Black People : Notes From A Bunker On Rolling Hills

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by sundiata, Jun 2, 2003.

1. sundiata

sundiata Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    On The One Hundred Anniversary Of The Souls Of Blackfolk

Beloved, I have moved yet once again. This time, I have completely stolen myself away, back to my bunker that lies hidden within this city, twice-built on seven rolling hills of ash. Although the eerie cries of these cremated remains, born of whip and lash, or rope and fire, often beset my humble abode, echoing their weary mystic incantations, still, it is much better for me this way. For, at times like these, with this toxic mix of imperialist foreign aggression, and aggressive White supremacy, I’d much rather prefer to remain reclusive, behind the piles of sandbags that today adorn my door.

One ever feels his two-oneness. Two warring ideals, in one dark body? It is perhaps a dual dilemma. A double-consciousness? Here is Dubois’ veil. But it is set upon a totally different paradigm. Here the dual schizophrenic pathology, seeking a savior outside itself, and yearning forever to fully acculturate White values, is replaced by something informed upon a deeper more individual level. It is the daily sense of alienation from one’s own place of birth. It is the eternal menticide, in the only land many of us have ever known. Racism [menticide] has a somewhat deformed social construct. It is like the sibling that we treat like a monster, and hide in the basement. We all know that it is there, but on a blatant Amerikan stage, ‘we really not supposed to talk about it!’ Yet, there are times in the continuing life of this nation, when to be born Black, and in Amerika, is to be born with a gun pointed directly at one’s head. Most likely it is a shotgun, leaving little possibility of tracing the bullet. The conscious Black man or Black woman, lives with at least the barest measure of eternal vigilance, acknowledging at least at some level, that a war has indeed been enjoined. And it is a ‘total war!’ Kept now, like most of Amerika, in mental bondage, Blackfolk live with a double-consciousness, and a two-oness yes! But, it is the duality of seeking simply to be a passive member of a beloved community, while having to hold one’s tongue against the too often daily re-telling of an awfully painful lie. All the while making one’s living, washing one’s hands in the worship of someone else’s Ancestors. It is the two-oneness of mental servitude, or self-conscious man or womanhood. To remain forever mum while watching a life-long charade. It is the cry of that Ancestor that resides deep down inside each and every one of us, yearning to recall a uniquely brutal middle passage episode. During that horrible season of rupture. When they first scorched the Earth for us. Like a child being stolen away from its mother, that Inner Ancestor cries out at us in bitter agony. Yes, it is the very question of Slavery or Freedom. Of whether one fights to be the only care-taker of their soul, or lives a life never to have answered that lingering question of identity,-------‘who am I?’ It is an epic struggle deep down inside a brutally war-torn people, who have faced enourmous trauma, seeking to recapture their stolen memory.

As the possibility looms that we may enter into yet another season of death and dying, no one will ask us if we will die first, and in the greatest number, but yet again we will. And we shall have to ask ourselves over and over again, these lingering questions of identity, and continue to fight a higher sense of this dual dilemma. But, it is of a deeper soul yearning for a life of true freedom (psychological and economic). Not simply a desire to truly acculturate, and to be fully accepted for doing so, into a still somewhat alien and vacant Euro centric cultural worldview. That will never make you whole! It is still about a ‘foot upon a neck’. And, I summit to say, it is the two-oneness of Negro-ness versus New Afrikaness. It is best understood in the context of colonialism. But, as we journey within, and discover that Ancestor inside of ourselves, we will find a whole other conscious level deep within us. It is here for us as a sort of doorway also, and that Inner Ancestor, is also our guide.

2. NNQueen

NNQueen going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,869
    Hi sundiata and welcome to our forums. This is a very interesting piece and very "deep."

I notice this is your very first post here so you might not have taken the time to review the forum rules. If you are not the original author of this material, you need to either get permission from the originator to post it here or you can provide a brief quote from the information then include a link to where the reader can visit for the entire article. Please check our forum rules for detailed instructions on what to do and edit the information appropriately.

Thanks for your cooperation and we hope you enjoy your experience here.

Peace :)

3. sundiata

sundiata Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    i am the original author, and i have read the rules

4. NNQueen

NNQueen going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,869
    Thank you sundiata....and again, welcome... :)

5. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    very interesting piece ......thanks for sharing

6. sundiata

sundiata Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    it is one of those books that i have stayed on my book shelf for years. i remember starting it once.

7. happy69

happy69 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5
    Beautiful-

but i have reconciled... i am but one, black and american--- both equally as powerful inside of me... my skin may relegate me to the margins in the minds of the weak, but within the context of that which is me, it is my armour- bright and shining....

it is my beauty that they want to destroy.... i'm still right here

8. sundiata

sundiata Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    Beloved,

i am one who cannot at this time see any room for that kind of reconciliation on this amerikan wasteland. malcom is the father of my ideas. i am not an afrikan amerikan. - 'just because the cat has kittens in the oven, it does'nt make them biscuts!' 'being here don't make me an amerikan!' 'i am a victim of amerikanism!' ' amerika, is the negation of who i am!' 'afrika, is the afirmation of who i am!' i am an afrikan who happens to be born and lives in amerika! today i live inside a bunker, twice-built on 7 rolling hills of ash.