Black Spirituality Religion : Not believing in the bible

cursed heart

REGISTERED MEMBER
Jan 12, 2006
At first did you feel like you turned your back on someone or something when you were spiritually awakened or at the beginning of your journey?
Like did things get better for you or was everything in turmoil at first?
Did you know how to make the transformation smoothly because at times I feel alone and lost with this.
I mean I still call on jesus and enjoy the music.
MEDITATION ,WHERE,WHERE,HOW TO BEGIN?

cursed heart said:
At first did you feel like you turned your back on someone or something when you were spiritually awakened or at the beginning of your journey?
I didn't, but then again I was a teen ager when I turned away from Christianity (in the 70's) so I wasn't as emotionally invested as you seem to be. The fact that its claims made no sense to me whatsoever (after having practically grown up in the church) helped a lot. I really didn't feel like I was missing anything.
Like did things get better for you or was everything in turmoil at first?
My observation is that everyone handles it a bit differently. There is a former Christian minister by the name of Ray Haggin (I don't know if you're familiar with him) who said it's a hurting thing when you learn you learn that everything you believed about God and religion for most of your life turns out to be a lie. There's another brother by the name of Amen Ka Ra Heru (sometimes he posts on the Faith & Religion board on Black Voices) who is actually a degreed theologian (Master's of Divinity Degree) who went through a similar transition from Christianity (about 12-15 years ago) to a Kemetic style of spirituality. There are many others who've done the same thing. The important thing to know is that you are not alone.
Did you know how to make the transformation smoothly because at times I feel alone and lost with this.
You need to get with a study group if you can. Do you mind saying (generally) what city you live in or near? I'm in Chicago. There are over 25 or so officially sanctioned AAS study groups thoughout the US, Canada, the Caribbean, and the UK. You need to find one quick, fast and in a hurry. I'd be more than happy to put you in touch with someone who heads one of these groups. Feeling isolated is not something you need at this point.
MEDITATION ,WHERE,WHERE,HOW TO BEGIN?
Do you have meditation CD's/tapes? If so just pop 'em in and get started following the instructions for breathing. If not, email me at Sami_Ra_Maati@indiatimes.com and I can get some to you.

The starting point for learning to meditate is with the Auset meditation, since this is the faculty that governs the ability to meditate and lays the foundation for all other meditative spiritual work that you do. Once I learned to meditate (using the Auset meditation) I incidentally noted that meditation is also a tremendous stress buster.

Slowly said:
Things were helter shelter at first. Christian friends said God was just throwing away the junk so I could start clean. Are you going threw stuff? If so, just hold on, it gets better!

Thanks slowly,yes I am!!!!!!!!
It seems that everyone who'm I thought was there for me is dropping out of my life!My trance like dreams are more real than ever before!
I would go deeper but I dont want anyone think I need a shot of prozac!

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back