Black People : Not All Of Us Are Gonna Make It

Correction: integration.

In my family, the *fight* was only worthwhile IF 'separate but equal' really would have turned out to be *separate* but EQUAL, with equality to mean more of the communities' tax dollars coming back into our communities. At that time, the largest segregated Negro community in Phoenix (known as the 'Southside' as it was the entire area of Phoenix located south of the Salt River), was forced to bear the HIGHEST property tax rates for the entire state! Thus, the matter of taxation + the deliberate under-investment by the local government in Southside schools, sewers, streets, garbage collection, street lights, etc.)--EQUALITY to mean a much more equitable share of tax dollars returning to the people who paid the highest assessments--well, the Movement was only worth worrying with if it made Separate But Equal a reality---but not none of that mixing, though.

The *majority* of Negroes came (once again) from that school that said that inviting yt into the community's business would spell disaster for the community. Not all agreed with this view, though. Many from the church leadership wanted/worked hard for the MLK approach.

One Love, and PEACE

Weren’t some of the Jews like that in Europe until the Russians and the Germans turned on them in that a lot of us just don’t want to come to terms with just how deeply ingrained xenophobia with regard to non-whites in general, peoples of African ethnicity specifically is, in the European collective’s psyche?

Here in the UK I always watch them very very carefully and KNOW better than to EVER leave myself in a position where they can do me harm, along with being both conscious and fortunate that if their current economic MELTDOWN goes pass a certain level of severity, the shrewd thing to do is sell up and simply bail out back to Guyana if my contacts in West Africa haven’t come good yet?

Aren’t our parents partly to blame as underlined by the manner in which my father [an ex policeman in Guyana] is all about honesty, integrity and fair play which doesn’t help much in our community, while making you a completely clueless naive victim in their business/corporate arena, whereas socially they are more chilled out; though I’ve sometimes had to wake up some of the SLOW in our community who truly don’t realize that freedom of association is the key, why would or should you want to socialize with anyone [regardless of their ethnic heritage] who doesn’t want to [for whatever reason] socialize with you? Is a still simmering can of worms created by an inversion in that region and other parts of Africa of the “one drop” rule, whereby people of African ethnicity with the slightest trace of Semitic/White blood believe themselves to be WHITE/superior to Hutu/Bantu Africans and do their utmost to repress Hutu/Bantu Africans [like me] into the gutter [as highlighted by the social inequality I witnessed on that basis when I was in Ethiopia]?

Can you imagine my amusement at their disbelief/clearly discernable horror here in the UK with being categorized by the whites here as blacks/n*****s/the same as the rest of us?

I have always been a little paranoid. If I see a gang of white folx gunning down brothers and sisters. I wont be, OMG! What's going on.

I'd grab my gun(s).
How well did doing just that work out for the GAP inhabitants of Tulsa Oklahoma on the 1st June 1921?

Aren’t WE peoples of African ethnicity generally, in the USA and the rest of the Diaspora specifically totally emasculated [still afflicted to varying levels of severity by the residual trauma of the worst collective defeat ever survived, on the historical record] by the fanaticism of the Muslim world as highlighted by their focus on destroying their enemies by ANY MEANS [can you see our communities/countries producing suicide bombers any time soon, I cant]?

Their armed forces had to take to the streets [in Egypt, Syria, Libya/the whole Muslim world] to stop their masses celebrating the twin towers coming down [blissfully unaware that the planes being allowed to hit the towers and the controlled demolition that followed was an inside job] in stark contrast to the support/genuine sympathy the USA got from most of the peoples of African ethnicity worldwide; whereas isn’t even the current WAR ON TERROR’s initiatives against the Muslim world just a hard slap on the wrist in comparison to the ongoing African HOLOCAUST [as opposed to an actual cessation of hostilities/apology and reparations] of over 500 years duration?

Isn’t ANYONE who genuinely believes they are not programmed
graphically illustrating that their programming is COMPLETE?
[/quote]

In Tulsa, they were standing around saying, OMG! Had they grabbed guns, they wouldn't have been wiped out

I agree, many of us are all talk

It seems like slavery was integration, when you view it in that context, because we are still systematically enslaved to a large degree.

But on the other hand, you may want to checkout Dr. Claude Andersons' explanation of integration, which changed my mind on how we define it. He says black folks only thought they were fighting for integration, however they were really fighting for inclusion. He's says the proper way to integrate is to build your own, then integrate when you have something of value to bring to the table. What we did was get tricked into fighting for inclusion, not interrogation. That's why we're in trouble now. On that note, I never did understand those sit-ins by those young college students. If they're throwing coffee in your face and spitting on you because you want to eat their food, think of what they're going to put in your coffee when they actually do serve you. It just doesn't make any common sense to me. No wonder we get all the bad food.

It sounds like you're saying if it wasn't for integration, they never would have been able to interfere with the progress of blacks there in Phoenix, which does make since when I realize we were really fighting for inclusion instead.

I'll tell you this much, KPITRL, I recall having only Black teachers, women AND men as teachers up until 1970. In 1970, *all of a sudden* I had more white women teachers than anything else! I'm saying, white women teachers *teaching* us Black kids in hood schools! Filling out the admin positions, too. We kids go off for the summer. We all belong to a 100% Black school. We kids come back in the fall and WTF? Yeah.

