Black Education / Schools : Nursing school

Nelly

REGISTERED MEMBER
Dec 23, 2019
I honestly didn't know where else go. I feel I deep dark sadness when i think of returning to nursing school. This semester I failed out of nursing school because, I didnt pass an health assessment evaluation. I over heard of the students saying the teaching aren't grading fairly. I believe it's so. I just have a feeling that something isn't right and I have to go back to that school again this semester. I just want some tips to help me clear my mind. Maybe its fare.....

I honestly didn't know where else go. I feel I deep dark sadness when i think of returning to nursing school. This semester I failed out of nursing school because, I didnt pass an health assessment evaluation. I over heard of the students saying the teaching aren't grading fairly. I believe it's so. I just have a feeling that something isn't right and I have to go back to that school again this semester. I just want some tips to help me clear my mind. Maybe its fare.....

Hello @Nelly! Thanks for joining us! :wave:

I feel your sadness too, through your words, but try not to let it get you all the way down. Be down for a moment, but get right back up! :) Challenge yourself to meet the criteria, whatever has been set! Let your study, work, and determination to excel, exceed any roadblocks in your way. You may always have those rooting against you, hoping, and even conspiring in your failure. That cannot be the reason you stop. Meet that challenge and exceed it! Have them wondering, how did she make it after all we did to stop her! You must enjoy nursing, the idea of helping others, etc., so do not let anyone or anything deny your dream. Get back up, dust yourself off, act like you never fell (or were pushed down), and keep on working! :)

It's hard but you can do it.

Wishing you much success in your studies!

Much Love and Peace.

:heart:

Destee

Hello @Nelly! Thanks for joining us! :wave:

I feel your sadness too, through your words, but try not to let it get you all the way down. Be down for a moment, but get right back up! :) Challenge yourself to meet the criteria, whatever has been set! Let your study, work, and determination to excel, exceed any roadblocks in your way. You may always have those rooting against you, hoping, and even conspiring in your failure. That cannot be the reason you stop. Meet that challenge and exceed it! Have them wondering, how did she make it after all we did to stop her! You must enjoy nursing, the idea of helping others, etc., so do not let anyone or anything deny your dream. Get back up, dust yourself off, act like you never fell (or were pushed down), and keep on working! :)

It's hard but you can do it.

Wishing you much success in your studies!

Much Love and Peace.

:heart:

Destee

Thank you so much for the encouraging words, I truly do love nursing. The school that I choose to go is by far one of the worst school in west Texas. I spoke to one of the student who went there, she said the same thing I was thinking she feels like the school is a bit “bias” against black student.My husband was there as student, they also failed him the week before finial because he wrote the down the time he gave a medicine instead of saying it out loud. He told me, that you basically have to be perfect andbetter than all the rest, to just get by. I’m going back and I’m finishing my semester and I’m applying to another school. They will not hold me back. I would love all the prayers from you guys.
Thank you

I totally understand how you feel as my daughter had a hard time in her school also and then she developed some health issues which made things worse. Don't let any negativity bring you down. Surround yourself with supportive people I'm sure you'll get through your tough times.
But if you truly want to pursue Nursing as a career you must go fr it no matter what. Nursing is a noble profession and you are blessed to have the chance to be one. Go for it :)

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back