Black People Politics : Obama’s Anti-Black Rant

Discussion in 'Black People Politics' started by RAPTOR, Sep 5, 2013.

1. RAPTOR

RAPTOR Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +4,094
    by Glen Ford

Obama puts the onus squarely on Blacks for destroying the promise of racial harmony.”

It was bad enough that a sitting president and key members of his administration occupied positions of prominence, and in fact stole the show, at the anniversary of the March on Washington. But what issued from Barack Obama’s mouth were premeditated insults to Black Americans and their history. To put it bluntly, the First Black President gave a very good standup impression of a racist white man.

Obama chose to expand his remarks beyond the early Sixties period, past the triumphs of the Civil Rights and Voting Rights Acts, to give a mini-lecture on what went wrong, in his estimation, with the Black Freedom Movement. The result was a brief but vicious slew of slurs against African Americans – the kind of slander you expect to hear on FOX News, or from a half-drunk white guy at a country-western bar.

According to Obama, Black folks lost their way when “legitimate grievances against police brutality tipped into excuse-making for criminal behavior.” What the hell does that mean? Which particular incidents is he referring to in which Blacks used police brutality to somehow mask criminal activity. If he means the Black Panther Party, which I suspect, then the president should say so, and open up a discussion of who the real criminals and assassins were, in the late Sixties and early Seventies. But, like any cheap white politician, Obama spews a mouthful of bile and then moves on to the next rant.

Read/listen here: http://blackagendareport.com/content/obama’s-anti-black-rant

2. CosmicMessenger

CosmicMessenger Banned MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +945
    I didn't vote for Obama in either election and I never listen to him.

That is all I will say about that.

3. Alarm Clock

Alarm Clock Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1,030
    I dont think you get the point of him saying that in front of thousands of people!!

Have you ever seen a hypnotist show live??

He can make folks fall asleep randomly in the audience or forget their name!

When you were 7 how did kids test another child's deafness in cruel ways?

They would cuss the child's parents out and if the child just shrugged or smiled they knew the child was deaf;
    [​IMG]

The prez was testing how hypnotized Black folks have become

They were there, and millions of others watching on TV

but if you sent every single person not only a transcript but a video of the speech

they would deny the president said what he actually said

And when you get a people into that kind of mental conditioning you can do practically anything to them!:bye:

4. RAPTOR

United States
    Ratings:
    +4,094
    Who, ford?

I think ford is on point. As a journalist, one can not get all, shall I say -'esoteric' when disseminating information and sharing ones opinion to the masses. Perhaps what you have pointed out is something the individual would have to arrive at...

5. Khasm13

Khasm13 STAFF STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +4,472
    his white side is showing...

one love
    khasm

6. Da Flash

Da Flash going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    professional internet surfer
    Ratings:
    +405
    Dang! I'm at work at can't read the transcript. From what you guys are saying, I can just imagine the BS that was spewed though. I just wish that We as a people would realize that this guy doesn't have Our best interest at heart!!

7. Alarm Clock

Ratings:
    +1,030
    I am starting to wonder after the past 20 years do we have our best interest at heart!

Politics is like the law of the streets. If a dude thinks you a punk cause you let someone mess over you before, well he will treat you like one!

And when Bill Clinton sat on his hands, and practically prevented toe UN from doing anything in Rwanda, when he kidnapped Arristede, when he allowed his treasurer Robert Rubin to sack the Glass Steagl Act and then create GAAT and NAFTA;
    we said nothing and did nothing!!!

Then for eight years of that idiot Bush devestating Black communities all over the planet, yeah we said alot! We said a great deal, but we didnt do squat! Eight years! 2 terms and no National plan for Black Nationalism or collective economics even in his first term!!

So if we did not do for self, or take action under a White idiot president, whjat is a Black one supposed to think about us?

He stood up there and said all of that stuff, and we just stood up there and grinned like they sprayed hydrolized opium over everyone!

And no one said squat after but Glen Ford, like a later day Noah!

8. Kadijah

Kadijah Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2,952
    That's the problem - there IS no "transcript presented." Just some taken out of context sentences.

That said:

In context or out, no one can deny the quoted passage. :news:

9. Alarm Clock

Ratings:
    +1,030
    Did Ford make a speech in front of thousands of people, in Washington?

10. RAPTOR

United States
    Ratings:
    +4,094
    Is, or was, ford wrong? If so, then what did he say exactly, that you disagree with, then we can go from there.
    Don't feel like chasing spilled water through a network of pipes.