Black People : Not What I Can Do: What We Can Accomplish-!

chuck

REGISTERED MEMBER
Aug 9, 2003
I'd really like to know and understand what the following words mean to you:

Activist...

Intellectual...

Commitment...

Involvement...

In all due candor and honesty as well as respect:

Time and again, an incident--a confict--etc., has--yes-- led to people saying things, but expecting others to actually do something about it?

Afterwards, some feel as though--well--'why did I even bother to', others berate or chide alleged or real leaders who failed to live up to their expectations...

Yes, do believe me, when I also say and write that I both feel and hear yah, because I've 'been there/done that', too...

But, since I'm also an ally (if not a friend--at least not yet). I gotta kinda sorta remind yah of this too, i. e., the difference between short term expectations, as opposed to long range goals and/or objectives...

First of all:

The commercial mainstream media is in the business to make money (not make a difference), i. e., a lot of our folk continue to depend of the talk shows and/or TV news programs to find out what is what--who is who--whereas the private sector supports whatever the public one is into as a given...

They are out to defend their status quo--i. e., hence is why the one drones on about 'supporting our troops', whereas never mind what the civilians have had to cope and deal with--in the one case--every since the first Gulf War--and another case study of the short term memories etc. of more than black folk in this nation...

Uh...

George Bush Senior sent U. S. troops to spearhead a twenty seven aided military effort to oust the Iraqi military from Kuwait back in the nineties?

But...

Nobody bothered to mention Kuwait used to be a province of Iraq!

Duh...

Who made Kuwait an independant nation:

The British...

Might also kinda sorta have something to do with why what was once called Palestine is now called Israel...

Ever heard or read the word:

Colonialism?

But not to digress (too much)...

Now we here a lot about 'defending our freedoms':

Though is that what the so called 'Patroit Act' actually aids or undermines?

Etc. etc., etc.

A few here choose to believe we're in the midst of people merely exibiting their apathy?

I choose another word to describe it, after enduring eight years of Bush Junior, as well:

Fear...

Now please do share your comments about the aformentioned, so we can help to move our people forward again, on the better to know that not to know side, too...

Thanks!

CTJ

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back