The curriculum changed. Our schooling went from being a *well oiled machine* to la-la land! They came at us treating us like we were babies! THEY didn't even understand us--the way we spoke (our language)--and didn't hesitate to disapprove/try to embarass any one of us who'd use our common home speech with each other (Black English).

Understand, here, that we were so well educated that when it came time for our lessons, our essays, our prior preparation (academics), we had our mess on lock! So, these white shoulders smelling white ladies would exclaim to us that in some ways, we were little *marvels*--as if we did tricks--because our *spoken arts* failed to keep up with our written skills. Thing is, nearly every one of us had been 'taught' to code switch...smh...that kind of mess was taught to all of us starting in the 1st grade.

Talk about WEIRD! These broads knew NOTHING 'about us'. As one of my friends once said, 'School feels funny' with them here. Yeah. Felt foreign.

Interesting fact. The greatest of our freedom fighters, scholars, political nightmares for the system? The Panthers, Angela, Huey, Stokely--ALL of them--ALL were educated in segregated schools. The foundation work that powered their academic careers came from the work of Negro/Black teachers. Some eventually operated on THINK TANK levels. Grasped ALL of the concepts. Thing is, they *applied* all of their learning towards the 'uplift' of our people, right? So...

Any wonder, today, how it is that the phenomena of white women teachers flooding the hood schools should have *suddenly* come about? Were these white women teachers the *top of their classes*? Or were they the bottom cull? Not good at their jobs 'elsewhere'? Because WHAT in the world compelled them to brave our hoods? They got no special police protections--not where I was raised. Maybe they got combat pay...IONO, but arrive in droves? Yes. They and white administrators *flooded our minority district*.

Know why? By the 1950s, the average Negro segregated school--even the 1 room shack variety school--had the actual potential of producing another Angela! Another George! Another D!ck! Another Thurgood!

Another *marvel*. Troubling thought, that--and one that obviously had to be dealt with.

One Love, and PEACE

I'll tell you this much, KPITRL, I recall having only Black teachers, women AND men as teachers up until 1970. In 1970, *all of a sudden* I had more white women teachers than anything else! I'm saying, white women teachers *teaching* us Black kids in hood schools! Filling out the admin positions, too. We kids go off for the summer. We all belong to a 100% Black school. We kids come back in the fall and WTF? Yeah.

The curriculum changed. Our schooling went from being a *well oiled machine* to la-la land! They came at us treating us like we were babies! THEY didn't even understand us--the way we spoke (our language)--and didn't hesitate to disapprove/try to embarass any one of us who'd use our common home speech with each other (Black English).

Understand, here, that we were so well educated that when it came time for our lessons, our essays, our prior preparation (academics), we had our mess on lock! So, these white shoulders smelling white ladies would exclaim to us that in some ways, we were little *marvels*--as if we did tricks--because our *spoken arts* failed to keep up with our written skills. Thing is, nearly every one of us had been 'taught' to code switch...smh...that kind of mess was taught to all of us starting in the 1st grade.

Talk about WEIRD! These broads knew NOTHING 'about us'. As one of my friends once said, 'School feels funny' with them here. Yeah. Felt foreign.

Interesting fact. The greatest of our freedom fighters, scholars, political nightmares for the system? The Panthers, Angela, Huey, Stokely--ALL of them--ALL were educated in segregated schools. The foundation work that powered their academic careers came from the work of Negro/Black teachers. Some eventually operated on THINK TANK levels. Grasped ALL of the concepts. Thing is, they *applied* all of their learning towards the 'uplift' of our people, right? So...

Any wonder, today, how it is that the phenomena of white women teachers flooding the hood schools should have *suddenly* come about? Were these white women teachers the *top of their classes*? Or were they the bottom cull? Not good at their jobs 'elsewhere'? Because WHAT in the world compelled them to brave our hoods? They got no special police protections--not where I was raised. Maybe they got combat pay...IONO, but arrive in droves? Yes. They and white administrators *flooded our minority district*.

Know why? By the 1950s, the average Negro segregated school--even the 1 room shack variety school--had the actual potential of producing another Angela! Another George! Another D!ck! Another Thurgood!

Another *marvel*. Troubling thought, that--and one that obviously had to be dealt with.

One Love, and PEACE

You hit it on the nail with those white woman teachers teaching black students. As an adult, I now see how they tried to keep a lot of ambitious black children from reaching their full potential. I remember I got real good in math in the 5th grade, just to have that white teacher tell me I needed to slow it down. She was more receptive of me when I was one of her worst students, cutting up and not doing my work. I noticed that when a white teacher did bring out your full potential, she would be gone the next year...that's what happened to the white teacher who made me a straight A student that same year.

This trying to hold black individuals back mentality goes on all the way up to college, when it comes to certain white teachers and professors. I ran into it in my very first year at grad school with this racist white professor. He even ended the last day of the semester by bringing his 14 year-old son in to tell a coded racial joke. What was just as disturbing was, the black students pretended like they didn't get it after class was over.

Anyway, having white teachers teach black children is one of the biggest obstacles preventing black children from knowing who they are, and being the best they can be, based on what I've seen and experienced.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back