Black People : O.J. Simpson

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by KWABENA, Jun 28, 2004.

1. KWABENA

KWABENA STAFF STAFF

United States
    Leader-Student-Teacher
    Ratings:
    +367
    DELETED - SEE ME FOR INPUT

2. kente417mojo

kente417mojo Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +34
    I agree O.J. indeed got himself in a mess. I don't think we as black people should feel obligated to stand behind someone that we think might be guilty simply because they are black. I mean, if O.J. killed this white woman, he didn't do it for the black race. He didn't do it for all the black folks that died at the hands of this country. He did it because he's crazy and jealous over a white girl. Being black was the furthest thing from his mind. I'm not supporting someone that may have killed someone for that reason. It's not the same as supporting Huey Newton when he shot a white cop. Now, I don't know if O.J. did it or not. If someone had a envolope with a picture of the killer and I had to bet whether it was O.J. or not....I would bet that it was him. I like what Connie Rice said. She said that we as black people need to stop offering unconditional support to black celebrities when they get jammed up legally. Then they look to play that ever so valuable "race card" along with their precious black fan base to bail themselves out. There are so many innocent black people on trial and accused of things they really didn't do, but we rally and support black ball-players, musicians and celebrities based on just that....their celebrity status. That makes it look like we're ok with murder or rape as long as you're black and in the public eye. How does this make us better as a people? If there is some doubt, then ok, but to just chalk it up to "The white man" is rediculous. R. Kelly is on tape. Micheal is suspect whether people want to believe it or not. O.J. did it in my mind. The only one presently that looks like they are being wronged is Kobe Bryant. I agree with suppoting our brothers and sisters 100% when it looks as though their hands are clean and the white man is trying to dirty them up, but if you're wrong....you're wrong...black or white.

I'm not going to lie...I was happy when O.J. got off. I wasn't happy because he's black, a football player or celebrity. I was happy because it was a slap in the face of the criminal justice system that opresses people daily. Plus the fact that O.J. was ok (to white people) when he was making money and marrying white girls and in movies and commercials, then something went wrong and O.J. is no longer accepted. That's what was funny to me. Him as a black human being had nothing to do with it.

3. NNQueen

NNQueen going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Good point Brother Kente. I agree because like you, I have to admit that I did feel a sense of relief when he got the "not guilty" verdict, but at the same time I was wishing I was in the courtroom so that I could walk up to him and knee him straight in the groin--all up in the cameras on national television! :driveby: So it wasn't so much because he was Black, but because of what white America made him into...a poster child for ALL Black men! :court: Every now and then I hear that he's still dealing with white women, but honestly, is there ONE sister on the planet who would have anything to do with this man...one that still has half a brain that is?

Queenie :spinstar:

4. NNQueen

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Brother Denson, I'm trying to work with you man! :lol: I almost overlooked this thread completely because I didn't realize you were responding to a thread I started a while ago. Can you work with a sista?

Now listen up...whenever you want to RESPOND to a thread, simply click on the REPLY button and type your heart out. :geek: You don't have to start a NEW thread to express your opinion to a current topic. Do you understand? :wave:

I ain't madatcha but you keeping a sister running and you making me have hotflashes. :hot: Show me some mercy, k?

Whew.....peace!
    Queenie :sleep:

5. happy69

happy69 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5
    Kannte is 100% right; but you can take it further, much much further!
    What you said was so true! I think that most African-Americans were happy because for once, We seen someone with skin like Ours, and that was a far as it went, who got off. Justice is only blind yesterday, today, and tomorrow if your skin is white.

I, like Kannte,didn't know then if he did it; and I don't know now. They had no evidence and that which they presented as such was circumstantial and suspicious, because it came from the murderous and destructive LAPD.

I have gotten to the point now that if you are Black and put yourself in situations such as these... then you get out of it.

The little black girl in Texas who was getting death threats from two little KKKers-- well her mother took her there, to a place where her child was one of only a handful of blacks... a place known for it's racism. The Preacher who moved out to whiteville, got a cross burning...he went out there.

Brothers and Sisters who can't see the sun unless a white person tells them that it shines; then scream racism when they cannot continue to take all kinds of mental and emotional abuse heaped on them ...

Forget Them.

But, Condi Rice and Collin Powell are two people who need to shut up... When the big bad white boys get after them for one thing or another... next thing you hear them on t.v. playing the race card..."My people, blah, blah"

Kobe Bryant, OJ, MJ, MJ....Forget them fools and any and all others African-American sick and weak...We have real battles ... the time We Use and the Love We expend on these Thugz...We could be using on Us. Next time they try to bring Oprah down, forget her too!

6. NNQueen

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    :laugh: Happy, sister, you don't PLAY do you? :flamet:

I'm trying to think of what political office I see you best suited for:

President
    National Security Advisor
    Attorney General
    Secretary of State
    Secretary of Defense

You are one WARRIOR! :hot: I have nothing but respect for your sister!

Queenie :spinstar:

7. happy69

happy69 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5
    Thanks Sis,
    I don't want to hold nobody's office... I want to only be a member of the true African-American club.

8. kente417mojo

kente417mojo Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +34
    Happy...calm down girl. Wheeew!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
    I agree with you totally. We do have real battles to think about. These people got themselves into these messes and need to find their way out without trying to play the race card when it's convenient. Condi Rice and Colin Powell do need to shut up. They release a lot of HOT air that no one wants to hear. I do like listening to Connie Rice though, because she speaks the truth unlike her cousin Condoleeza.

9. KWABENA

KWABENA STAFF STAFF

United States
    Leader-Student-Teacher
    Ratings:
    +367
    My Bad Sistah!

DELETED - SEE ME FOR INPUT