Black People : Not sure where to post this Q

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Welsh_Biatch, Nov 3, 2009.

1. Welsh_Biatch

Welsh_Biatch New Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey Guys. I'm not sure where to post this question so I'm just going to throw it in here lol. Orite. So I have a character for a story plot who is of Caribbean decent, the whole family are and they live in Vancouver, Canada at present and the children are Canadian natives, I'm not sure what the political correct term would be for a person from the Caribbean and I'm not even 100% sure what other countries are in the Caribbean (I failed geography in school) so I was hoping someone could help me out =) If this actually made sense to anyone then I applaud you lol

Thanks =)

2. nikkinakiya

nikkinakiya Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +12
  3. Welsh_Biatch

Welsh_Biatch New Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah me and you both lol. I could have explained it a bit better, thats the causes of alcohol consumption haha. Let me try again. I have a character in my plot who decends from the Caribbean (not sure which part, feel free to advise me) anyway the children are Canadian natives and basically I would like to know the correct term.
    Any better? lol

Welsh x

4. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,745
    :geek: west Indians. now go away please...

5. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684
    Brother James ... you're just soo warm and fuzzy ... so helpful ... :blush: ... we need you on the hospitality and welcoming committee ... :love:

Welsh Biatch ... as Brother James has said, in ways like only he can ... Welcome! :wave:

Your question is interesting, and makes me wonder ...

What body or organization of people determine the labels / categorizations for others, around the world?

I mean ... if one wanted the definitive, authoritative answer to your question ... who would they go to?

I know it's not us, even though you came here asking.

Does anyone know?

Thanks Family.

:heart:

Destee

6. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,745
    she is a troll to me......

this person calls herself welsh *****. she asks some dumb question about black people for some project of hers.
    how can you be writing a play with a black character in it and you have no knowledge of black people? what are you going to write?
    we are not really in the business of educating white folk on blackness are we?

7. Khasm13

Khasm13 STAFF STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +4,472
    exactly....we should not even entertain trolls the slightest...
    this site is a joke to them...
    it's probably some 43 year old bald fat white man with nothing else to do
    with their obviously meaningless time...

one love
    khasm

8. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684
    Brother James ... in all fairness, asking what could be considered a "dumb question", in and of itself, does not make someone a troll. Perhaps if they presented some disruptive behavior to go along with the other questionable pieces you've mentioned, but they haven't done that (yet). So let's at least give them (and everyone) enough rope to hang themselves.

Plus Brother James ... while you're fussing about us not being in the business to educate white folk, it was you, not i, that answered their question. Now, i happen to think that it was very sweet and kind of you to do that, as i had no idea of the answer to the question. So, not only did you educate this one person, you educated me (and probably hundreds others) too. So thank you Brother James! :bowdown:

Brother James ... i also think you have posed some wonderfully great questions as well (how can you be writing a play with a black character in it and you have no knowledge of black people? what are you going to write?), that i hope Welsh Biatch will answer ... as you have so kindly answered their question.

Love You Brother James! :grouphug:

:heart:

Destee