Black People : Numéro Magazine Apologizes For White Model In Blackface For “African Queen” Editorial

Enki

The Evolved Amphibian
REGISTERED MEMBER
Aug 27, 2010
The Third Plane of Existence
Occupation
Civil Eng.
tumblr_inline_mir4wkv3OC1qz4rgp1.jpg

Some people have declared that they have been offended by the publication in Numéro Magazine n°141 of March 2013, of an editorial realized by the photographer Sebastian Kim called “African Queen”, featuring the American model Ondria Hardin posing as an “African queen,” her skin painted in black. The artistic statement of the photographer Sebastian Kim, author of this editorial, is in line with his previous photographic creations, which insist on the melting pot and the mix of cultures, the exact opposite of any skin color based discrimination. Numéro has always supported the artistic freedom of the talented photographers who work with the magazine to illustrate its pages, and has not took part in the creation process of this editorial.
http://live.drjays.com/index.php/20...del-in-blackface-for-african-queen-editorial/

This issue is what I and others were trying to convey to certain members about race, and the fashion magazine industry. What? They could not have found a black model to be an "original" African queen?

Like these...

images

images

images

Any one of these sistas look better than this white thang painted brown to perpetrate a fraud.

Peace!

Noll, they juss offered the usual apology of "I didn't mean to offend". The guy that shot the photo was Asian, funny how insensitive he was of another race. He said he had nothing to do with the title, don't he know what painting a white to look black means?

Peace!

I'm sick of apologies when Asians create sick media against blacks.

African modeling should be run by Africans... not some Asian fetishizing over a white female he can't even satisfy.

The Asian race needs to wake up... unless you have blond hair, blue eyes and pale skin (like the very fools they keep worshipping), you are not worth anything to the white man.

In the world of the Aryan, the order of humanity is like this: 1) White 2) Asian (if you act like a horrifically self-righteous sellout), 3) Hispanic and other Mud Races and then 4) Black.

We are LUCKY to be Number 4 from a race that is responsible for carnage.

Anyways, as I have stated before when it comes to Asians or anything non-black, you suckle the money from them (with media that meets their ridiculous brainwashed standards) and then give back to OUR communities. We need to become Black Robin Hoods to get ourselves to move ahead!

If you work with a **** Asian, give him his blond hair-blue eyed anime... and then take his money and feed a poor inner-city kid!

My husband and I have done this with NO GUILT. I want more of us to do the same!

The only way I would support this is if it were an African that did this trying to prove the same "Eurocentric [blacks ain't worth nothing]" point. And then she should give all of the earnings to the nations that suffering the most... those that have OUR HUE.

So, while I would support (and even consider running a petition), I think the only true way to fight back is to create stupid media, but pocket the money to create better media that is for ourselves exclusively!

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back