Black People : Numéro Magazine Apologizes For White Model In Blackface For “African Queen” Editorial

Enki

The Evolved Amphibian
STAFF
Aug 27, 2010
The Third Plane of Existence
Occupation
Civil Eng.

Some people have declared that they have been offended by the publication in Numéro Magazine n°141 of March 2013, of an editorial realized by the photographer Sebastian Kim called “African Queen”, featuring the American model Ondria Hardin posing as an “African queen,” her skin painted in black. The artistic statement of the photographer Sebastian Kim, author of this editorial, is in line with his previous photographic creations, which insist on the melting pot and the mix of cultures, the exact opposite of any skin color based discrimination. Numéro has always supported the artistic freedom of the talented photographers who work with the magazine to illustrate its pages, and has not took part in the creation process of this editorial.
http://live.drjays.com/index.php/20...del-in-blackface-for-african-queen-editorial/

This issue is what I and others were trying to convey to certain members about race, and the fashion magazine industry. What? They could not have found a black model to be an "original" African queen?

Like these...

Any one of these sistas look better than this white thang painted brown to perpetrate a fraud.

Peace!

Thelma Jackson-Smith

Jun 24, 2012
I'm sick of apologies when Asians create sick media against blacks.

African modeling should be run by Africans... not some Asian fetishizing over a white female he can't even satisfy.

The Asian race needs to wake up... unless you have blond hair, blue eyes and pale skin (like the very fools they keep worshipping), you are not worth anything to the white man.

In the world of the Aryan, the order of humanity is like this: 1) White 2) Asian (if you act like a horrifically self-righteous sellout), 3) Hispanic and other Mud Races and then 4) Black.

We are LUCKY to be Number 4 from a race that is responsible for carnage.

Anyways, as I have stated before when it comes to Asians or anything non-black, you suckle the money from them (with media that meets their ridiculous brainwashed standards) and then give back to OUR communities. We need to become Black Robin Hoods to get ourselves to move ahead!

If you work with a **** Asian, give him his blond hair-blue eyed anime... and then take his money and feed a poor inner-city kid!

My husband and I have done this with NO GUILT. I want more of us to do the same!

The only way I would support this is if it were an African that did this trying to prove the same "Eurocentric [blacks ain't worth nothing]" point. And then she should give all of the earnings to the nations that suffering the most... those that have OUR HUE.

