Brother AACOOLDRE : NYMPS ARE LUKEWARM TOO

Discussion in 'AACOOLDRE' started by AACOOLDRE, May 13, 2017.

1. AACOOLDRE

AACOOLDRE Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Teacher
    Ratings:
    +411
    NYMPHS ARE LUKEWARM TOO:

THE NYMPHS @ LUKEWARM’S LAODICEA CHURCH/CITY

By Andre Austin, author of Lukewarm Church @ Laodicea: A parable of the Greek Leukos and Leukothea

I just completed my reading of an article in the Biblical Archaeology Review magazine March/April 2017 issue. Mark R Fairchild title was Laodicea’s ‘Lukewarm Legacy”. I hit the jackpot again in advancing my thesis and hypothesis that the term Lukewarm was a parable to the Greek nymph, sea goddess Leukothea who saves lives by use of clothing by getting naked or switching clothes.

Fairchild cites archaeological finds of what he calls “nymphaeum (a public fountain)” in the Lukewarm city of Laodicea p.31

Under Fairchild sub-heading of “FOUNTAINS FOR NYMPHS & KINGS” he reports that:

“Four other nymphaea have been uncovered at Laodicea. In its earliest form, a nymphaeum was a grotto dedicated to the nymphs, female nature deities. Grottoes were selected as suitable shrines because nymphs were thought to inhabit them. Eventually, a nymphaeum came to refer to man-made grottoes and elaborate fountains-often decorated with statues p.32”.

Luke is from the Greek Loukas and Wikipedia reports it means from Lukania then boing it down to Leukos=white. So we have a reference to Lukewarm as white water which can only be related to Homer’s nymph Leukothea, “a goddess of white waves” of the foam of the water in Odyssey 5:332-357. Leukos would also be dealing with spiritual blindness of the church (Leukomas, seeing white clouds). Lueukos is mentioned in the Illiad 4:490-500,

Fairchild admits Laodicea had “an extensive textile (clothing) industry” p.35. He’s unaware that this fits into the theme of Rev 3: 14-22 requesting the Lukewarm church put on White (Leukos) clothes and stop being shamelessly naked and preoccupied with selling textiles (clothing) of glossy black wool.

The New Testament writes use of Homer as a teaching tool for parables was nothing new. Harvard Ph.D, Dennis MacDonald has detected it in the gospel of mark and in the book of Acts. Before I read Fairchild’s article I sent an email to MacDonald and he called Leukothea a nymph but didn’t believe she could be symbolic of Lukewarm (whitewater) but the people in ancient times like Homer felt in the reverse.

I’m very confident that Lukewarm was a parable to the nymph goddess Leukothea @ the church in Laodicea.

2. AACOOLDRE

United States
    Teacher
    Ratings:
    +411
    According to wikipedia Nymps:
    The Greek nymphs were spirits invariably bound to places, not unlike the Latin genius loci, and the difficulty of transferring their cult may be seen in the complicated myth that brought Arethusa to Sicily. In the works of the Greek-educated Latin poets, the nymphs gradually absorbed into their ranks the indigenous Italian divinities of springs and streams (Juturna, Egeria, Carmentis, Fontus), while the Lymphae (originally Lumpae), Italian water-goddesses, owing to the accidental similarity of their names, could be identified with the Greek Nymphae. The mythologies of classicizing Roman poets were unlikely to have affected the rites and cult of individual nymphs venerated by country people in the springs and clefts of Latium. Among the Roman literate class, their sphere of influence was restricted, and they appear almost exclusively as divinities of the watery element.

With the term Lukewarm being in part a metaphor of water it would match up perfectly with the nymph Leukothea. I'm surprised nobody has figured it out.

Last edited: May 15, 2017
  3. AACOOLDRE

United States
    Teacher
    Ratings:
    +411
    Colossians 4:14-15 On Nymphs & Lukewarm

14 Our dear friend Luke, the doctor, and Demas send greetings. 15 Give my greetings to the brothers and sisters at Laodicea, and to Nympha and the church in her house.

Bible dictionary says Nymphas means (gift of the nymphs). Nympha isn’t a person but a water-goddess.

Colossians 4:14-15 is actually a clue to what Lukewarm is in Rev 3:14-22. The Bible can be read intertextually for higher meaning

Nymphs are water goddess and Leukothea was white water of the waves/foam the most logical candidate for Lukewarm.

Last month Mark Fairchild in the Biblical Archaelogy Review (March/April edition),discovered

Many Nymphaeums (public fountains) named after Nymps and kings.