Gun Ownership : NRA - National Rifle Association

Discussion in 'Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership' started by lilpea, Aug 3, 2012.

1. lilpea

lilpea Moderator STAFF

United States
    Sep 8, 2005
    +343 / -0
    Greetings Family....

I was reading the "Walton Henry Butler Thread" and came across Russel Simmons "The NRA Ain't gonna punk me out" via . Now, after reading the artical..I went on to read what the bloggers had to say...and as u can expect the Pro NRA folk came out of the woodworks talking about the 2nd amendment.

Amendment II
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed

I want to get a clear understanding as to what u would call a militia....especially a well regulated one is? If your are talking about those back in 1776 "Minute Men"...I believe you would call them the National Guard today. Merriam-Webster's Collegiate Dictionary 10th Edition=National Guard is 1 : a military establishment serving as a national constabulary and defense force. 2 cap : a militia force recruited by each state of the U.S. , equipped by the federal government, and jointly maintained subject to the call of either.

Now lets look at militia...militia= 1 a : a part of an organized armed forces of a country liable to call only in emergency b : a body of citizens organized for military service. 2 : the whole body of able-bodied male citizens declared by law as being subject to called to military service.

Now my question is...Just who is going to call who to service...not the States..they have the National Guard...not the Government...they have the Armed forces they have 4 branches plus the national and coast guard... So who is going to call these good citizens to action so they can have their own militia.
    Or maybe just maybe these good citizens want to someday take over the Government.....there will be lot of cold dead hands then..don't you think? And believe me that's not funny. And I know this is just speculation on my part.

I have more to say...but I want to hear from some of you on this subject.