So, while I would support (and even consider running a petition), I think the only true way to fight back is to create stupid media, but pocket the money to create better media that is for ourselves exclusively!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Spirituality Religion : US evangelical magazine calls for removal of 'grossly immoral' Trump Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 4
jamesfrmphilly Black People Politics : o-magazine-tackles-race Black People Politics 4
1 Steals and Deals : Fashion Magazine For Men Shopping - Steals and Deals! 1
jamesfrmphilly Black Entertainment : urban-magazine Black Entertainment 0
Al D Black People : How a Young African Entrepreneur Started Her Own Magazine Black People Open Forum 0
Liberty Black Entertainment : Black Hollywood Live & Uptown Magazine Partner To Create A Multi-Level Platform For Brands! Black Entertainment 0
nilevalley Black People : After this Mad Magazine has my nod for the Pulitzer Prize! Black People Open Forum 2
jamesfrmphilly Beauty - Hair Care - Fashion : new-natural-hair-magazine-launches Beauty - Black Hair Care - Fashion 2
Liberty Black Positive People : African American Chess Champion Honored on Cover of Top Magazine Black People Doing Positive Things 2
jamesfrmphilly Black Entertainment : zendaya-shuts-magazine-down-for-photoshopping-her-pics Black Entertainment 11
jamesfrmphilly Beauty - Hair Care - Fashion : AfroStyle magazine..... Beauty - Black Hair Care - Fashion 522
OldSoul OldSoul : The Case for Reparations - Atlantic Magazine Editor Ta-Nehisi Coates OldSoul 12
shaka64 Black People : Jet magazine to stop print publication Black People Open Forum 3
Black-king Black Hebrew Israelites : Vice Magazine are scared liars Black Hebrew Israelites Study Group 3
shaka64 Black Education / Schools : The Crisis: A Record of the Darker Races - NAACP Magazine (1910 - 1922 All Issues) Black Education / Schools 23
Destee Black Entertainment : Jada Pinkett-Smith Asks If Essence Magazine Should Feature White Women On The Cover Black Entertainment 2
A Black People : New billboard magazine rules marginalize R&B and rap artists? Black People Open Forum 0
legit-writer Black People : Placing An Ad in a Book/Magazine Black People Open Forum 4
Each1teach1 Black People : Time Magazine Dec Issue Censored in America Black People Open Forum 3
Gorilla Science and Technology : CarrierIQ: Analytical Rootkit (Via Wired Magazine) Science and Technology 2
Gorilla Science and Technology : Dawn of the BioHackers (Via Discover Magazine) Science and Technology 1
S Destee Network : Drumtide Magazine: An Afro cultural, Sociopolitical and Arts Magazine Destee Network : 0
Ankhur Black People : Is this magazine Racist - TheNation ??? Black People Open Forum 12
S Black Authors : Black literary magazine needs submissions Short Stories - Authors - Writing 16
S Black Positive People : 50 years of Jet magazine covers.. Black People Doing Positive Things 9
S Black People : 1924 Time Magazine article on Marcus Garvey Black People Open Forum 5
jamesfrmphilly Black People : studies on brainwashing frm SCIENCE magazine Black People Open Forum 12
cherryblossom Black People : Will Ebony Magazine Die? Black People Open Forum 11
river Black Women : Those of You Who Read Essence Magazine Black Women 5
H Black People Politics : Magazine Covers –Drooling McCain vs Muslim Obama Black People Politics 2
E Black People : Who Owns Mic Magazine? Black People Open Forum 2
F Black Positive People : Online Men's Magazine Announces Relaunch of Popular Site Black People Doing Positive Things 0
C Black Authors : Creative Brother's Sci-Fi Magazine Short Stories - Authors - Writing 0
D Black Entertainment : Talking Tyra Banks in SHAPE Magazine.She is-not-fat!!!!! Black Entertainment 0
King Tubbs Black Entertainment : Roy Innis Alarmed by Quote of Kanye West in December 2006 Issue of Essence Magazine Black Entertainment 6
C Black Education / Schools : Free Black College Guide Available - Courtesy of EBONY Magazine Black Education / Schools 0
D Black People : Time magazine: The Meaning of White Black People Open Forum 8
jamesfrmphilly Black Spirituality Religion : scientific american magazine oct 2005 p83 Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 2
R Black Money Business Jobs : Black Enterprise Magazine Guide to Building Wealth Black Money Business Jobs 3
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : Time magazine attack on black leaders AACOOLDRE 0
N Destee Network : Midwest Online Hip Hop Magazine Destee Network : 1
M Destee Network : Online magazine - Poets/Visual Artists/Authors/Lyricists Destee Network : 3
M Destee Network : New issue of Profound Word Magazine... Destee Network : 5
M Destee Network : New issue of Profound Word Magazine... Destee Network : 0
M Black People : Check out the newest issue of Profound Word Magazine!!! Black People Open Forum 1
Clyde C Coger Jr South Africa : Billionaire apologizes for telling Trump 'Africa loves you' South Africa 0
OldSoul Black People : Belgium Prime Minister Apologizes To African Nations For Kidnapping And Deporting Children Black People Open Forum 2
Destee Black People Politics : Joy Reid Apologizes for 10 Year Old Insensitive LGBT Blog Post(s) Black People Politics 0
jamesfrmphilly Law Forum : head-of-police-chiefs-apologizes Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 1
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Entertainment : Pharrell’s Grammy Bellboy Outfit Prompts Jokes, Slurs; Zach Braff Apologizes Black Entertainment 0