Black People Politics : Obama’s Anti-Black Rant

Dang! I'm at work at can't read the transcript. From what you guys are saying, I can just imagine the BS that was spewed though. I just wish that We as a people would realize that this guy doesn't have Our best interest at heart!!

Kadijah says: That's the problem - there IS no "transcript presented." Just some taken out of context sentences.

It would be best that you get to a computer, click on the link the read or listen for your self. Then decide for yourself as to whether or not anything ford as said, is 'taken out of context'.

by Glen Ford

Obama puts the onus squarely on Blacks for destroying the promise of racial harmony.”

It was bad enough that a sitting president and key members of his administration occupied positions of prominence, and in fact stole the show, at the anniversary of the March on Washington. But what issued from Barack Obama’s mouth were premeditated insults to Black Americans and their history. To put it bluntly, the First Black President gave a very good standup impression of a racist white man.

Obama chose to expand his remarks beyond the early Sixties period, past the triumphs of the Civil Rights and Voting Rights Acts, to give a mini-lecture on what went wrong, in his estimation, with the Black Freedom Movement. The result was a brief but vicious slew of slurs against African Americans – the kind of slander you expect to hear on FOX News, or from a half-drunk white guy at a country-western bar.

According to Obama, Black folks lost their way when “legitimate grievances against police brutality tipped into excuse-making for criminal behavior.” What the hell does that mean? Which particular incidents is he referring to in which Blacks used police brutality to somehow mask criminal activity. If he means the Black Panther Party, which I suspect, then the president should say so, and open up a discussion of who the real criminals and assassins were, in the late Sixties and early Seventies. But, like any cheap white politician, Obama spews a mouthful of bile and then moves on to the next rant.

Read/listen here: http://blackagendareport.com/content/obama’s-anti-black-rant

In all due fairness and honesty, I haven't even heard the speech, and can't comment any further, until I do...

Anybody who can provide a link, thanks in advance!

FYI

A far and honest assessment is my intent and purpose, since the hypocrisy and deceit of our white critics no know bondaries....

Obama the most high profile of elected african american leaders:

I don't hold him exclusively and solely accountable, since there are a lot of other ones talking loud/doing nothing,, too...

I also do give props to one of ours, since the cheap shot directed at Detroit, by Boston's mayor, shouldn't have been made to begin with, so two big thumbs up for your on point/on time comeback, Dave Bing...

(Smile)...

Yes, Obama is indeed a mainstay advanced elected official, and his take on the legacy the movements of the past, advances their (not our) best interests, but it is an overgeneralization for anybody to allege or imply Bill Cosby wrote Obama's speech for him...

So, air your comments/criticisms/etc. after you've heard the speech, not one of his critic's needs or wants you to believe...

FYI

Real life is about evolving/learning/growing/etc., facing up to the mistakes of the past, then moving forward, etc.

And, some of the mainstays of the Civil Rights Movement, did move from an appeal for rights to striving for real power...

Let us do contrast the sort of leader Obama is a reflection of, as opposed to the sort of leader we need and should want, i. e., one who reflects our (not their) best interests...

FYI

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back