Black Relationships : Not Satisfied

Discussion in 'Black Relationships' started by Dual Karnayn, Nov 5, 2005.

1. Dual Karnayn

Dual Karnayn Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +7
    Am I the only Black man in America who is not satisfied with the way Black women and men relate to eachother today?

I must be because everytime I see other Black people they aren't complaining about how the sexes get along. They don't seem to think there is a problem. The Black people I see are busy grinning on a cell phone lining up thier plans for the evening to go out and have fun....to hell with restructuring the Black family and gender relations.

Maybe it's just me, but I feel there is too much selfishness, materialism, and arrogance involved in relationships today.

I also feel as a Black man too much is demanded and expected of me by society, but the resources necessary to meet those demands aren't being provided.

We are expected to be the best even though society treats us the worst.

2. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,732
    welcome on board.
    if it's complaints you're looking for you have found a home.
    we got plenty for your perusal.

3. PurpleMoons

PurpleMoons Administrator STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,102
    :hi: Hello Dual Karnayn!

Welcome to Destee's! I hope you find your visit here productive and enlightening.

No, you are not alone. I too am not satisfied with the way many of us relate to each other. As black people, Women/Male, we have gone through so much pyschological trauma, we often lash out at each other without understanding, and conscientious thinking. But I am optimistic that we will over come this distructive trait, and re-discover our true individual worth.

Again, Welcome to Destee's!

4. Dual Karnayn

Ratings:
    +7
    James & Purple

Thanx for your warm welcomes.

I admit I'm a complainer....always have been.

I think it's just part of my personality and perhaps that's part of the problem. Most people tend to shy away from those who complain alot but I tend to gravitate towards them so we can both complain together...lol.

I believe the problem is we as Black people are trying to live outside of our nature and it's making things too complicated.

We are sexual beings by nature, so when we live in a society that basically condemns sex and relationships based on sex and lust....we are forced to play little games in order to justify our behavior and satisfy our nature.

The lies we tell just to get sex, and the games we play causes confusion, moral guilt, and frustration....especially with those who don't know how the games are played or have trouble keeping up.

If it was totally cool for anybody (of the opposite sex) you found attractive to just hop in the sack with you and do the d*mn thang with absolutely no moral or social hang-ups and no issues of commitement. I believe the games and tricks would stop immediately, both men and women would be much happier, and relations would improve.

5. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,732
    i had it close to like that in the sixties and yes, things in general were much better between us.

6. Dual Karnayn

Ratings:
    +7
    Yes, I heard about the 60s and 70s.

I heard the love was free and the memories priceless!

People had good jobs making good money and not as many worries.

Now it's all about the money and status...who can put on the best image and "entertain" there way into somebody's drawers.

7. Moorfius

Moorfius Well-Known Member MEMBER

Self Employed
    Ratings:
    +27
    Know Thy Self*

Hotep

Life is short and we are fortunate to find our way through to that becoming and that transformation that make us compleat in this life. In the words of very ancient wisdom of our ancient Kemetic ancestors: "There is not love that transcends human nature. Maybe it is the spiritual honesty that will lead us into accepting that we do not love the other because of them, but we love the other because of ourselves. This is why we must be thankful to those we love. We love the other only for what we feel in their presence; and it is the search for the same feeling that is pushing us toward attachment to those we love. Love before anything, is an egoistic act. It is by recognizing this fact honestly that we will understand what we owe to those we love so that we can help them have the same sentiments towards us".
    People Know Thy Self

Ase`

8. Dual Karnayn

Ratings:
    +7
    Thanx for your responses brothers and sister.

I guess I AM the only one not satisfied with the way Black men and women relate to eachother today.

Perhaps I'm not satisfied because it doesn't make any sense to me.
    Too many games are being played and what I FEEL women should be attracted to, they don't seem to be.

I'm still a young guy so maybe God will bring about a change in the community to suit my liking so that bruthaz who think and act like ME will be on top for a change.

9. HoneyBrown05

HoneyBrown05 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3
    Welcome!

I feel you on this we all need to be real with ourselves and others b/c this is not what life is all about. People are too afraid to ask, but beyond that our communities lack communication.

10. Monetary

Monetary going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Economist
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +236
    Correct me if I'm wroing, but are you saying that you want Black people to stop playing games for sex and just have sex on GP?