Black People : Now Can I Talk To Human Resources?

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by legit-writer, Mar 9, 2012.

1. legit-writer

legit-writer Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,189
    what do you do when you know you work where you know you aren't wanted or welcomed and you feel they are trying to find reasons to fire you, when you and God knows deep down in your soul that you are doing your best to be a great employee and do the job you are supposed to do, as well as going the extra mile, and you do not feel listened to?

2. MsVeraisblessed

MsVeraisblessed Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1,148
    Prepare thyself for another job,...put in thy weeks notice,... conversate with the higher person on this matter and let them know, Thy is not having it...( don't know if its you or you implementing someone else) but yeah,...that would be the way...

3. legit-writer

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,189
    yes . no matter how hard i work, they come up with something or another. istormed out i was that fed up.

4. MsVeraisblessed

MsVeraisblessed Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1,148
    That happened at my old job when i was working at this retail store. Co-workers was always starting rumors abot a particular employee and it got out of hand and she ended up quitting, just walked right out..no word, note, text , no nothing,..the boss called her at home and the next thing i knew, she (boss) was on a firing mission,..people that started that rumor got fired, she (the one that walked out) got her job back, and a whole new crew got hired with new rules.

5. noor100

noor100 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +566
    Do what is best for you...you sound like such a sweet person I sure don't think its you.

6. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    what do you do.............

stay alert to any form of racism

contact HR...if nothing done call top corporate

prepare self for something else / while jobs are still in a shell and hard to come by
    don't give up your job until you in a win win sector to get the same

sometime we face these feelings and emotion because where and who we work for
    I've been on this road more then once and know what it feel like to be that target

stay strong in your stance , do what you must and have to and keep your head up high
    these jobs seek ways to cut/fire and move people out and make it seem like it was not
    them but the employee....

Employee rights in plain English. Employee rights topics: unemployment, wrongful termination,
    overtime, minimum wage, sexual harassment, drug testing, hostile ...

Don't be discriminated !

7. legit-writer

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,189
    how can i tell it is racism....it is my word against theirs

8. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    sometime sistah discrimination & racism will present itself in ways to where you can
    note it as it unfold/ capture it in motion /written backward documents and some time
    the timing of and how they do and treat other employees.....watch for signs!

keep smiling and hold ya head up.

9. legit-writer

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,189
    i have been smiling and doing my best all this time, and i am tired. i was in tears today and i stormed out. i am sick of being picked on and singled out. high school is done and over with. we are adults. stop with the bullsh**already. grow up is what i need to tell them. i even told them that if i am such a horrible employee, then why am i still here working for them and if they want me gone, they why don't they just fire me today. they just looked at me with a dumbfounded look, saying they said no such thing, and i told them that they do not have to say it. its how they are going about things and how every little thing I do, they maximize it into something that it is not, saying my work is not up to par. she even said that i have to be the best in order to even have a chance to move up and that anyone would want my job in order to move up to the next level and that if she did not want me there, we would not have been sitting there having this conversation, when they both basically ambushed me and wrote me up. also she keeps saying that other employes are conceding with the two who ambushed me today, with bull sh** that isnt true, once again maximizing every little thing I do. the supervisor even said that if i do not feel like coming in tomorrow then i know her cell phone number and how to reach her. and saying that if she do not see any changes my consequences will be dismissal. that was when i walked out, and told them both to have a good weekend. i told my friends and my mom about the comment my supervisor made about if i do not feel like coming in tomorrow to let her know and they all said the same exact thing "Oh sh** she is setting you up to not want to come in so she can give you a real good reason to fire you" I am extremely pissed off right now and thinking that if HR wont do anything, i will consult an attorney because in the end, it isnt about the job, it is about my reputation, and they may try and stink my reputation up so bad that i cannot find a decent job which will mean another black girl, out there with no work, looking like she has no potential for growth. and i have not been this pissed in a very long time. they will see the b i t c h come out tomorrow. Sorry for rambling on, but right now i am extremely heated.

10. Keita Kenyatta

Keita Kenyatta going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3,382
    I had a job like that. I was the only person there who did not speak spanish. They spoke english too but not around me. That was cultural discrimination I was going through...plus to top it off, the job really set me up because I became their supervisor. They said that I was the first black person to have that position in over 8 years. Ok, goody for me...yeah, right. I learned the hard way that my being in that position and my working there was viewed as if I was taking food out of one of their relatives mouths because any job that is spanish dominated means that 2/3s of them are related/family. Before I left there I hemmed up the spanish guy that they were afraid of and that they looked at as their leader. I used to use my phone and record their conversations and then have another spanish guy from the hood tell me what was being said. I had to stop that because I knew that I was just looking for an excuse to do some damage on that job....and if my passport had been ready back then I would have.

Advice: Leave it alone if possible and just do you and do you the best that you can.