the past. They are further demonizing Jesse Jackson ,and Al Sharpton ,and those types of people who bring injustice to the light.

Say what you want about Jesse and Al(this isn't a discussion about their motives),but racsim/white supremcy are not a dead issue. Lets not forget that Obama is half white,he used his white family in the campaign,he used demeaning rehtoric against Black men to win. he renounced his pastor Rev. Wright,he renounced the Noi,and he pledged love and support for Israel,a nation built on white supremecy,and murder of melanated people. If obama was 1000 percent black, would he have won? Maybe,Maybe not. Not saying it wouldn't have been possible, but now that a mulatto(whom I voted for),who had to disassociate him self from all things black,or all things exposing white racist violence and policy,has won the presidency of the U.S.,white media,and black conned-dervatives,and black left ................
    have a new angle,and a weaopon in Obama to excuse white supremecy. Expect to hear a lot more of; "racial grievances are the old politics, and Obama is the new"

Yet another attempt of whites to try and erase their past history of criminal and terroristic behavior against people of color.

2. excel10k

excel10k Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +8
    Will change now come to Black America

Do you really think the white voters, whose support was ESSENTIAL for Obama to win, went into that booth with the idea that their selection of Obama would "erase their past history of criminal and terroristic behavior"?

Race WAS an issue in this election and will always be an issue.

The question is, however, what can a black person expect to achieve in America? The answer has been proven: Whatever he sets his mind on. We can continue to make excuses and question every motive of whites, but doing so will not aid our progress.

Change has come to America. The question now is, will change now come to Black America?

70% of African American children are born out of wedlock. This is a statistically proven disadvantaged position that we are, by default, birthing 70% of our children into. 85% of ALL prison inmates of ALL races are from fatherless homes. Will change now come to Black America?

50% of the Nations prison population is black. The default answer is to blame the system. A crime must be committed to even be in or effected by the system. Blaming the system will not make us better as a race. Blaming the system will not make our neighborhoods free of the destructive influences of drugs. We must do something DIFFERENT in order to positively effect this issue. Will change now come to Black America?

Obama is a FATHER, a HUSBAND, a MAN who has embraced EDUCATION, and ACADEMIC acheivement. He is INVOLVED in his childrens life. He came off the campaign trail to "trick or treat" with his daughters. He is an example of what black men can and should be to their WIVES and to THEIR CHILDREN. Will change now come to Black America?

It is time to rise to the occassion. We must make change a reality that BEGINS with us as individuals. We must be worthy of being judged by the content of our character. We must value and rebuild the traditional nuclear family which involves one man, one woman, and their children. This is the foundation of a strong people. In most cases, children are best raised by the two people who made them. We must get our youth on the right track. The track where they are actively and aggressively pursue righteousness and positive things and just as actively and aggressively AVOID negative things such as drugs use, drug sells, producing children out of wedlock and creating fatherless homes. Will change now come to Black America??
    I realize this is a lot of idealogy, but unless we do something vastly different, 4 or even 8 years of an African American president will not net us any tangible benefits. The choice is ours and has absolutely nothing to do with what white peoples motives are for electing a black president. It has nothing to do with white crimes of the past, present, or future. The future of Black America is completely based upon rather or not the behavior, actions, and attitude of Black people CHANGE to positive, constructive, goal orientied ones where we take and accept FULL responsibility for our condition. Will change now come to Black America??

These are the issues that will make a tangible difference in the social conditions of Black America. These issues are dependent upon what we, as black people, do, not upon what what people do or how they respond to us.

3. excel10k

excel10k Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +8
    demeaning rehtoric?????

What did he say that was "demeaning rehtoric" against Black men?

Did he say something that was not true concerning a very large percentage of black men???

4. Da Street So'ja

Da Street So'ja Banned MEMBER

thrivin' spiritually/physically/emotionally/financ
    Ratings:
    +42
    i totally agree

they CANNOT erase history.

NOW THAT THIS HAS HAPPENED
    WE NEED TO TREAT EACH OTHER BETTER, MAKE EACH OTHER BETTER
    MAKE THIS CHANGE A POSITIVE ONE. YOU/US NEEDS TO CHANGE THEY WAY WE VIEW EACH OTHER.
    HOLD UP LOL. I'M STILL IN AMERIKKKA. THEN I REALIZED THIS ELECTION
    WASN'T FOR ME.
    IT WAS FOR FUTURE GENERATIONS, GENERATIONS
    THAT CAN SEE PROMISE, AND FOR THAT I AM GRATEFUL.

SO I SEE THIS AS VERY POSITIVE
    DON'T BECOME COMPLACENT BLACK PEOPLE THIS IS FAR FROM OVER
    TRUST ME WE HAVE WORK TO DO

BUT IT'S A GREAT START TO CHANGING OUR MINDSET AND RETURN
    TO THAT RESPECT FOR EACH OTHER WE'VE LOST OVER THE CENTURIES

I KNOW OBAMA WILL DO A GOOD JOB AND HE IS A STRONG MAN
    I SHOULD KNOW HE'S A LEO LIKE ME
    AND WE HAVE ANOTHER STRONG LEO BROTHER HERE BRO. KEITA

WHILE MOST ARE PROUD OF OBAMA AS I AM,

I'M EVEN MORE PROUD OF OUR

FIRST BLACK FIRST LADY IN THE WHITE HOUSE

GIRL GO HEAD AND FRY SOME BACON! LOL

CONGRATULATION BARACK OBAMA

THANK YOU FOR MAKING ME A BETTER PERSON

A BETTER MAN

5. Da Street So'ja

Da Street So'ja Banned MEMBER

thrivin' spiritually/physically/emotionally/financ
    Ratings:
    +42
    most

most young people seem immune to the past white and black

white youth voted for Obama, they don't believe they bare the brunt of the past, that's where i saw the most change

your question
    YES it will but we HAVE TO MAKE THE CHANGE, no longer can we sit and wait
    for the change

BECAUSE CHANGE IS HERE

now get out there and respect each other Black People

this is deeper than any one individual

it's about ALL OF US

6. emanuel goodman

emanuel goodman Well-Known Member MEMBER

social worker
    Ratings:
    +759
    If my chidren's, children can live in a world that does not have that pain to ride them that we have had then it's all well worth it. I have set aside my personal views about the man. My son and daughter were screaming and hugging. I hope the ancestors will was done! Reality is reality and the reality is that there is a "black man in the white house" HOOOOOOOOOOOray for the black man! We really needed this for our youth!

7. cocobutterskyn

cocobutterskyn Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Spreading Joy.... need some?
    Ratings:
    +221
    We can’t expect others to do right by us if we aren’t doing right by us. There is a lot of work we as a people need to do for ourselves and the beginning should be to care about each other. I feel that the seed of togetherness has been replanted during this election process and I pray it will grow and spread throughout our race.

What we need to do individually and collectively should be our focus

I appreciate your comment

MaddSistahlyLove!
    Coco:heart:

8. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,748
    i'm just going to be happy for a day. anybody care to join me?

9. normvan

normvan Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    Coco you are right. While we must remember the past, we have to look to our future,
    that is where we are going.

10. normvan

normvan Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    Obama has won, but not only by the votes of the balck people. 43 % of all white voters gave there support as well.
    What is so wrong with taking this victory, and move forward togeather as a nation that is changing for the better for all its people ?
    This we must do.