Black People : Now Can I Talk To Human Resources?

if i get fired, even though i did what i was supposed to do, then i might get an attorney. i dunno. however i came to work yesterday, and i asked one of the co workers there who was it that said that stuff about me that is not true, and she said that she doesn't know and if she did she coudln't tell me, and she was rambling on trying to basically look like she didnt do it, but its obvious she was one of the people behind it. and what truly confirmed it was 15 minutes later, the branch manager i guess drove to the library and called me into her office only to tell me that i dont need to be 'making others uncomfortable' by asking them such questions that i asked yesterday and if i want to talk to someone, talk to human resources monday. after that i told her that all i want to do is come and work and go home without being harassed. and she said that if that is my goal that we should be fine and there should be no problems. then after that i went back to work and i was basically short and i realize i got a lot more work done than normal by just not talking to anyone for real. then a couple of co workers want to get all a s s kissy saying "i appreciate your hard work today" and "you did great today" and i just said thanks and kept on stepping. you never know who truly is out to get you in trouble, so really i trust no one on that job, no matter how 'nice' they come across.

You sound like me, I like to be challenged too. But jobs/work is not about challenges, or boredom or growth. It about work and following the dictatorship that each job is. I had to learn the hard way. Hopefully you can modify your thought process and expectation here and make it easy on yourself.

Again I'm with you. I used to help anybody that needed help and still was able to perform my job function at a high level. I was told helping those people was not my job. I've seen the same thing and experienced the same thing. I see people talking, talking, talking about nothing. Then when someone asks me a work related question, I got accused of talking lol. You're helpful by nature and not an A-hole, but you're going to have to direct these people to the boss. If you get fired these people that were asking you question, won't be there to help you when you're fired. If you going to focus on who's talking and why they are talking, you're fighting a losing battle. Management knows what's going on, and they seem fine with it. If you want the job, you will do what they ask you, nothing more nothing less. It sounds cruel but it's real. Like I said I learned the hard way. That's why I hate jobs. Work/jobs are not there to make you comfortable. You would think they would, so as to get a better performance from employees, but that's not the case.

Be the bigger person here. Don't sweat those conversations. Yes it pissed me off to watch things go on the way they did. But jobs/work don't care what you think. You just do what you can do perform at a high level. If you're looking for challenges, no boredom and growth, you might have to do it elsewhere.

I feel you trust me, it sounds just like things that happened to me over my work history. They don't care what you did in the past. Maybe they saw you were growing and gaining. And they pulled you from that to keep you stagnant. So you DON'T grow. Jobs/work (not all) are based on redundancy and repetition. Hopefully you can pay your bills and live comfortable, because I the rest you desire you will have to do on your own.

Is anything I commented on in your other thread becoming more clearer now?

f i get fired, even though i did what i was supposed to do, then i might get an attorney.
I hear you. You know the situation better than any of us because you're living it. I feel if the job ever was confronted with a suit, they will just say you were fired for "poor job performance". That's why they write people up all the time. This is all very calculated.

if i get fired, even though i did what i was supposed to do, then i might get an attorney. i dunno. however i came to work yesterday, and i asked one of the co workers there who was it that said that stuff about me that is not true, and she said that she doesn't know and if she did she coudln't tell me, and she was rambling on trying to basically look like she didnt do it, but its obvious she was one of the people behind it. and what truly confirmed it was 15 minutes later, the branch manager i guess drove to the library and called me into her office only to tell me that i dont need to be 'making others uncomfortable' by asking them such questions that i asked yesterday and if i want to talk to someone, talk to human resources monday. after that i told her that all i want to do is come and work and go home without being harassed. and she said that if that is my goal that we should be fine and there should be no problems. then after that i went back to work and i was basically short and i realize i got a lot more work done than normal by just not talking to anyone for real. then a couple of co workers want to get all a s s kissy saying "i appreciate your hard work today" and "you did great today" and i just said thanks and kept on stepping. you never know who truly is out to get you in trouble, so really i trust no one on that job, no matter how 'nice' they come across.

You might get an attorney, if you get fired, and you have nothing but your word?

Even if you had more than your word ... and with an attorney ... proving racial discrimination on the job is not a walk in the park.

There's so much smoke and mirrors, they got us saying there is no such thing as racism, white people love me, and i love them.

What you're experiencing is what most Black People live with all their life, seething inside of them, at least the one's with jobs!

The rest of us are out here just hoping we can get a job, so we can have that same seething mistreatment festering in us.

But at least we'll be able to eat ... have a place to stay ... pay our taxes.

I don't mean to be insensitive, but it's just the way it is ... and collectively ... it's the majority experience for us all.

Welcome to the Club ... :love:

Love You and Good Luck ... whatever you decide to do ... SURVIVE ... PLEASE SURVIVE ... for it's meant to kill you.

:heart:

Destee

I'd rather just be looking for another job, putting in resumes, and/or asking around for other openings somewhere else. Keep a 2 week notice around. Believe me, this will flare up again. Been there and done it, but the only difference, it was a black sister and her sister that set me up to be fired because she wantd her sister to have my job.

what do you do when you know you work where you know you aren't wanted or welcomed and you feel they are trying to find reasons to fire you, when you and God knows deep down in your soul that you are doing your best to be a great employee and do the job you are supposed to do, as well as going the extra mile, and you do not feel listened to?

1. Calm down and realize you are probably overly paranoid

2. Request a transfer

3. Continue to be professional

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Destee wrote on Cindy's profile.
Hi @Cindy .... :wave: ... :flowers: ... :wave: ... Happy New Year Beloved! Welcome Home! Good to see you! Much Much Love and Peace :heart:
Back