Black Sports : Number of African-American baseball players dips again

Baseball is an extremely difficult game to play. There is a reason the salaries there far outpace the other sports. But when the owners abandoned the inner cities, it began the death knell for it as far as blacks are coincerned. It is tied to the civil rights movement.

I did not say it was not difficult, actually only a couple of aspects of it are to a point difficult as I have played the game and that is batting and pitching, the core of the game itself. The rest is not that difficult at all. I just plainly find it boring outside of batting and pitching (playing-wise that is). Strategy is what I was really commenting on, if I wanted strategy to keep me interested then chess is where it is at for me. I realize that all aspects of life require some sort of strategy, but people talk to me like I do not understand strategy just because I do not like baseball.

Although i do not mind going to games, I rarely pay attention to the game itself and enjoy the atmosphere.

I did not say it was not difficult, actually only a couple of aspects of it are to a point difficult as I have played the game and that is batting and pitching, the core of the game itself. The rest is not that difficult at all. I just plainly find it boring outside of batting and pitching (playing-wise that is). Strategy is what I was really commenting on, if I wanted strategy to keep me interested then chess is where it is at for me. I realize that all aspects of life require some sort of strategy, but people talk to me like I do not understand strategy just because I do not like baseball.

Although i do not mind going to games, I rarely pay attention to the game itself and enjoy the atmosphere.

So you think running at full speed, catching a ball, pivotting to throw a guy out from center field when you might run into a wall is easy do you? lol I understand. It's the generational difference. I lettered in three sports. If I could skate, I woulda played hockey too. It's only boring when you have boring people playing it. lol

So you think running at full speed, catching a ball, pivotting to throw a guy out from center field when you might run into a wall is easy do you? lol I understand. It's the generational difference. I lettered in three sports. If I could skate, I woulda played hockey too. It's only boring when you have boring people playing it. lol

lol

I can't skate and I like to watch hockey, I am also less than serviceable (to put it kindly for myself) at basketball but I do not think that is boring. If my train of thought was that I found things boring that I could not do or do well I would probably be able to count on my fingers what I would find interesting in life. Nice try, but as I have stated baseball is boring to me, and notice I never put it out there that is boring in absolute form, just stating my opinion of it. No need to get offended, if that's your bag then that's all you.

lol

I can't skate and I like to watch hockey, I am also less than serviceable (to put it kindly for myself) at basketball but I do not think that is boring. If my train of thought was that I found things boring that I could not do or do well I would probably be able to count on my fingers what I would find interesting in life. Nice try, but as I have stated baseball is boring to me, and notice I never put it out there that is boring in absolute form, just stating my opinion of it. No need to get offended, if that's your bag then that's all you.

There are Black people that watch hockey!?! (just kiddin'!) contrary to what some may think baseball is boring to watch and not nearly as interesting as the other 2 major sports to play!! The first organized sport that I learned to play was baseball because it was what all boys in my family played. I have 2 close family members who played some pro (minor league) ball and a friend who pitched in the majors off and on. Unless it's the playoffs, none of us even watch the game anymore because as you said, unless your batting or pitching............BORING!!!! I got tickets (15 rows in just off homebase) to the Dodgers vs the giants in a few weeks and I'm still not sure if I'm going or giving them to one of the few real baseball fans that I know!

I usually use baseball or golf when I need to take a nap! Oddly, I'd rather play golf than baseball.

lol

No offense taken

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back