Black People : NSA Taps in to Systems of Google, Facebook, Apple and others, Secret Files Reveal

Alarm Clock

REGISTERED MEMBER
May 6, 2013
The National Security Agency has obtained direct access to the systems of Google, Facebook, Apple and other US internet giants, according to a top secret document obtained by the Guardian.
The NSA access is part of a previously undisclosed program called PRISM, which allows officials to collect material including search history, the content of emails, file transfers and live chats, the document says.
The Guardian has verified the authenticity of the document, a 41-slide PowerPoint presentation – classified as top secret with no distribution to foreign allies – which was apparently used to train intelligence operatives on the capabilities of the program. The document claims "collection directly from the servers" of major US service providers.
Although the presentation claims the program is run with the assistance of the companies, all those who responded to a Guardian request for comment on Thursday denied knowledge of any such program.
In a statement, Google said: "Google cares deeply about the security of our users' data. We disclose user data to government in accordance with the law, and we review all such requests carefully. From time to time, people allege that we have created a government 'back door' into our systems, but Google does not have a back door for the government to access private user data." http://www.commondreams.org/headline/2013/06/07

Honey1201

REGISTERED MEMBER
Mar 11, 2013
I thought they always did this. Before the internet when people went to the library I believe they had a similar system.

Alarm Clock

REGISTERED MEMBER
May 6, 2013
I thought they always did this. Before the internet when people went to the library I believe they had a similar system.
No there were very real was on the books to not monitor what you read or researched!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Gorilla Science and Technology : How to Protect Yourself from NSA Attacks on 1024-bit DH Science and Technology 1
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : The NSA in the Times of the Bible AACOOLDRE 0
crwn Science and Technology : Leaked NSA Documents Reveal The Best Way To Stay Anonymous Online Science and Technology 1
Gorilla Science and Technology : Prying Eyes: Inside the NSA's War on Internet Security Science and Technology 2
RAPTOR Black People : "Collect It All": Glenn Greenwald on NSA Bugging Tech Hardware, Economic Espionage & Spying on U.N. Black People Open Forum 0
RAPTOR Black People : Mandela: NSA, FBI, DIA Sued over Refusal to Disclose U.S. Role in Imprisonment of Mandela Black People Open Forum 1
Keita Kenyatta Black People : NSA carves pathway into international computers: Black People Open Forum 0
jamesfrmphilly Computers - Software Hardware : NSA intercepts computer deliveries to plant spyware Science and Technology 0
jamesfrmphilly Phones and Apps : NSA developed software for backdoor access to iPhones Science and Technology 7
RAPTOR Black People : WikiLeaks' Julian Assange Calls on Computer Hackers to Unite Against NSA Surveillance Black People Open Forum 0
Gorilla Black People : The Guardian: NSA files decoded Black People Open Forum 0
ru2religious Black People : Rethinking my position on NSA Spying!!! Black People Open Forum 8
thePreacher Black People : Why is there so little objection to Destee's openly pro-NSA stance? Black People Open Forum 4
Gorilla Black People : BBC - Mass protests planned over web NSA spying revelations Black People Open Forum 0
Alarm Clock Black People : NSA has been blackmailing Supreme Court judges, members of Congress and more Black People Open Forum 15
Destee Black People : Is There Anything UnderGround - Private - With the NSA Monitoring All Lines of Communication? Black People Open Forum 16
RAPTOR Black People Politics : NSA Whistleblower Edward Snowden Says He Acted to Alert Public of Privacy Breaches Black People Politics 4
Gorilla Computers - Software Hardware : EFF - NSA Domestic Spying Timeline Science and Technology 0
Ankhur Black People : NSA seeks Private-public partnership regarding internet snooping? Black People Open Forum 1
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : Flint Water Crisis and Gov. Snyder - Michigan - Taps Restored Black People Politics 150
$$RICH$$ Black Poetry : twisted rap taps at me Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 14
M Black Poetry : ~I Taps My Feet~ Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 8
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : Comparing Two Typology (Typecasting) systems AACOOLDRE 0
Shalai Black Spirituality Religion : Traditional African belief systems Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 3
RAPTOR Black Spirituality Religion : "False doctrines"? Can you name several of them where religion or 'belief systems are concerned? Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 24
Mad Skillz Black People Politics : Dr. Tommy Curry says blacks need to address political and social systems to impact true change Black People Politics 1
Gorilla Computers - Software Hardware : Deconstructing Recommender Systems Science and Technology 1
kamau makesi-tehuti Black Spirituality Religion : FREE EVENT IN DC--Sacred Healing Circle for ALL Trad. Afrikan Spiritual Systems Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 0
RAPTOR Pan Africanism : Runoko Rashidi: Untouchables In India - Caste Systems In India African American History Culture 0
Gorilla Computers - Software Hardware : DIY Computer Science (Learning Community): The Elements of Computing Systems Science and Technology 1
Omowale Jabali Omowale Jabali : A Study of the Traditional Systems of African Servitude Omowale Jabali 6
D Africa : African Writing Systems All Things Africa 1
Onyemobi Black Spirituality Religion : What Divination Systems Do You Use? Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 42
skuderjaymes Black People : black artists and white-controlled systems of approval Black People Open Forum 70
tyab14 Black Spirituality Religion : Change Our Life Through the Calendar and Time Systems Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 12
Knowledge Seed Black Spirituality Religion : How are jinns/genies viewed in African Spiritual Systems? Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 4
jamesfrmphilly Black Spirituality Religion : black spiritual systems Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 30
kemetkind African Traditional Religion : Black/African Understanding of Spiritual Belief Systems African Traditional Religion Study Group 80
Isaiah Pan-Africanism : WHAT AFRICAN DIASPORANS NEED TO KNOW ABOUT THE CONTINENTAL AFRICAN VALUE SYSTEMS. Pan-Africanism - African Diaspora 18
jamesfrmphilly Africa : are there any African martial arts systems? All Things Africa 18
Isaiah Africa : AFRICAN WRITTING SYSTEMS! All Things Africa 4