Omowale Jabali

The Cosmic Journeyman
REGISTERED MEMBER
Sep 29, 2005
Temple of Kali, Yubaland
Occupation
Creative Industrialist
Section: Vocabulary to the Theban Recension

khem= to burn, shrine, to be ignorant, to put an end to, unknown is his name.

khem= an ignorant man.

khem= to overthrow, destroy.

khemiu, khemit= overthrower, those who overthrow, destructions.

Khemi+ the name of one of the Forty-two Judges in the Hall of Osiris.

khema= to lay hold of, to seize and carry off.

khemau= snatchers, seizers.

khemenu=eitht, eighth

Khemenu= the gods of the Company of Thoth who dwelt at hermopolis.

Khemenu= the city of the Eight Gods, Hermopolis.

khemt= to think, to know, to intend. is sometimes written by mistake for.

khemt= the god of thought.

Question:

Where is there reference to khem, kem, kemet, khemit, etc meaning "land of the Blacks" or anything to that effect?

If the definitions to the root form of the word "khem" is the correct spelling, this has some deeper implications for one who identifies as "Khem-etic".

omowalejabali said:
Section: Vocabulary to the Theban Recension

khem= to burn, shrine, to be ignorant, to put an end to, unknown is his name.

khem= an ignorant man.

khem= to overthrow, destroy.

khemiu, khemit= overthrower, those who overthrow, destructions.

Khemi+ the name of one of the Forty-two Judges in the Hall of Osiris.

khema= to lay hold of, to seize and carry off.

khemau= snatchers, seizers.

khemenu=eitht, eighth

Khemenu= the gods of the Company of Thoth who dwelt at hermopolis.

Khemenu= the city of the Eight Gods, Hermopolis.

khemt= to think, to know, to intend. is sometimes written by mistake for.

khemt= the god of thought.

Question:

Where is there reference to khem, kem, kemet, khemit, etc meaning "land of the Blacks" or anything to that effect?

If the definitions to the root form of the word "khem" is the correct spelling, this has some deeper implications for one who identifies as "Khem-etic".

There are several references to,

Kemt=the "black land", i.e. Egypt

kem= to make an end of, to finish; black

Also,

Kenset=Nubia, Ta Sti="land of the bow", Nubia

Khepsh=Kush or Habesh

Kep-Kep=Nubia

As one can see, the words used to describe/name "Egypt", "Kush" and "Egypt" are very much different.

Therefore, it is inaccurate to describe the people of Kush (Khepsh) or Nubia (Kenset, Ta Sti) as "Kemetic"). And in the ancient texts a distinction definitely was made.

Also, those who assert that the "habesha" were asiatic or outsiders, not according to the Hieroglyps. They were in fact from "Khepsh", i.e. Kush.

Here is an example from An Egyptian Hieroglyphic Dictionary, Vol. II by E.A. Wallis Budge on page 787. This word "kami-t" means "books of the Black Land", or in other words, "Kemetic Literature". Hopefully I can scan the actual word for Egypt later when I get home for you. It is pretty much the same, being "Kam-t"

http://img450.imageshack.us/img450/1406/booksoftheblacklandzn2.jpg

ShemsiEnTehuti said:
Here is an example from An Egyptian Hieroglyphic Dictionary, Vol. II by E.A. Wallis Budge on page 787. This word "kami-t" means "books of the Black Land", or in other words, "Kemetic Literature". Hopefully I can scan the actual word for Egypt later when I get home for you. It is pretty much the same, being "Kam-t"

http://img450.imageshack.us/img450/1406/booksoftheblacklandzn2.jpg

Is there another source other than Budge who establishes this while comprehensively translating other words in a similar manner?

Surely, from reading seperate texts such as th Hieroglyphic Vocabulary to the Book of the Dead (topic of this thread) there are similar words with quite different meaning.

Note:

Now the problem I have is with what I refer to as "selective utilization" of Budge's works.

On one hand, Budge is used as a reference to prove that "kemet" means "land of the blacks" but then there is a disassociation from Budge when it comes to his credibility on other subject material.

This leads to an inconsistency depending upon one's subjective bias.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back