Chief Elder Osiris : NOT SUPPORTING OBAMA IS ASSUMED THAT YOU HATE OBAMA, WHY?

EXACTLY. We already have black intellectuals running around saying "Dr. Kings Dream has been fulfilled", and that bothers me. I hate to say it, but it's downright foolish how a lot of black folks are reacting to Obama being the democratic nominee. I would call it ignornance, but we should know better by now. White people have shown to be the most deceptive people over time, and they're trying to pull another fast one on us, and once again we're falling right into the trap......I mean white folks already throw Condi and Colin Powell in our face, so you KNOW how they're going to react when they put a "liberal" black man in office. The day that Obama won't have to distance himself from the NOI and Jeremiah Wright is the day that I'll be jumping up and down for.

I have asked this before and will ask again.

Besides NOT voting what is your alternative?

For the record as far as I know I voted for Obama long before he became the nominee when most whites I know were pushing Clinton, Edwards McCain or Romney.

I am not unsconscious in thinking Obama is a revolutionary, Black Messiah or the fulfillment of Dr. King's Dream but hold up. Was King a revolutionary pushing folks to work outside the system?

Obama's Hope is another phase of Kings's Dream. Remember even folks in the New BPP were getting the vote out for him.

Again, give me an alternative and It better be more than Cynthia McKinney and the Green Party.

but there really doesn't seem to be too much practicality in it...it sounds just like a bunch of theorems and postulates with no real foundation in reality...

????...no foundation in reality?????? check the history of the democrats homie, that's all the foundation I need as evidence, lol. I've listed in other threads the harm that our last democratic president did to black people.....Why should I believe that this one will be any different?

in my opinion if you don't vote then you deserve whatever you get...
when democrats are in office education and the economy flourish...
when republicans are in office the rich get richer at a faster rate and we go to war...

my moms and pops are still living pay check to pay check no matter what party is in office. I don't like it when people say "if you don't vote then don't complain," because under that impression you're telling me that voting for a democratic president cures all of our ills..........and that's far from the truth.

there are larger issues that effect HUMANS moreso than races...

if we go to war again we might all die...not realizing this to me is living in the matrix...uknowwhatimsayin?

Republicans aren't the only ones who send people to war....Obama even brought this point up the other night in his speech. Whenever I see Obama overseas claiming to keep strong ties with Israel, that lets me know who's really in control.

????...no foundation in reality?????? check the history of the democrats homie, that's all the foundation I need as evidence, lol. I've listed in other threads the harm that our last democratic president did to black people.....Why should I believe that this one will be any different?

my moms and pops are still living pay check to pay check no matter what party is in office. I don't like it when people say "if you don't vote then don't complain," because under that impression you're telling me that voting for a democratic president cures all of our ills..........and that's far from the truth.

Republicans aren't the only ones who send people to war....Obama even brought this point up the other night in his speech. Whenever I see Obama overseas claiming to keep strong ties with Israel, that lets me know who's really in control.

For the record I agree with this and said so after his speech at the AIPAC conference. So let's talk solutions.

Again, I ask what is the alternative? What do YOU prospose as a solution that you can lay out in parctical terms such as a plan with workable aimds, goals, strategies and tactics?

as brother o stated...
the alternatives are what?

the one's that i have heard in this thread are not based in reality...maybe in the bizarro world or something...

question: what party was in office for our last 3 wars?
answer:republicans...

do you see any correlation?

don't get me wrong...politics are shady as hell
but saying that you are not going to vote in this race is tantamount 2 taking it up the arse with no vasoline at this point in our country's history...

do you really want another katrina incident to occur within the next 8 years? i know i don't...

one love
khasm

I have asked this before and will ask again.

Besides NOT voting what is your alternative?

For the record as far as I know I voted for Obama long before he became the nominee when most whites I know were pushing Clinton, Edwards McCain or Romney.

I am not unsconscious in thinking Obama is a revolutionary, Black Messiah or the fulfillment of Dr. King's Dream but hold up. Was King a revolutionary pushing folks to work outside the system?

Obama's Hope is another phase of Kings's Dream. Remember even folks in the New BPP were getting the vote out for him.

Again, give me an alternative and It better be more than Cynthia McKinney and the Green Party.

Like Hornet said earlier

Not voting and focusing our attention to other aspects of our life that can cause "real" change (history has shown this to be true). Whether people want to admit it or not, voting can become habitual, and nasty habits lead to people becoming complacent in their thinking. I'll put it like this, if I'm taking a mutiple choice test and I'm trying to get to the correct answer, what I first have to do is use the process of elimination in determining what's wrong. In my opinion Obama is far from Dr. King's Dream fulfilled. It's only a surface fulfillment.......Watching him speak the other night made me think of myself at my current job and all the white racism I have to put up with on a daily basis, and how I have to mask that anger and frustration, because I need that check at the end of the week for tuition. It didn't make me think that white folks had finally accepted a black man speaking for himself, without being judged because of the color of his skin.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back